The News Thread

Many small primitive communities enjoyed peaceful lives and "freedom" (whatever that might mean in their context). And many had practices that we identify as violent and inhuman. It's illogical to extend the barbaric vision of primitive peoples to all primitive peoples, and it's illogical to say that they were all peaceful communities. I'm not promoting any noble savage vision, and honestly I can't say that postcolonial theory does so either. In fact, postcolonialists are often the first to point out that the noble savage is a myth constructed by Western society, and derives from eighteenth- and nineteenth-century discourses surrounding colonialism (for and against). Orientalism and exoticism were big in nineteenth-century England, and inspired a complex wash of perspectives on foreign civilizations. In many cases, these discourses defended colonized subjects by painting them as natural reflections of Western values. This vision is as delusional as those that perceived all primitive communities as bloodthirsty savages.

But acknowledging that many societies were violent doesn't magically absolve the violence of colonial occupation.

My point is that there is a myopia of focus on particular sins of particular persons, sins conceived as such generally long after the era of analysis (obviously there were contemporary criticisms of slavery and colonialism, but they were marginal rather than celebrated as today). Just as the Aztecs probably left their spectacles of human sacrifice to go home and love their families, so to did Spaniards brutally extract gold from the hills through slave labor and write letters back home lamenting the distance. But one is a curiosity in the history of the Oppressed and the other is Most Vile.

The reality is that, as with anything else, actions involve any number of tradeoffs. The sorts of processes which would drive exploration of the seas drove exploration in other areas as well, and exploration of new physical spaces is probably done by less cautious and conscientious persons. This leads to both the killing of "found" persons as well as providing them schools and medicine. It's a lose-lose situation too: had the Europeans simply "stayed home" all this time, one can easily imagine Leftists pushing a white-mans-burden afresh, like they currently do anyway with calls for global redistribution.

Did really ISIS have hand in it? How do you think?

Probably not, much to the dismay of much of the media.

But they like to try and take credit for all kindsa things that they had no hand in, and people that want to believe that it's true will continue to do so.

The setup was too perfect.

It was a coordinated effort by muslim terrorists and hard lefties.

The man in the hotel room was just their fall guy. Wake up sheeple!

Did really ISIS have hand in it? How do you think?
Probably not, much to the dismay of much of the media.

But they like to try and take credit for all kindsa things that they had no hand in, and people that want to believe that it's true will continue to do so.

Are you two talking about the attack in Canada? If so, he had an ISIS flag in his vehicle.

Are you two talking about the attack in Canada? If so, he had an ISIS flag in his vehicle.

No, Vegas.

And before you get angsty, I wasn't just attacking 'the right'. I hate the way fucktards on both sides immediately jump to conclusions about who mass murderers are.

Do they? Some guy I've never heard of and a bunch of other randos on Twitter. Who gives a shit.

Reactions: CiG
The 2nd Amendment was written 226 years ago. The Founding Fathers didn't write it with the intention of ex-slaves having access to firearms. We need common sense gun laws that prohibit ownership by the demographic most disproportionately affected by gun violence.

The 2nd Amendment was written 226 years ago. The Founding Fathers didn't write it with the intention of ex-slaves having access to firearms. We need common sense gun laws that prohibit ownership by the demographic most disproportionately affected by gun violence.

The more obvious racist response, but of course they miss it.

No, Vegas.

And before you get angsty, I wasn't just attacking 'the right'. I hate the way fucktards on both sides immediately jump to conclusions about who mass murderers are.

Okay.

Anyway, are people saying the shooter was a Muslim or something?

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/915062896798842881

:lol: it's amazing these dudes have so much influence with opinions like these

You need to get away from Twitter. :D

But of course you guys don't want to talk about that because he was a local white guy, and you'd rather keep talking about non-news-related shit. I can imagine the conversation would look very different in here if he was a different color, nationality, or religion, eh? What is this, Ultimate Redneck Forum?
But of course you guys don't want to talk about that because he was a local white guy, and you'd rather keep talking about non-news-related shit. I can imagine the conversation would look very different in here if he was a different color, nationality, or religion, eh? What is this, Ultimate Redneck Forum?

You double post so often, I'm worried about your mental state.

Nobody talks to you about anything actually, because you're incapable of having a conversation, discussion or debate about something.

You're like a propaganda-spewing bot with the personality of a poor man's Seth MacFarlane.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Butt
He's literally here to annoy you guys, he posts no where else... so yeah, I'd imagine he might leave if you quit giving him the time of day.

Reactions: CiG