The News Thread

Like far too much 'news' these days, the blimp bullshit just makes both sides look like a bunch of squawking retards.

Reactions: Dak
Both sides have taken to using extreme descriptors for everything. "[Insert person] SLAMS [insert person/thing], and [Twitter/the Internet] [can't stop talking about it/is having none of it]!"

should've seen how long it took for France's WC victory to be used as the positives for african-muslim immigration :lol: twitter is fucking insane

Both sides have taken to using extreme descriptors for everything. "[Insert person] SLAMS [insert person/thing], and [Twitter/the Internet] [can't stop talking about it/is having none of it]!"

The word that irritates me the most currently is 'outrage'.

They need to put her in the coffin bumbum up otherwise this was a waste.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/07/19/chance-the-rapper-buys-chicagoist?utm_medium=email

"I'm extremely excited to be continuing the work of the Chicagoist, an integral local platform for Chicago news, events and entertainment. WNYC's commitment to finding homes for the -ist brands, including Chicagoist, was an essential part of continuing the legacy and integrity of the site. I look forward to re-launching it and bringing the people of Chicago an independent media outlet focused on amplifying diverse voices and content," he reportedly said in a statement. Or as he rapped in song form, "I bought the Chicagoist just to run you racist bitches out of business."

It would appear that Chance is already getting into the investigative spirit with a set of lyrics directed to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel:

"And Rahm you done I'm expectin' resignation

An open investigation on all of these paid vacations for murderers"

Hope Rahm gets all that's coming to him.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/supervisors-move-ban-workplace-cafeterias/

Two city legislators on Tuesday are expected to announce legislation banning on-site workplace cafeterias in an effort to promote and support local restaurants.

The measure, proposed by Supervisor Ahsha Safai and co-sponsored by Supervisor Aaron Peskin, would adjust zoning laws to ban workplace cafeterias moving forward, but would not be retroactive.

Peskin said the measure, was inspired by tech companies like Twitter and Airbnb, which are widely known to have access to dining in their own buildings, depriving nearby restaurants of the dollars usually spent by nearby workers. The measure has the support of Gwyneth Borden, executive director of the Golden Gate Restaurant Association and other local merchants.

Under the legislation which is expected to be introduced Tuesday, “you can’t have an industrial kitchen in your office building,” Peskin said.

Peskin said the legislation sought to avoid the “Amazon effect that impacts retail and restaurants across the county,” he said. “This is forward thinking legislation.”

Peak Keynesian economics.

I hate these people about as much as I hate child rapists.

My work has a cafeteria and lots of people either pack their lunch or go out to eat anyway. What's next? Packed lunches are banned because it hurts the local economy?

Commiefornia for you

However, a step in the right direction for that state happened too:

https://tribunist.com/news/federal-court-declares-all-americans-have-the-right-to-carry-a-firearm/

“Analyzing the text of the Second Amendment and reviewing the relevant history, including founding-era treatises and nineteenth century case law, the panel stated that it was unpersuaded by the county’s and the state’s argument that the Second Amendment only has force within the home,” the new ruling states.

https://qz.com/1340887/metallica-bases-its-setlist-on-what-fans-listen-to-on-spotify/

A long way from the Napster suit days:

Metallica never plays the same show twice.

The American heavy-metal rock band, whose debut album was released 35 years ago this week, caters its live performances to its fans.

It looks at what audiences are listening to on Spotify in the city it’s playing in, and changes the setlist to include some of the most popular songs in that area, Daniel Ek, Spotify’s CEO, said on his company’s earnings call today.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil