The News Thread

Why don't you call them semi-automatics like normal gun owners? You are literally the only person I've encountered that calls them that. I didn't even know they were called that until I played Battlefield 1 and learned that's what they were called in the early days.
i call them both, it's just funny that a supposed gun aficionado like you got confused when i said it once. You've never heard anyone refer to them as autoloaders(which btw is the more correct term, again shocked that you dont know this) and you say you wipe the floors in a gun store? I bet whoever hired you would laugh in your face if they see how confused you were. "bubut World War 1" :lol:

Also, do you guys not carry Guns & Ammo and other magz(like the one i linked pics to earlier) in your store? Go educate yourself.

I said I sweep up brass as part of my duties as RSO. That is not the same as mopping floors. Are you really that fucking retarded?

I also never said I'm an aficionado when it comes to guns. That's why I took this job so I could get more knowledge like I indicated in another thread which you apparently didn't read well.

I never dismiss or demean anyone for being "uneducated" or not having gone to college or graduate school, unless they first dismiss or demean me for having done so. I don't view people as inferior or unintelligent because they haven't had significant upper-level education, but I will point out where I think values are coming into play over critical thinking or reflection. That doesn't mean my comments aren't coming from an evaluative position. I'm perfectly aware that my comments and opinions are highly conditioned by my historical experience, but I also take some pride in the time and work by which I've come to this point.

I'm sure you're doing quality work within the discipline. I don't know about you, but I semi-regularly have to parrot things I don't agree with because to do otherwise would be a death sentence. There's data and then there's what I consider SJW bullshit, and psych is rife with it. I'm not going to argue over it, because A. There's a lack of data to support because of the slanted nature of research in the field and B. Even with data it'd be a Pyrrhic victory. However, I don't have group membership issues because I don't consider myself "academia"

At the time of my graduation, I had no academic group to call my own. I had to go through the hassle of applying in order to be accepted into one, which I did not because of the political views but because I enjoy working on literary history and theory. So I don't completely buy into your psychological assessment of me that it was allegiance to academia that swayed me politically.

I think this actually gets at that some. You had your own interests in the material, and I'm not saying the field itself is bad/illegitimate/etc but there's clear statistical and qualitative data that there's no place at the proverbial table in the areas you have interest in, with beliefs or values that you may have had or that I probably have. You can't approach texts outside of the post-modernists and get anywhere....at least that's my observation.

I have values/beliefs that run contrary to the typical beliefs and/or values within the military community, despite considering myself within the group (and literally being within the group). I'm can't directly attack them as a member of that community even from within and even with some standing. Compared to 6-8 years ago, I'll admit to modifying some cognitions in response to increased group identity there. But the previous values/beliefs were what would be considered extreme and new before anyway.

Since being a member of an academic community, I'll certainly acknowledge that my views have intensified. That's something I should watch out for. But I think it's safe to say that, of those who take the time to argue on this forum, everyone's views are intense and entrenched. It isn't an ideal environment for having controlled discussions about political issues.

I think I've evidenced some significant flexibility if you track back to my posts in 08-13 (Ancap, Christianity, etc). I'm probably more entrenched at where I am at now on the things that haven't changed, to be sure.

tenor.gif

GET OFF MY NUTS BRO. DON'T YOU KNOW IM UR BIG ARMENIAN DADDY AND MY ANCESTORS DIED SO I COULD OWN THIS SHITTY REVOLVER FROM THE SPANISH AMERICAN WAR THAT IS SUPERIOR TO AUTOLOADERS.

Dak in GMD

1. Sees yearly Poll threads
2. Embarrasses himself
3. ???
4. repeat

you remember when you said the first Maiden album sounds like Led Zeppelin and everyone laughed at you and told you to come back to the social forum because metal=/=you?

Anyway, you and ozz share the same plebian taste in music so im not surprised here.

TB in UM GMDS

1. See Posts
2. Roid Rage
3. ????
4. Repeat
Dak in GMD

1. Sees yearly Poll threads
2. Embarrasses himself
3. ???
4. repeat

you remember when you said the first Maiden album sounds like Led Zeppelin and everyone laughed at you and told you to come back to the social forum because metal=/=you?

Anyway, you and ozz share the same plebian taste in music so im not surprised here.

:lol:

Reactions: rms

"Plebian"

I know an English rock group in the early-late 70s influencing an English metal group in the late 70s/early 80s is just crazy, but what can ya do.

"influence"? i think you meant "imitation".

Here is your sig worthy post in all of its glory
People rating Iron Maiden high are probably prone to idealizing first works and S/Ts. Iron Maiden was incredibly unpolished, and not in the admirably "raw" way one may describe thrash albums. It almost wasn't even metal. The Led Zeppelin imitation is obvious.

"influence"? i think you meant "imitation".

Here is your sig worthy post in all of its glory

Was a pretty spot on take of that album. You're probably not aware of the level of influence of Led Zeppelin in that era, particularly within the same country. Separately, the in-crowd on this board does tend to fetishize first albums. I stand by its accuracy, and your derision is a credit to your ignorance of both musical history and this board.