The News Thread

Of course it's important, but that doesn't make them "pro-abortion." I think you're misinterpreting their performed eagerness. At the very least, all you can say is that it's a matter of interpretation.

How do you define pro abortion? Seems clearly that a large chunk of the population treats abortion like a human right , to which I would argue makes them pro abortion

Reactions: CiG and Dak
It’s the right to have an abortion. It’s pro-choice, not pro-abortion. I also believe in people’s right to own firearms, although I’m not pro-shooting people. In cases when it has to be done, it has to be done. But that doesn’t mean people want to do it.

Also, nobody's "pro-abortion."

I beg to differ. You have an entire hashtag dedicated to normalizing and celebrating the practice, called #ShoutYourAbortion. Not sure why anybody would take issue with being called pro-abortion, unless deep down they think it's a dodgy practice or something terrible to be associated with.

What do you call activists who walk around with pro-abortion slogans on their clothes other than pro-abortion?

Reactions: Dak
You can shoot things besides clumps of cells. You can't abort inanimate objects.

It doesn’t matter that guns have more than one use. All that matters is that they can be used to shoot someone.

I beg to differ. You have an entire hashtag dedicated to normalizing and celebrating the practice, called #ShoutYourAbortion. Not sure why anybody would take issue with being called pro-abortion, unless deep down they think it's a dodgy practice or something terrible to be associated with.

I take issue with people thinking I somehow get excited about abortions, i.e. “All women should have an abortion, they’re great!”

What do you call activists who walk around with pro-abortion slogans on their clothes other than pro-abortion?

I call them pro-choice.

Last edited:
That's lazy and ironically rather imprecise in terms of language. There is evidently a not insignificant portion of the pro-choice side who are pro-abortion. It's not just a mass of moderates.

I don’t know what “that’s” is referring to. I think I used pretty clear language.

You don't think anybody is pro-abortion, I give a specific example of activists who are pro-abortion and you call them pro-choice. That's lazy as shit. I guess anybody who doesn't want a total ban on abortion is also pro-choice in this wacky imprecise world you inhabit.

You don't think anybody is pro-abortion, I give a specific example of activists who are pro-abortion and you call them pro-choice. That's lazy as shit. I guess anybody who doesn't want a total ban on abortion is also pro-choice in this wacky imprecise world you inhabit.

You didn’t give me a specific example of anything. You gave me an example of your opinion on something. Got plenty of those.

It does when we're talking about single use vs multiple use.

Or maybe it does when guns can kill both unicorns AND leprechauns.

You didn’t give me a specific example of anything. You gave me an example of your opinion on something. Got plenty of those.

"Activists with pro-abortion slogans" is pretty specific. #ShoutYourAbortion is also pretty specific. Also all you have to do is search on Twitter to see people who self-identify as pro-abortion.

Question; why would people who aren't for a total ban on abortion not be called pro-choice? I'm curious. Am I pro-choice? Is someone who wants all but the first trimester banned pro-choice?