The News Thread

Anything?

Yeah I have shit to say.

I'll start by saying that it's more likely for an unarmed black man in the U.S. to be murdered by the police than an armed white man. That's called racism.

The assholes in Michigan screamed in policemen's faces, but suffered no retribution. That's good police work; it's called staying calm under pressure. But what happens when black people in Minneapolis start shouting and acting all rowdy and thuggish? The police don the riot gear and start firing tear gas.

It's unclear what started first--whether the rioters acted before the police came out in force, prepared for war. You/TB/HBB are all assuming it's cut and dry that the riot gear didn't come out until after the first lootings, but that actually hasn't been established.

Finally, the assholes in Michigan were upset because they didn't want to wear masks in public. The people in Minneapolis were protesting because a white asshole killed an unarmed black man. African Americans have been peacefully protesting for decades, and what good has it done for them? MLK called rioting the language of the unheard.

This is way more complicated than what crimes one group committed first, and it certainly has to do with race.

Do with that what you will.

Yeah I have shit to say.
I'll start by saying that it's more likely for an unarmed black man in the U.S. to be murdered by the police than an armed white man. That's called racism.
i'll start by saying that its more likely for a white man to be murdered by the police than a black man. That's called stats and facts.

You/TB/HBB are all assuming it's cut and dry that the riot gear didn't come out until after the first lootings, but that actually hasn't been established.
i made zero comments on when or why the "riot gear came out". It's called "reading". ;)

MLK called rioting the language of the unheard.
i was wondering when you were going to continue with your signature regurgitation. Was it before or after you visited your twitter feed? :lol: MLK would have never burned down or looted anyone's property. But im glad you're repeating what currently seems to be the most viral quote in your little echo chamber. I love it.

Reactions: CiG

That's dumb, lacks any kind of contextual information, only serves as a propagandistic meme.

The assholes in Michigan screamed in policemen's faces, but suffered no retribution. That's good police work; it's called staying calm under pressure. But what happens when black people in Minneapolis start shouting and acting all rowdy and thuggish? The police don the riot gear and start firing tear gas.

Right because no black protesters or people protesting for a #BLM cause ever shouted in a cop's face and nothing happened. :rolleyes:

It's unclear what started first--whether the rioters acted before the police came out in force, prepared for war. You/TB/HBB are all assuming it's cut and dry that the riot gear didn't come out until after the first lootings, but that actually hasn't been established.

I don't think anybody said that. The Floyd protests even when they were still peaceful were much larger than the Lansing protests which was relatively small. It would make 1000% sense for police to get into their riot gear before anything happened, makes perfect sense to me to prepare especially considering the average age and gender of the Floyd protesters and the central anti-police agenda (as opposed to Michigan which was anti-lockdown and anti-governer).

Finally, the assholes in Michigan were upset because they didn't want to wear masks in public. The people in Minneapolis were protesting because a white asshole killed an unarmed black man. African Americans have been peacefully protesting for decades, and what good has it done for them? MLK called rioting the language of the unheard.

You slimy piece of dogshit you know that's not what the Michigan protest was about, they were protesting lockdown restrictions, closed businesses, stay-at-home orders and so on. At least be fucking honest if you're going to bother replying to me.

i'll start by saying that its more likely for a white person to be killed be murdered by the police than a black man. That's called stats and facts.

That's actually not true. You're misreading your "stats and facts." So, there's that.

i made zero comments on when or why the "riot gear came out". It's called "reading". ;)

Glad you've heard of it. Maybe you could try reading something other than Breitbart and bullshit.

i was wondering when you were going to continue with your signature regurgitation. Was it before or after you visited your twitter feed? :lol: MLK would have never burned down or looted anyone's property.

Unfortunately he was killed by a white dude. So I guess we'll never know.

That's dumb, lacks any kind of contextual information, only serves as a propagandistic meme.

So look it up and read about it, if you're so doubtful. As far as I can tell, you're confident in your own common sense and TB's anecdotal evidence. Real convincing.

Right because no black protesters or people protesting for a #BLM cause never shouted in a cop's face and nothing happened. :rolleyes:

It's probably happened; but your error here is assuming it happening once, or even more than once, somehow disqualifies my suggestion.
I don't think anybody said that. The Floyd protests even when they were still peaceful were much larger than the Lansing protests which was relatively small. It would make 1000% sense for police to get into their riot gear before anything happened, makes perfect sense to me to prepare especially considering the average age and gender of the Floyd protesters and the central anti-police agenda (as opposed to Michigan which was anti-lockdown and anti-governer).

Pretty sure HBB said/suggested it when he asked what crimes the Michigan protestors committed before the Minnesota ones--the suggestion being that they were rioting before the police got aggressive.

You slimy piece of dogshit you know that's not what the Michigan protest was about, they were protesting lockdown restrictions, closed businesses, stay-at-home orders and so on. At least be fucking honest if you're going to bother replying to me.

I'm sorry, you're right. Those honest, hardworking patriots just wanted to go visit their home and garden stores without masks. And yes, this is what it was about. My wife is from Michigan; you know, the one who's had all the abortions, as per TB? Her mother actually told her that people are upset they could go to the home and fucking garden stores. And yes, it was about masks. Fucking conspiracy theorist jackasses think there's no virus and they don't need to wear masks.

Don't be part of problem by presenting what they did as "patriotic." If you think BLM protests are stupid, then the people in Michigan were abysmally moronic.

Yeah I have shit to say.

This is way more complicated than what crimes one group committed first, and it certainly has to do with race.

Do with that what you will.

It's not though. Even the NYT has admitted that police arrests and shootings of whites vs blacks fall along the same proportions of whites vs blacks committing violence against the police.

