The News Thread

These 6 guys wouldn't have gotten any charges brought against them at all whatsoever if Trump hadn't made it to being the Republican-party's nominee for the election

Ah, now this is true. You don't want to understand what that means though.

Because of the implication.

Capture-33.png

Reactions: CiG

Right, but... they committed the crimes they're accused of because Trump was the nominee, right? They might not have been charged (hypothetically), but then they also wouldn't have committed the crimes, so that scenario doesn't really make sense.

the proof of sexism and transphobia.
Seriously thought this was shit EVERYONE already knew
You don't remember "grab them by the pussy" the "pussy-hats" Michelle Obama trying to get people to vote "against the mysogynistic guy" none of that ringing a bell??

Trump trying to get transexuals removed from the military

Trump trying to say that post-op transexuals are still the gender they were born as

None of this ringing a bell at all??

Right, but... they committed the crimes they're accused of because Trump was the nominee, right? They might not have been charged (hypothetically), but then they also wouldn't have committed the crimes, so that scenario doesn't really make sense.
You just proved my point that Trump should be in jail

The woman standing next me pointed out that this picture is totally applicable to @Dak because he's been pro-trump In way that doesn't make sense

Dak isn't providing his own argument
He's just saying I'M wrong one post at a time

He's not holding his position by saying Trump should remain president because of (fill in the blank)
He's just merely taking apart my posts one at a time in a way that almost looks like Dak has no fucking clue who the hell Donald Trump actually is
In this specific thread dak's posts almost look like they are written by a bot

Because of the implication.

Capture-33.png
If Trump hadn't become the Republican nominee manafort would have completely gotten away with the crimes that manafort committed 20 years ago that he just now went to prison for
Is this the "implication" you're talking about??
It's just proof that trump is hanging out with criminals, and yet the "guilt by assossiation" thing isn't applicable to presidents??

They committed crimes of lying about stuff and tax evasion that didn't involve the campaign. The implications are what would happen to every advisor for every presidential campaign if everything they did was investigated? The Clintons and Bushes and their associates would be fuuuuuuucked.

Quoting Trump to defend Trump

That's like quoting the Bible to prove the Bible is real

That's not a quote, just the truth. The IRS and other regulatory bodies apparently overlook massive tax fraud all the time, and it takes a national furor for them to get off their asses and comb the paperwork to find it. I mean, this happened to Clinton too; many of his Whitewater associates and similar went to prison for things unrelated to the specific allegations against Clinton, and Clinton of course pardoned them during his last day of office. Same also happened to Reagan with regards to Iran-Contra, iirc.

They committed crimes of lying about stuff and tax evasion that didn't involve the campaign. The implications are what would happen to every advisor for every presidential campaign if everything they did was investigated? The Clintons and Bushes and their associates would be fuuuuuuucked.

That's what I understood you to be implying, I just misunderstood what crimes you were specifying.

There are accusations toward the Trump campaign for crimes that only exist because he was the presidential nominee; so I was pointing out that had he not been the nominee then they might be accused of these crimes... but then they also wouldn't have committed them.

That's not a quote, just the truth. The IRS and other regulatory bodies apparently overlook massive tax fraud all the time

I'd be curious to see where you've read about this.

My wife works in the tax division of a multinational, and she gets annoyed when she hears democrats talk about "tax evasion" in big multinational companies. It's not that such companies are committing fraud or evading taxes in some illegal manner; rather, they have tax experts working for them who know the law inside and out, and know how to manage money so that it's not legally taxable. So there are a lot of cases when it seems that big companies don't pay their fair share, when all they're really doing is very closely following tax law.

I'm not saying you're wrong, for what it's worth; I'm just wondering if what you're describing as them overlooking fraud is actually them being unable to do anything legally. But as I said, I'd like to read more about it, because it's not a topic I'm familiar with.

Reactions: Dak
That's what I understood you to be implying, I just misunderstood what crimes you were specifying.

There are accusations toward the Trump campaign for crimes that only exist because he was the presidential nominee; so I was pointing out that had he not been the nominee then they might be accused of these crimes... but then they also wouldn't have committed them.

It's my understanding the crimes are primarily tax evasion and lying to the counsel. The former would have occurred regardless, but they would have been less likely to be found out (I also have an issue with the special counsel being able to charge people for things that aren't specifically what it was ostensibly convened for: to find "collusion." Very banana republicish). The latter obviously wouldn't have been committed if Trump wasn't the nominee, but also if there wasn't this kangaroo court.