The News Thread

A tl;dr is that attempts by people like myself, you, or Ein to assign deeper meanings or thoughts to the average person regarding their behaviors or expressed opinions is an exercise in being ever more wrong.

So people of lower intelligence have less substantive/complex interior experiences?

I don’t see why it’s not the case that such people use language ineffectively, imprecisely, or inappropriately. Given this, I should think that probing the “deeper meanings” is the only way to be ever more right.

So people of lower intelligence have less substantive/complex interior experiences?

I don’t see why it’s not the case that such people use language ineffectively, imprecisely, or inappropriately. Given this, I should think that probing the “deeper meanings” is the only way to be ever more right.

You're assuming legible depth where, generally speaking, there is little to none. It's absolutely true that the fat middle of the bell curve and to the left will use language ineffectively, imprecisely, or inappropriately. But these errors do not obscure depth.

Then let’s substitute clarity for depth. Their language interferes with the clarity of meaning. That being the case, I think it’s reasonable to interrogate their word choice.

A tl;dr is that attempts by people like myself, you, or Ein to assign deeper meanings or thoughts to the average person regarding their behaviors or expressed opinions is an exercise in being ever more wrong.

I'm not assigning anything to any person. You can find all sorts of articles about women (probably "100 IQ relative retards") explaining why they chose to have abortions in their last trimester, and it's not for no reason, it's often because some severe congenital defect was discovered.

You’re discussing third trimester abortions, which account for a minuscule percentage (I can’t recall the exact number). Maybe the majority of all abortions are for personal (i.e. non-medical) reasons, but most late-term abortions are not. If they were, the patient would have had the abortion well before the third trimester.

Reactions: CiG
<7% of abortions iirc.

Hmmm, to be fair, looking into stats isn't as clear as I thought it was. Looks like you're right in that the majority actually are for elective reasons, so my bad. I'm at home and can't read the details of the studies, but they do say that financial issues (including travel) are a common reason for late-term abortions. Maybe New York and Illinois are trying to open to the Indiana/Ohio/etc customer base. Apparently there are also a lot of women that just don't discover their pregnancy until much later than average. So ultimately while it does seem like the majority of late-term abortions are of viable fetuses, the abortions would have happened much earlier had better access to early-term abortion been available.

Gavin Newsom cucks harder for illegals:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-will-give-health-coverage-to-13964206.php

California will make young undocumented adults eligible for the state’s health care program for the poor and require all residents to carry health insurance under a budget deal unveiled Sunday.

The insurance requirement is similar to a federal mandate eliminated by congressional Republicans under their 2017 tax overhaul. California adults who do not purchase insurance will instead have to pay a penalty — money that will be used to expand subsidies for individuals and families making up to six times the poverty level.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
I'm sure all those sub-minimum wage laborers that don't even pay for car insurance will jump right on board and needlessly buy health insurance when they've always been able to simply go to emergency rooms with minimal financial risk.

I'm going to be so disappointed if a Republican SC justice folds on the census question. California needs a good fucking.

Reactions: Dak
a bullet killed a fucking firefighter
how often does that sentence happen?
like what the fuck??
i could understand a civillian shooting a cop, happens every five fucking min
but a person shooting a firefighter just sounds fucked up all to hell

this is @ArtixMcMahon i hijacked his account to let everyone know that Mr Gay Blurry Tried to blow me brother last night

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/I...is-planning-a-tactical-assault-in-Iran-592832

According to the officials, since Friday, the White House has been holding incessant discussions involving senior military commanders, Pentagon representatives and advisers to President Donald Trump.

The military action under consideration would be an aerial bombardment of an Iranian facility linked to its nuclear program, the officials further claimed.

"The bombing will be massive but will be limited to a specific target," said a Western diplomat.

God Damn It.