The News Thread

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...oking-pot-permanently-lowers-iq/#38045b522f5b

A study more than thirty years in the making found that smoking marijuana permanently lowers intelligence, or IQ. Frequent pot smokers (even those who had given up marijuana) tended to have deficits in memory, concentration, and overall IQ. The reduction in IQ for those who smoked pot heavily prior to age 18 was most pronounced: an average of eight points. An eight point reduction in IQ is enough to have a significant, negative impact upon your life. To put it into context, consider that individuals with an IQ of 110 have an average net worth of $71,000 and individuals with an IQ of 120 have an average net worth of $128,000. It looks like smoking pot can lower your tax bracket.

An 8 point drop is significant.

CNN never ceases to amaze me by how shit they are.

Hm. I assume you're reacting to Trump's name in the title.

Even though there are some obvious similarities between Babiš and Trump - he is a populist billionaire tycoon who won the elections - Trump's name definitely doesn't belong in the title of the news story. It's very misleading. But this is American media for you, they have to draw a comparison to fit the world view of USA.

HOWEVER, Czech leaders sometimes compare themselves to Trump like he's their fucking idol or something. Czech president adores him and calls himself the "czech Trump" and Babiš has even met Trump in the white house. And those are our country's two biggest problems right now. Knowing all three of those politicians quite well, I have to admit the comparison is inadequate.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I was reacting to the interview in the link itself with a British (?) CNN host. Just her slimy tactics rub me the wrong way, even though Babiš is probably a cunt who deserves a good smearing, what she's doing is what CNN does to everyone all the time with seemingly no discretion.

D91SQnEXsAAXU3f.png:large

I would say Gorsuch for fucking President but with our current system he's more effective on the SCOTUS. This man is infinitely better than the US deserve's at this point.

Last edited:
Although the most recent developments have avoided overt "boots-on-the-ground" action, I'm not free of concern. Trump is surrounded by Boltonite neocons, and Iran is goadable. War with Iran only advances Israeli geopolitics, and hurts the US. Shit is standard 4d chess for ADL mFers.

gfff.jpg

The Tweet chain.

Makes me happy how much he's being roasted by all sides. His rhetoric here reminds me of the "muh credibility in the region" lines dropping from every neocon/neolib's asshole the anti-Trump media is shilling right now. Pieces of shit like Sandy Winnefeld.