The News Thread

:lol: it almost wasnt metal? The led zeppelin imitation. aahahahahaha

and are you also under the impression that imitation and influence somehow mean the same thing?

I'm very familiar with them since they were one of the bands my father used to listen to and i was handed down their music when i was a fucking child. You on the other hand seem to not know the basics or history of metal and yet here you are posting on a metal forum. It amazes me that clueless fucks(as far as metal goes) like you and ein come to a metal forum and sit on your make belief armchairs here. What, do you get chewed out on other forums so you spend your time pretending in the social section of a metal forum?

and your derision is a credit to your ignorance of both musical history and this board.
not a single person on this planet, let alone this forum would agree with you on such a clueless and moronic statement but sure. Just keep bringing the lulz to GMD, we love it.

Why? What makes it more dangerous than an average firearm?

Rate of fire and difficulty of operation.

A full auto firearm with sustained rate of fire is more likely to jam than a semi auto that doesn't have sustained fire. Should we ban semi autos because they are less likely to jam and, therefore, more effective at killing people? I'm not even taking into account the fact that a barrel can melt if automatic fire is sustained for too long.

Kind of a stupid question if you ask me. Then again if you want to own a gun that jams every time you shoot it, be my guest.

Found another anti-2Aer on the board!

I have over 20 guns in my possession, one of them a handgun in the drawer of my desk. Im not against the 2nd amendment, just against your average crazy having weapons that belong on a battlefield rather than a shooting range.

Define 'military grade mass killing weapons'. Specific examples, not just whatever Vox or HuffPo regurgitate in their articles

lol, I love how you assume im some lefty faggot just because I think some line should be drawn. I already said that im not a gun hobbyist or anything so I dont know specifics. If I were to be vague id say grenade launchers (which probably are already illegal to own), or machine guns that need to be mounted or used on a support tripod because of their power. Honestly I have an AK47 (dont know the detailed specs, sorry) that I inherited from my dad, and id say that it should probably be illegal to own a gun like this.

Need some sauce for that. I did find an article saying that it is safer than cigarettes, but no percentage was given in terms of how safe.

Sure, this is the source ive seen:
article said:
You can also read our peer-reviewed publication Helping Smokers Quit: The Science Behind Tobacco Harm Reduction, which found that vaping was 98 percent safer than noxious cigarette smoke

No it doesn't, but I am of the opinion that self harm is just as bad as or worse than harming others

This is a pretty stupid opinion. How in the possible fuck can self harm be worse than harming others?

He's tsundere. He praises us on other forums. Just an emotional dude with trust-issues and insecurities about his masculinity.
i never praised YOU anywhere so dont lump yourself in with some others here. The one list that you are referring to is all death metal bands, ones that you probably didn't even start listening to until last year or something. Your opinions mean zero to me.

Also i provided you with the pictures that you wanted to clear your confusion, i'm still waiting for a picture of your inbred birth certificate.

i never praised YOU anywhere so dont lump yourself in with some others here. The one list that you are referring to is all death metal bands, ones that you probably didn't even start listening to until last year or something. Your opinions mean zero to me.

Also i provided you with the pictures that you wanted to clear your confusion, i'm still waiting for a picture of your inbred birth certificate.

You used to praise me brah, all those sweet nothings whispered into my ears via PM, how I long for those days again. :(

I hit the 'Like' button in recognition of the photo. Thanks for delivering.

Reactions: Dak
... im glad you noticed babe.

You're dodging the fact that you cant provide any proof that they "imitated Zeppelin" with that album and that it's "barely metal". You cant because it's nonsense.

HBB is the one who tries to provide some sort of breakdown. I'm not interested in doing so. I have no interest in convincing anyone of my music observations/opinions. You're welcome to wallow in your happy ignorance when it comes to music. It has no serious impacts on anything.

I'm sure LZ was an influence on Maiden but I don't really hear it on either of the Di'Anno albums. If anything Bruce was the most LZ-influenced dude in the band, and I think it even rubbed off on his Samson album.

:lol: why are you on a metal forum?

And please ask HBB to break down that statement for you. You're not interested in doing so because you cant, and neither can anyone else.

I didn't say he would break it down or agree. You're amusing in your random extrapolations.

I'm on a metal forum because I like metal and pick up recs. Not to try and generate some status on an internet backbackbackwater.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
@Dak
Here are a few of the responses to your "Maiden are imitating Zeppelin and are barely metal" post

Maybe you should stay in the social forum.

Just remember Dak is literally a groove metal guy.

View attachment 10333

tenor.gif