The News Thread

And no, the turks never occupied any part of Armenia, not until the Genocide occurred. We were actually on pretty good terms and they referred to western Armenia as "the loyal milet" What did happen though was the Russians smashed on the ottomans and occupied western Armenia for a little while, to which we had no problem with since Russia was an ally and that benefited both of our countries.

We're talking about Palestine here, try to keep up.

You said the Ottoman Empire was an empire. You defined an empire as "an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state." Assuming you consider ruling to entail occupation, then by definition, you did say they occupied something.

You're not because your definition is retarded.

It's not my definition, it's the definition.

Occupation implies a military presence against the will of not just the people of a state, region or country but specifically against the will of the government there.

Often occupations are intended to be temporary. The American military occupies places all the time, that doesn't make those places part of the United States of America. :lol:

And you're an alcoholic aboriginal bastard subhuman.

I'm not an alcoholic, I actually am more in line with people like @Dak who prioritize the power of a sober mind and having control over impulses.

But I think I am a bastard, technically speaking. :D

It's not my definition, it's the definition.

Occupation implies a military presence against the will of not just the people of a state, region or country but specifically against the will of the government there.

Often occupations are intended to be temporary. The American military occupies places all the time, that doesn't make those places part of the United States of America. :lol:

All occupations involve military presence, sure. Not all occupations are intended to be temporary, nowhere near. Did the Roman Empire "temporarily occupy" the entirety of the Mediterranean without intention? No, they occupied it for the long-term goal of extracting resources and capital as well as expanding power. Further, not all occupations are against the will of the people, nor do all occupations even entail imperialist goals. We occupied with troops Hawaii for quite some time before granting them statehood, but overall they supported becoming a state. We occupy Germany today, but with no intention of ruling Germany.

You have logic backwards. Using your provided definition, a sovereign state which rules over other states is an empire. Unless you're making the argument that the Ottoman Empire occupied Palestine without ruling Palestine (please explain the historical borders then), your argument about what constitutes occupation is irrelevant.

The 48 contiguous states, particularly in the central and Western USA, have some hundreds of Indian reservations split between them. These reservations are given a nominal degree of autonomy but are ultimately still under the jurisdiction of the United States government. Do the existence of these not therefore disqualify the USA as a country?

article-1270103-09605513000005DC-723_468x671.jpg

hbb and his mommy

You can argue against the definition of what is an empire all you like, I've already given you said definition. If you think The Ottoman Empire was a country, far be it from me to dissuade you from your deranged autistic delusions.

Jews have been around longer than Armenians. rekt

You can argue against the definition of what is an empire all you like, I've already given you said definition. If you think The Ottoman Empire was a country, far be it from me to dissuade you from your deranged autistic delusions.

It is a country/nation/state AND an empire. Your own definition of empire includes states which rule other states. I would say the Ottoman Empire one one such state. Please show me an authoritative source which denies that the Ottoman Empire was a country.

He's such an idiot

So what was turkey? a country inside a country? :lol:

he must have missed the part where i said for example that Western Armenian(which was a part of the ottoman empire) was never occupied by the ottmans and was never a part of turkey, an actual COUNTRY.

inbred.png

That's not how it works gaylord, you find me an authoritative source which calls The Ottoman Empire a country. :heh:

Sure.

empire
ˈɛmpʌɪə/
noun
noun: empire; plural noun: empires

1. 1.
    an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state.

Merriam-Webster said:
state
noun, often attributive \ ˈstāt \

5 a :a politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory; especially :eek:ne that is sovereign
b :the political organization of such a body of people

Merriam-Webster said:
country
noun coun·try \ ˈkən-trē \

2 a :the land of a person's birth, residence, or citizenship

left their country for America

b :a political state or nation or its territory

the country of Italy

The Ottoman Empire was an empire. An empire is a sovereign state which happens to rule other states. A state is synonymous with a country in this context. Therefore, the Ottoman Empire was also a country.

He's such an idiot

So what was turkey? a country inside a country? :lol:

he must have missed the part where i said for example that Western Armenian(which was a part of the ottoman empire) was never occupied by the ottmans and was never a part of turkey, an actual COUNTRY.

inbred.png

What country does Turkey currently belong to?

You must have missed the part where I reminded you that we were discussing Palestine and the Ottoman Empire's occupation of it, not your shitty little backwater country that only Turkdodgers care about.

yes, and that was an example to show you just how fucking retraded you are for thinking a) an empire is a country and b)that empire=occupation. You literally are the dumbest, most uneducated person on this forum and you just keep proving it.

And also, dont forget .. those who were responsible for the genoicde got chased out by their own government, and then hunted down and killed by Armenians one by one. So that would make the leaders of the ottoman empire Armenian-dodgers ....

Sure.

The Ottoman Empire was an empire. An empire is a sovereign state which happens to rule other states. A state is synonymous with a country in this context. Therefore, the Ottoman Empire was also a country.

This is just a string of context-dissolving tautology.

The Ottoman State is the country you're talking about, The Ottoman Empire is the collection of states and countries outside of The Ottoman State which it ruled over.

The Ottoman Empire fell apart and dissolved and the original Ottoman State became the modern Republic of Turkey, that's the country you're talking about. Everything outside of Anatolia was not The Ottoman State, but rather its empire.

yes, and that was an example to show you just how fucking retraded you are for thinking a) an empire is a country and b)that empire=occupation. You literally are the dumbest, most uneducated person on this forum and you just keep proving it.

And also, dont forget .. those who were responsible for the genoicde got chased out by their own government, and then hunted down and killed by Armenians one by one. So that would make the leaders of the ottoman empire Armenian-dodgers ....

a) dispute my very simple and rational proof above that empires are often countries
b) name an empire that didn't engage in occupation

Good job, those Armenians let a million of their own die like cowards, and then when the British came in to save the day, they LARPed as Paul Kersey for a couple of months killing soft squishy Turkish leaders in alleys. What heroes.

This is just a string of context-dissolving tautology.

The Ottoman State is the country you're talking about, The Ottoman Empire is the collection of states and countries outside of The Ottoman State which it ruled over.

The Ottoman Empire fell apart and dissolved and the original Ottoman State became the modern Republic of Turkey, that's the country you're talking about. Everything outside of Anatolia was not The Ottoman State, but rather its empire.

According to whom? Googling "ottoman state" yields mostly just results about the Ottoman Empire. Your turn to provide evidence to back your claim.