The News Thread

"Activists with pro-abortion slogans" is pretty specific.

Pro-abortion is the term I take issue with. An article using the phrase doesn’t prove anything.

Abortions can still be allowed without the patient being allowed to choose it, if they’re only allowed in cases of extreme medical emergency and the patient is delirious. Being okay with some abortion circumstances doesn’t automatically translate into pro-choice.

I am PRO abortion. I am FOR abortion. If you are pregnant and do not want to be pregnant, I believe you should actively and without any shame definitely consider abortion. Abortion is not a dirty-bad thing we tolerate as a necessity. Abortion is a valid choice. Always.

this is that chick that comes up in that search and I think this is a sizeable minority that holds this view. They are actively attempting to remove the "shame" from abortions and treat abortions like calling AAA, sometimes it happens!

Pro-abortion is the term I take issue with. An article using the phrase doesn’t prove anything.

at this point you're going to have to be specific on what it entails to be pro-abortion because it seems you're just denying it's humanly possible, outside of some dude running around in the middle of night finding pregnant women and aborting their fetuses.

Reactions: CiG
Removing the shame isn’t the same as saying abortions are preferable to birth even if the fetus is viable and the parent(s) want(s) it.

To me, pro-abortion suggests someone who sees abortion as the preferable option no matter the medical circumstances—i.e. “Given the total choice between birth and abortion, abortion is always the better option.”

She literally referred to herself as pro-abortion and here you are doing mental gymnastics to deny that such people exist. Fucking hell. :lol:

Since you're such a champion of antinatalism's legitimacy as a philosophy, are they not pro-abortion by your extremely narrow and just now cooked up definition "someone who sees abortion as the preferable option no matter the medical circumstances"?

Reactions: Dak
@Einherjar86 Since you're resorting to ridiculous statements regarding terminology on the main hand, I'm going to drop it. On the other, you're correct that late term abortions are a minuscule number of total abortions. So why are super-left legislatures pushing for expanding them? Additionally, it's clear the early-term abortions are done with no interest in the issue of viability, which means that they believe that abortion is "always the better option" in a personal context.

I already said in not so many words that I recognize that there are situations that warrant an abortion. But I'm not sure you believe the opposite.

@Einherjar86 Since you're resorting to ridiculous statements regarding terminology on the main hand, I'm going to drop it. On the other, you're correct that late term abortions are a minuscule number of total abortions. So why are super-left legislatures pushing for expanding them? Additionally, it's clear the early-term abortions are done with no interest in the issue of viability, which means that they believe that abortion is "always the better option" in a personal context.

I already said in not so many words that I recognize that there are situations that warrant an abortion. But I'm not sure you believe the opposite.

Do you think legalizing late term abortions makes pregnant women think "Boy howdy, I was about to get an abortion but now I can procrastinate another 3 months, thank you government!"? New York "expanded" abortions because they recognize that there are a small number of abortions that are desired for those that thought they would carry to term, e.g. risk of health to mother or a severe congenital defect only identifiable late into the pregnancy.

To me, pro-abortion suggests someone who sees abortion as the preferable option no matter the medical circumstances—i.e. “Given the total choice between birth and abortion, abortion is always the better option.”

idk how this isn't anti-babies to you but whatever

Do you think legalizing late term abortions makes pregnant women think "Boy howdy, I was about to get an abortion but now I can procrastinate another 3 months, thank you government!"? New York "expanded" abortions because they recognize that there are a small number of abortions that are desired for those that thought they would carry to term, e.g. risk of health to mother or a severe congenital defect only identifiable late into the pregnancy.

The problem with all of the conversations in this thread is it's all 120-125+ IQ male oddballs trying to actually make rational sense when that is not the reality of the ~100 IQ (female in the case of abortion) people that are actually living the reality. These are relative retards reacting to very low level stimuli in a culture that is completely fucked in the interest of the 1% who have the PFC to manage it all.

The problem with all of the conversations in this thread is it's all 120-125+ IQ male oddballs trying to actually make rational sense when that is not the reality of the ~100 IQ (female in the case of abortion) people that are actually living the reality. These are relative retards reacting to very low level stimuli in a culture that is completely fucked in the interest of the 1% who have the PFC to manage it all.

wtf are you even trying to say here?

She literally referred to herself as pro-abortion and here you are doing mental gymnastics to deny that such people exist. Fucking hell. :lol:

Since you're such a champion of antinatalism's legitimacy as a philosophy, are they not pro-abortion by your extremely narrow and just now cooked up definition "someone who sees abortion as the preferable option no matter the medical circumstances"?

This is 100% correct, I didn't even think about anti-natalists (I was very fucked up last night--Friday, sorry). Yes, I guess they would be pro-abortion. That's an infinitesimal number of people, of course; but you'd be right.

As far as the people in the videos and that you've referenced, I still don't believe they're pro-abortion in the sense that anti-natalists are pro-abortion. I may be taking it upon myself to define their terms for them, which is presumptuous. But then, we're all being presumptuous in this conversation.

The only system of belief in which I would agree that its adherents are pro-abortion are anti-natalists.

Reactions: CiG
@Einherjar86
@Dak

i still believe in the concept of "mandatory abortion"
there's just some situations where an abortion should be mandatory instead of merely an option
incest and rape being the top of the list

@Einherjar86
@Dak

i still believe in the concept of "mandatory abortion"
there's just some situations where an abortion should be mandatory instead of merely an option
incest and rape being the top of the list

Setting incest aside, wouldn't you have to prove that a rape has occurred before this happens, and wouldn't this reality make it pretty impossible to follow this through within the window of legality regarding abortion?

Setting incest aside, wouldn't you have to prove that a rape has occurred before this happens, and wouldn't this reality make it pretty impossible to follow this through within the window of legality regarding abortion?
i meant
a pregnancy from incest being an abortion to prevent recessive-gene defects

the rape situation i've talked about earlier
what i meant was the situation of when a woman goes into a police station visibly pregnant points to her pregnancy-belly and says "this baby is the product of rape" (which actually happens all the fucking time here in Texas)
this specific situation, an abortion needs to be a pre-requisite for a rape conviction
either the man is a father or the man is a rapist, pick one

the rape situation i've talked about earlier
what i meant was the situation of when a woman goes into a police station visibly pregnant points to her pregnancy-belly and says "this baby is the product of rape" (which actually happens all the fucking time here in Texas)
this specific situation, an abortion needs to be a pre-requisite for a rape conviction
either the man is a father or the man is a rapist, pick one

Well, on a point of accuracy, any rapist who impregnates his victim would also then become a father. It's not either or.

To the rest, if a woman knows she's pregnant via a rape she could have an abortion within the same window of time as any other woman getting an abortion. Are you suggesting that even a late term abortion should be legal (or you even say mandatory) if it's a product of rape?