The News Thread

a) this isnt how i "act", its who i am. b) the people that i employ worry about how they should "act", not the other way around .... and c) fuck you again for trying to jump on me. What, are you trying to score brownie points again with the in-crowd like you did when you tried to ban me? Only to apologize to me and get spanked by the guy who ran this site? Fuck off you little bitch.

Even with a dumb reason for an abortion. If you're asking whether or not I think women should be able to do whatever they want with no consequences ("pro-choice"), then no.

Ok, you're not pro-choice(sure you're not). Are you "pro-life"? I'm just curious, since you love taking cracks at the pro-life point of view on a regular basis. "Im not pro choice, but i just love shitting on pro-life". You're such a coward, at least be up front and straightforward with your views.

I think women should be able to do whatever they want with no consequences ("pro-choice"), then no.

It takes more than one person to have a child, so its not just about women.

Abortion definitely shouldn't be normalized. Nobody should ever have one, everyone should be using contraceptives and birth control to an obsessive level, because by all accounts abortions take a physical and emotional toll. It is terrible. It's an awful thing... for the couple involved, not the fetus.

But if the most careful measures should fail, then absolutely a woman should be permitted to make that very difficult choice to not be staunchly placed into the mother column for life. Assuming we're talking early in the pregnancy. Responsible people who don't want kids but pull the short straw are 99.99999% of the time going to be on that shit pretty quick.

People joke but I'd really like to see a world where the poor and/or irresponsible are forced on long-lasting contraceptive. Not sterilized, but there's some female methods that last 5+ years and I think the dude thing is reversible with scant side effects? You should have a minimum salary and level of stability before you're allowed to take it out.

you love taking cracks at the pro-life point of view on a regular basis. "Im not pro choice, but i just love shitting on pro-life".

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It takes more than one person to have a child, so its not just about women.

I agree!

Responsible people who don't want kids but pull the short straw are 99.99999% of the time going to be on that shit pretty quick.

Yup. We've had 1 condom fail in the last 8 years and I was dropping the absurd amount of cash Plan B costs first thing in the morning. It's not that we don't want more kids, but we can't afford them atm.

a) this isnt how i "act", its who i am. b) the people that i employ worry about how they should "act", not the other way around .... and c) fuck you again for trying to jump on me. What, are you trying to score brownie points again with the in-crowd like you did when you tried to ban me? Only to apologize to me and get spanked by the guy who ran this site? Fuck off you little bitch.

Holy shit you are over reacting

Dam is going to break soon, even if you have a boat/car, it will flip over.

No, im not "pro choice" so we can put that question to rest, and I'm taking this in stride...I think it's pretty clear by your overly defensive, almost seething remarks such as..."fuck you"..."you're a bitch" etc. that somehow the topic turn (unintentional) really got to you. Look at the tone of your comments- making statements that you'd talk to people's face like you do on this forum while you're obviously angry- which says nothing...because your NOT saying it to someone's face. Hence the keyboard "warrior" poke. You took a tongue in cheek joke that I "liked" as serious, apparently too. ...And what's wrong with editing posts?...sometimes I think of a better way to word things- and I don't understand how that always correlates to being wrong, or backpeddling to someone who sees the edit...? I honestly like others' perspective (even yours) and I'm certainly not offended by your opinion...or feel disrespected despite the statement you made about having "no respect, none" for people who identify as pro-choice- I don't take it personally, in fact if I could pass you a beer through the screen...I would

No, im not "pro choice" so we can put that question to rest, and I'm taking this in stride...I think it's pretty clear by your overly defensive, almost seething remarks such as..."fuck you"..."you're a bitch" etc. that somehow the topic turn (unintentional) really got to you. Look at the tone of your comments- making statements that you'd talk to people's face like you do on this forum while you're obviously angry- which says nothing...because your NOT saying it to someone's face. Hence the keyboard "warrior" poke. You took a tongue in cheek joke that I "liked" as serious, apparently too. ...And what's wrong with editing posts?...sometimes I think of a better way to word things- and I don't understand how that always correlates to being wrong, or backpeddling to someone who sees the edit...? I honestly like others' perspective (even yours) and I'm certainly not offended by your opinion...or feel disrespected despite the statement you made about having "no respect, none" for people who identify as pro-choice- I don't take it personally, in fact if I could pass you a beer through the screen...I would

I never said anything is wrong with editing your post, i just wanted to make it clear why i edited and responded to yours since i did not see it during my initial response. And you call me defensive?

Did i call you a bitch? Did i say fuck you to you? Or did i say that to the people who talked shit to me? And if you're not pro choice why the hell would you feel disrespected about that statemnt, even though you said youre not? And the fact that your squeezing in my reples to others here after they cleary dissed me is kind of making me lose respect for you. Anyway, i really dont feel like arguing with you so yeah just pass me that beer.

I think the pro-choice position is fundamentally flawed because it takes an absolutist stance on something that is entwined with science.

Our views (scientifically) of when the fetus goes from a clump of cells to a humanoid life has evolved so much in such a short period of time. It is false to smear the entire pro-life position as right-wing and religious given the advancement of the relevant science, it is no longer a religious debate about souls. Christopher Hitchens was one of the reasons I changed from pro-choice to pro-life in my teens because he made a irreligious argument for it.

There will come a point when the left and atheism in general has to choose between a ideological absolutist position like pro-choice and a scientifically informed position on the fetus and abortion, which by its nature isn't a static one.

Last edited: