The News Thread

The narrative, from both the neoliberals and the actual left, seems to be that the protests are totally peaceful on the part of blacks but that white undercover cops and other assorted fascists have infiltrated and are responsible for all the damage.

Glorious propaganda I agree, a shame you fell for it so easily. He wasn't calling some young woman a "THUG" he was referring to the looting that had already started. (Rioting and looting during a pandemic, mind you.)

Not sure how the events are even comparable.

Shame you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Shame you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Armed citizens demanding their elected officials re-open their local economy isn't comparable to a protest that devolves into a riot complete with looting and fires. What the fuck are you on about mate? A shitload of the Lansing protesters were old too, they're so different it's just ridiculous to compare them.

The "THUGS" Tweet is being treated as if he made it when the Floyd protests were still peaceful, he made that after looting had started smh.

Trump even said the looters were shitting on the victim's memory lmao. Just stop already. We get it, you read Vox. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
America is at risk of becoming a failed state right now. Most of our institutions are a complete mess and the COVID crisis has just exasperated their problems. The string of murders of black citizens, in conjunction with a botched COVID response, a massive corporate giveaway (talk about looting), and record unemployment is the perfect storm. Add in a totally polarized populous and you have a power-keg. People are done. You can only kick people in the mouth so many times before they kick back. And frankly, we can argue the about morality of violent protests, but peacefully protesting wasn't working and voting doesn't do shit when both parties are bought. What other resort to people have? Suck it up and take it? People will only do that for so long. Moreover, the protests might have worked, as Chauvin was actually arrested and charged with murder today.

But this is just the start. Just wait until the rent and mortgage freeze is lifted and there's record homelessness. Then we have the election coming up in November, which is likely to result in riots regardless of which corporate shill from the nursing home wins. Add in the risk of a possible second wave of COVID and this country is on the ropes.

Oh, and Roberts just sided with the four leftist judges saying that it's constitutional for California to issue occupancy limits specific to churches. Holy fuck this country is fucked.

lol, that's what i said when i voted for him in 2016(not that my vote in California even matters). But hey, better him there than one of the poisonous lefties.

Yeah but half of it is because he's accelerating the collapse so quickly. Democrats have no problems putting down riots and calling vandals thugs when they're in power. Republicans exist to amplify the left and serve as a target for the most vile and radical communists to speak out. The other half is judicial appointments, and RBG cannot die soon enough.