The News Thread

"Associates" is incredibly ambiguous. And you haven't provided a list of people or crimes. Maybe your claim is true, but you simply have provided no data to evaluate it.

"Associates" is incredibly ambiguous. And you haven't provided a list of people or crimes.
Actually
It's not really that ambiguous at all
I'm referring to the 6 guys that went to prison for crimes that were actions that helped Donald win the election
Honestly YOU COULD TELL ME their names and exact crimes if you did a fucking Google-search

Do you know who George Pell is?
According to the article
He seems to be a person who was sort of famous before the accusations came out
But I'm an American so I didn't know who the effing hell he was until he got arrested because I don't keep track of people that are not other Americans

Literally no idea who Pell is by the sounds. FYI he was the Vatican treasurer up until recently when he got convicted of paedophilia.

I would have worded that as "he got hidden in the Vatican and took the role of treasurer as an attempt to keep him out of Australian courts".

Reactions: jimmy101
Surprised the Vatican haven't done all that much to get him off the hook thus far. I guess we'll see just how powerful Pell's friends are.

Reactions: Slammed
Actually
It's not really that ambiguous at all
I'm referring to the 6 guys that went to prison for crimes that were actions that helped Donald win the election
Honestly YOU COULD TELL ME their names and exact crimes if you did a fucking Google-search

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

I see one guy went to jail for 14 days, and not for doing stuff specifically for Trump/election, but instead for "lying". So, you're wrong.

Surprised the Vatican haven't done all that much to get him off the hook thus far. I guess we'll see just how powerful Pell's friends are.

I don't know that the church will have the power to stop anything now. You can bet it was their suggestion he finally come back to 'prove his innocence' to ease some of the pressure on the Vatican. They obviously have the money but who is that money going to buy? His own lawyer admitted he was guilty, albeit of a lesser crime than charged with. As much as multiple members of a particular political party are suggesting he is innocent, I can't see them risking their own worthless hides to protect him now by throwing their influence around, not in an election year.

I don't know that the church will have the power to stop anything now. You can bet it was their suggestion he finally come back to 'prove his innocence' to ease some of the pressure on the Vatican. They obviously have the money but who is that money going to buy? His own lawyer admitted he was guilty, albeit of a lesser crime than charged with. As much as multiple members of a particular political party are suggesting he is innocent, I can't see them risking their own worthless hides to protect him now by throwing their influence around, not in an election year.
Perhaps not, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Vatican throws tens of millions at the judges to at least try & get his conviction overturned. You've even got John Howard writing character references in an effort to clear his name, so clearly there are some powerful people working behind the scenes.

Reactions: Slammed
In other news Pakistan & India are both poised for war. Only a couple of days ago the Indian air force completed a bombing mission on Pakistani soil. The Indian senate are also looking to pass a bill which will see all water supply between Pakistan & India cut off.

Pretty fucking worrying considering the nuclear capabilities of both countries.

Perhaps not, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Vatican throws tens of millions at the judges to at least try & get his conviction overturned. You've even got John Howard writing character references in an effort to clear his name, so clearly there are some powerful people working behind the scenes.

I just heard a report that the Vatican are apparently looking into removing his title. If there is truth in that I can't see them wanting to fight to hard to prove his innocence.

You have to take into account Little Johnnie (and trust me I'm not defending that piece of shit) did not write a character reference to 'clear' Pell's name. What he would have written, because it will eventually become part of public record, would be a well worded legal document not mentioning anything to do with the acts he was charged with but about his character and the good things he's done as perceived by a former prime minister. LJ's character reference, and other references, were not even read before the guilty verdict as handed down, his reference might have had some influence on sentencing but not on actually clearing his name.