The News Thread

Shame he didn't get his head blown off by a CC.

Edit: he may have done less than Clanton but according to the video he has a long history of problematic behavior unlike Clanton. Doubtful that won't come into play.

If he's a rich kid with a good private lawyer, a lot of his past (none of which involves criminal charges from the sounds of it) can be held off as inadmissible until the sentencing phase. But maybe his parents aren't as rich as Clanton's were. Either way I'd be shocked if he saw more than a year of jail time (in contrast to right-wing assaulters who typically would see closer to a decade, with hate crime additions).

Reactions: CiG
If he's a rich kid with a good private lawyer, a lot of his past (none of which involves criminal charges from the sounds of it) can be held off as inadmissible until the sentencing phase. But maybe his parents aren't as rich as Clanton's were. Either way I'd be shocked if he saw more than a year of jail time (in contrast to right-wing assaulters who typically would see closer to a decade, with hate crime additions).
also
if a jury finds him guilty (as opposed to pleading guilty) then, when the jury sentences him, a good private lawyer can challenge the severity of the sentence without claiming innocence, which should get his punishment reduced down to the minimum possible sentence (most defendants going to jury trial have absolutely no idea that they can do this)

A year?! lmao. He's not going to do any jail time(outside of getting booked for the initial charges) if he has no record of previous battery, assault, etc charges.

A year?! lmao. He's not going to do any jail time(outside of getting booked for the initial charges) if he has no record of previous battery, assault, etc charges.

I'm saying it's politically motivated. The guys that "assaulted" DeAndre Harris all received several years, despite also lacking previous records.

Didnt take that part intro consideration. I bet those guys are all gonna get off with probation and do no time anyway.

edit: i dont think i know about the Deandre Harris thing, i thought you were talking about something else

OK i just watched it and they beat that guy with sticks and poles etc. Big difference when you're using weapons.

"One is human, the other is... not"

lmao. She might be playing it safe to the TV and her local black constituency regarding Obama, but deep down we all know she's the current torchbearer of the anti-globalist movement. Love Ilhan.

"One is human, the other is... not"

lmao. She might be playing it safe to the TV and her local black constituency regarding Obama, but deep down we all know she's the current torchbearer of the anti-globalist movement. Love Ilhan.
I kind of love her too. She's basically Trump in a hijab. They both have the ability to say hilarious and incendiary things, have their respective parties shitting their pants and tripping over themselves trying to put out the fire while they both come out unscathed and smiling. It's admirable, really.