The News Thread

It's probably not a surprise, but I have issues with that position. There isn't any true "host culture." There's only the culture that established itself and declared itself lord of these lands. Blood and soil, good sir.

The "ghettoization" of a culture isn't an objective phenomenon, it's only observable from the perspective of the population that currently holds hegemonic sway. Ancient Rome ghettoized itself and crumbled, but it didn't mean the end of Western civilization. And plenty of Roman subjects survived the fall of Rome and lived afterward in relative peace and harmony; they just became something other than "Roman."

It's probably not a surprise, but I have issues with that position. There isn't any true "host culture." There's only the culture that established itself and declared itself lord of these lands. Blood and soil, good sir.

Yes, and they're the host of the house the guests are moving into. You don't get to violently riot in someone else's house because that host allows mockery of Islam via cartoons in their house.

The "ghettoization" of a culture isn't an objective phenomenon, it's only observable from the perspective of the population that currently holds hegemonic sway.

Strange position. When you have entire communities that speak a different language from it's host country, barely interacts with the native people of said host, police their own community extrajudicially, and so on, that's an objective ghettoisation.

I thought trans people always competed in their new gender? isnt there a trans woman in the UFC/MMA trying to fight in the womans division but isnt allowed?

edit;

oh, because Texas is stupid and already legislated it for no legitimate reason

Even though Beggs identifies as male, the wrestler must compete against girls because of a UIL rule that requires student-athletes to compete by the gender listed on their birth certificates

Did you not read that article babe? The guy claims he is a women now and is beating up on girls

Anyway, falon fox actually fought women. And he is a man. Mindblowing ... and equally as disgusting.

edit: my mistake, they should make her fight falon fox :lol:

Last edited:
Did you read it? Because actually it's a transmale (aka, born a female) fighting in the women's matches because female is the sex on his birth certificate.

Such a reactionary.

The trans part is pretty irrelevant, what I'm wondering is why is he not disqualified for taking testosterone and steroids?
A north Texas transgender high school wrestler, transitioning from female to male, won a girls’ regional championship when the female opponent forfeited the match over the weekend.

Girl beats girls. People outraged.

oh, because Texas is stupid and already legislated it for no legitimate reason

How is that stupid? Biological males should not be fighting biological females. :brick:

Last edited:
Yes, and they're the host of the house the guests are moving into. You don't get to violently riot in someone else's house because that host allows mockery of Islam via cartoons in their house.

Well, in many cases they're documented, meaning they aren't guests--they're legal residents. So the more proper analogy would be a father posting humiliating photos of his kids on the fridge, and the children tearing them down and throwing food around the kitchen.

Strange position. When you have entire communities that speak a different language from it's host country, barely interacts with the native people of said host, police their own community extrajudicially, and so on, that's an objective ghettoisation.

Ghettoization is a pejorative term. It's only ghettoization from the perspective of the population that enjoys the privilege of nationalism. This perspective doesn't qualify as objective, especially when the supposed "guests" are in fact registered citizens of that country--they're just another part of the nation. I don't perceive it as the ghettoizing of a host culture, but as the processes of cultural differentiation and diversification that are inevitable dimensions of national bodies.

Perceiving it as ghettoization seems, to me, to insinuate that there is a fundamental and stable body of citizens that can be isolated and elevated as the "true" occupants of a nation. I think this is an impossible task.

Well, in many cases they're documented, meaning they aren't guests--they're legal residents. So the more proper analogy would be a father posting humiliating photos of his kids on the fridge, and the children tearing them down and throwing food around the kitchen.

Hahaha. Yeah I'm not going to even engage that analogy.

Perceiving it as ghettoization seems, to me, to insinuate that there is a fundamental and stable body of citizens that can be isolated and elevated as the "true" occupants of a nation. I think this is an impossible task.

Okay so you're one of those people that doesn't think a nation has it's identity? We definitely fundamentally disagree on this topic.

How is that stupid? Biological males should not be fighting biological females. :brick:

well, Texas is stupid because they legislated it not because of an occurrence but rather in response tot he trans athletic movement.

A woman taking male hormones is considered, by the Olympic committee, to be eligible to compete in the new gender. Same with a man transitioning to woman. I believe the time period is 3 years for them to be considered eligible.

If he, born as a she, wants to compete against men, i'm all for it. i'm all for biological (non trans)women competing in male dominated but not restrictive sports, if they want to.

My problem with all that shit is being able to compete with an advantage others dont have.

If you're taking shit that other people in your division of whatever can take WITHOUT A DOCTOR SAYING ITS FOR A SEX CHANGE then I'm fine with it. Male hormones, steroids, testosterone.. whatever... are an unfair advantage if others arent allowed to take it, regardless of the sex division you're wrestling in.

he would be competing against men if not for the law. how is the law perfectly fine? and it's literally not scientific sound, a woman taking testosterone, if she wants to or is transitioning, will undoubtebdly be stronger than a woman without. there's literally no logic behind it

he would be competing against men if not for the law. how is the law perfectly fine? and it's literally not scientific sound, a woman taking testosterone, if she wants to or is transitioning, will undoubtebdly be stronger than a woman without. there's literally no logic behind it

Seriously though, would it be legal for a boy not going through a sex change to take the crap he is?
That's my question.

Also, he wouldnt be 52-0 and no one would give a fuck.

I don't follow your reasoning here. Boys wouldn't have to take testosterone, they are all at levels higher than women. the problem is they are forcing, they being Texas law, the trans boy to fight against women. the trans kid is too heavy for the women's division so he can't even truly compete and if he, he being the trans kid, wants to compete against men while he's still playing catch up in terms of hormones, that's up to him(and probably his family) if he gets his ass handed to him or not. wrestling isn't MMA, you aren't dying or suffering severely if you lose.

But there is an argument that is brewing in the steroid/supplementation about certain athletes having more natural testosterone etc and if it's fair to let others play catch up in a way to even the playing field.I think it's interesting, because everyone is not created equal. Imagine if everyone could safely take growth hormones and the C position in basketball becomes more competitive, for instance, instead of the 1 in bajillion chance your kid has the 7'er gene in his chromosomes or wherever the hell it hides