The News Thread

A country?

No, it was an empire.

coun·try
ˈkəntrē/
noun
noun: country; plural noun: countries; noun: the country

a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.
"the country's increasingly precarious economic position"

I don't see what makes an empire mutually exclusive of that.

coun·try
ˈkəntrē/
noun
noun: country; plural noun: countries; noun: the country

a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.
"the country's increasingly precarious economic position"

I don't see what makes an empire mutually exclusive of that.

Occupying a particular territory implies the singular, a territory.

The Ottoman Empire was an empire that reached from Anatolia to Southeast and Central Europe, Western Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and the Caucasus, according to Wiki.

What you're saying is like calling The British Empire a country. The United Kingdom is the country, The British Empire is the empire.

Occupying a particular territory implies the singular, a territory.

The Ottoman Empire was an empire that reached from Anatolia to Southeast and Central Europe, Western Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and the Caucasus, according to Wiki.

What you're saying is like calling The British Empire a country. The United Kingdom is the country, The British Empire is the empire.

I wasn't saying that the small part of the Ottoman Empire that corresponds to the borders of modern day Israel is on its own a country, but it is a part of a country, that country being called the Ottoman Empire.

empires were countries
:lol: the inbred blood is strong in this one

No, that was the Gampr I bought from your cousin for a $20 bag of weed. Very loyal dog.
Well, i can see how you would mistake your whore of a mother for a furry beast, so i cant blame you there.

And the day a faggot like you would be able to handle a Gampr ... :lol:

empire
ˈɛmpʌɪə/
noun
noun: empire; plural noun: empires

1. 1.
    an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state.

First, what country was the Ottoman Empire occupying?

Second, would you agree by your argument that the United States is not a country?

First, what country was the Ottoman Empire occupying?

Occupied? I didn't say they occupied anything. They probably did occupy some places at some point but that isn't really relevant.

Second, would you agree by your argument that the United States is not a country?

Holy shit, I am not going to start a discussion about whether the United States is a country or not. Fuck that shit. :D

This is becoming autistic enough for me.

Occupied? I didn't say they occupied anything. They probably did occupy some places at some point but that isn't really relevant.

Holy shit, I am not going to start a discussion about whether the United States is a country or not. Fuck that shit. :D

This is becoming autistic enough for me.

You said the Ottoman Empire was an empire. You defined an empire as "an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state." Assuming you consider ruling to entail occupation, then by definition, you did say they occupied something.

You're not because your definition is retarded.

And no, the turks never occupied any part of Armenia, not until the Genocide occurred. We were actually on pretty good terms and they referred to western Armenia as "the loyal milet" What did happen though was the Russians smashed on the ottomans and occupied western Armenia for a little while, to which we had no problem with since Russia was an ally and that benefited both of our countries.