The News Thread

That is an absolute ridiculous statement for you to make.

Also, there is nothing arguable about that question. It's not like i'm calling it a fact just to fuck around with you guys or something. Don't know how in the world you can come away with a conclusion of what my mindset on abortion is, especially after asking an irrefutable question like that.

edit: Oh and stop dodging my question, when do you think conception occurs?

I'm just curious because this has been going back and forth for a little while:

Are you opposed to abortion? What exactly is your opinion on it?

That is an absolute ridiculous statement for you to make.

Also, there is nothing arguable about that question. It's not like i'm calling it a fact just to fuck around with you guys or something. Don't know how in the world you can come away with a conclusion of what my mindset on abortion is, especially after asking an irrefutable question like that.

edit: Oh and stop dodging my question, when do you think conception occurs?

"For me, it kind of generalizes your entire position and mindset on abortion, so that's why I asked"

Not dodging, not the intent of my question

Definition of CONCEPTION

a (1) : the process of becoming pregnant involving fertilization or implantation or both (2) : embryo, fetus
-

Definition of FERTILIZATION

: an act or process of making fertile: as
a : the application of fertilizer
b (1) : an act or process of fecundation, insemination, or pollination —not used technically (2) : the process of union of two gametes whereby the somatic chromosome number is restored and the development of a new individual is initiated

So you don't wanna answer my question? I;m just wondering if there is a different definition of conception that we should all know about.

I'm just curious because this has been going back and forth for a little while:

Are you opposed to abortion? What exactly is your opinion on it?

Without getting into too much detail ... yes, i am opposed to abortion. Outside of rape victims, and mothers whos lives are in danger during labor(unless other alternatives are available), i don't think there are any legitimate excuses to kill an unborn child. I'm absolutely 100% against using state or federal funds to pay for abortions. And again, without going on a "hate" campaign, i'll just say that these numbers absolutely horrify me ...

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

... fucking makes my stomach turn. Throwing away human life because we have turned into a pathetic, irresponsible society. And at the same time we teach our young girls(and boys) of today that it's ok to be irresponsible little whores. What a vicious fuckin' cycle.

I remember when Soviet Union was aborting hundreds(if notmore) of babies on a daily basis just because everyone wanted a boy to "carry their name". Sickening.

Okay, thank you. I don't agree with you but you're entitled to your opinion.

So you don't wanna answer my question? I;m just wondering if there is a different definition of conception that we should all know about.

Without getting into too much detail ... yes, i am opposed to abortion. Outside of rape victims, and mothers whos lives are in danger during labor(unless other alternatives are available), i don't think there are any legitimate excuses to kill an unborn child. I'm absolutely 100% against using state or federal funds to pay for abortions. And again, without going on a "hate" campaign, i'll just say that these numbers absolutely horrify me ...

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

... fucking makes my stomach turn. Throwing away human life because we have turned into a pathetic, irresponsible society. And at the same time we teach our young girls(and boys) of today that it's ok to be irresponsible little whores. What a vicious fuckin' cycle.

I remember when Soviet Union was aborting hundreds(if notmore) of babies on a daily basis just because everyone wanted a boy to "carry their name". Sickening.

You're a perfect example of why abortion should not only stay legal but encouraged.

I'm kind of interested in this topic, especially after watching this weeks edition of Real Time with Bill Maher. Maher is a noted PETA supporter/funder/lover and I really think liberals (going to generalize here, but I don't know many conservatives against it) are practicing in a form of global oppression, akin to that of the early 20th century. What do guys think?

Poverty is instead created by economic institutions that systematically block the incentives and opportunities of poor people to make things better for themselves, their neighbours and their country.

I think it ties into this quote from this article, and I am considering trophy killings in the same caliber of economic capabilities to that of Oil and other valuable resources in the nicely developed world.

You said it twice? Did i miss something?

But yeah, good ... just wanted to make sure that we're in the same "camp". ;)

Haven't watched todays Real Time yet, but its on my DVR. I'll prolly smoke a joint and watch it before knocking out. Will chime in on it tomorrow.

I'm kind of interested in this topic, especially after watching this weeks edition of Real Time with Bill Maher. Maher is a noted PETA supporter/funder/lover and I really think liberals (going to generalize here, but I don't know many conservatives against it) are practicing in a form of global oppression, akin to that of the early 20th century. What do guys think?

I think it ties into this quote from this article, and I am considering trophy killings in the same caliber of economic capabilities to that of Oil and other valuable resources in the nicely developed world.

Regarding that NY Times article by the African grad student (which admittedly I think is probably bs for other reasons), I just had to listen to my liberal professor and fellow grad student just say "Tough shit, the lions were there first" and "Starvation isn't an argument" in a dozen different ways. There are few forms of liberals I hate more than those that suddenly ignore all their bleeding-heart bullshit once it involves human beings outside of their own countries/ethnicities. I admire China for what they're doing in Africa more than any Western nation.

There's too many damned people anyway. Let the fools abort their own children imo. Of course I'd never do it to my own child.

[EDIT] Look at it this way. Do you want someone who would willingly kill their own child to be forced to pass on their genes instead? Do you want a child to grow up with parents that didn't want them to be born?