Free speech is free speech, whether a political gathering takes place about quarantine or cop power abuse is irrelevant.

Pretty sure HBB said/suggested it when he asked what crimes the Michigan protestors committed before the Minnesota ones--the suggestion being that they were rioting before the police got aggressive.

They were burning buildings while CNN reported everything was fine and peaceful right behind them. Until CNN HQ itself got attacked when suddenly it was Nazis and Russians working together that were responsible. :lol:

So look it up and read about it, if you're so doubtful. As far as I can tell, you're confident in your own common sense and TB's anecdotal evidence. Real convincing.

What? I said it lacks any context. Being labelled as unarmed says nothing about what you were doing while being arrested. Killing a black man who is unarmed and not killing a white man who is armed proves nothing about racism.

It's probably happened; but your error here is assuming it happening once, or even more than once, somehow disqualifies my suggestion.

Shouting in a cop's face =/= acting rowdy and thuggish. You're trying to conflate what happened in Minneapolis with shouting in a cop's face, that's asinine dude.

I'm sorry, you're right. Those honest, hardworking patriots just wanted to go visit their home and garden stores without masks. And yes, this is what it was about. My wife is from Michigan; you know, the one who's had all the abortions, as per TB? Her mother actually told her that people are upset they could go to the home and fucking garden stores. And yes, it was about masks. Fucking conspiracy theorist jackasses think there's no virus and they don't need to wear masks.

Don't be part of problem by presenting what they did as "patriotic." If you think BLM protests are stupid, then the people in Michigan were abysmally moronic.

I don't agree with the lockdown protests, in fact I have more sympathy for the people protesting for Floyd, when the hell did I say anything about patriotism? Honestly have you had a meltdown recently? You seem different to me. I don't care what your mother-in-law said either. They were lockdown protesters, not mask protesters, you're reducing it to masks to make your shitty point when you don't need to and it makes you look ridiculous.

That's actually not true.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
source.gif

Unfortunately he was killed by a white dude. So I guess we'll never know.
unfortunately there are more white people killed by black people than the other way around... even though there are far less black people in this country. Or is this another fact that; you're refusing to acknowledge? :lol:

Your source only looks at proportions relative to total population. It ignores the 13/50 rule.

The source is the NAS. I don't know what the 13/50 rule is. You can explain your reasoning, but just saying it ignores a "rule" doesn't convince me you know what you're talking about more than the NAS.

What? I said it lacks any context. Being labelled as unarmed says nothing about what you were doing while being arrested. Killing a black man who is unarmed and not killing a white man who is armed proves nothing about racism.

What do you think "context" means? Maybe you should be clearer.

Shouting in a cop's face =/= acting rowdy and thuggish. You're trying to conflate what happened in Minneapolis with shouting in a cop's face, that's asinine dude.

It's not asinine if you take a step back and think about this in the context of racial history in America. I don't mean to sound dismissive, but you're not American. You don't know what it's like for black Americans here. I have a feeling you probably think TB's right that I don't know what it's like for blacks in America, but I actually do have black friends/colleagues.

I don't agree with the lockdown protests, in fact I have more sympathy for the people protesting for Floyd, when the hell did I say anything about patriotism? Honestly have you had a meltdown recently? You seem different to me. I don't care what your mother-in-law said either. They were lockdown protesters, not mask protesters, you're reducing it to masks to make your shitty point when you don't need to and it makes you look ridiculous.

You're making assumptions to make your shitty point, and it makes you look ridiculous.

I'll talk about movies and music to the end of time with you man, but when it comes to this shit I think you're way too uncritical in your views.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
source.gif

unfortunately there are more white people killed by black people than the other way around... even though there are far less black people in this country. Or is this another fact that; you're refusing to acknowledge? :lol:

It speaks!

Unfortunately there is a greater percentage of black people killed than white people. Or is that another fact you're refusing to acknowledge? :D

source.gif

Unfortunately there is a greater percentage of black people killed than white people. Or is that another fact you're refusing to acknowledge? :D
haha the slimeball and his usual goalshifting tactics. Cops kill more white people. That is a fact. Now you're talking about who gets killed more? You do realize most black victims die at the hands of other black men right?

Here is another fact for that loose ass ..
About 15.8 percent of white victims were killed by blacks last year, and 8.6 percent of black victims were killed by whites.

.... but dem stats :lol:

more facts. The united states is what 70-75% white? Yet blacks account for about 50% of the murders this country sees almost every year. bubutbut dem stats doe :lol:

giphy.gif

What do you think "context" means? Maybe you should be clearer.

You said the fact that you're more likely to be shot by cops as an unarmed black man vs an armed white man = racism. I'm saying that fails to consider case-by-case details.

It's not asinine if you take a step back and think about this in the context of racial history in America. I don't mean to sound dismissive, but you're not American. You don't know what it's like for black Americans here. I have a feeling you probably think TB's right that I don't know what it's like for blacks in America, but I actually do have black friends/colleagues.

I think only a black American knows what it's like to be black in America, and I also think there is no such thing as a universal experience based on race in America today. This is precisely why you have blacks identifying with all different kinds of movements, ideologies, worldviews, religions and so on. To try and say you understand the black American experience better than I do because you have black friends is just honestly kind of bizarre.

You're making assumptions to make your shitty point, and it makes you look ridiculous.

I'll talk about movies and music to the end of time with you man, but when it comes to this shit I think you're way too uncritical in your views.

In what way am I being uncritical? You literally just assumed I think the Michigan protesters were patriotic heroes or some shit based on as far as I can tell, nothing I've said at all. You're the uncritical one here. I've already stated that I disagree with the Michigan protesters' cause and have more sympathy for the Floyd cause, meanwhile you're just spewing a bunch of typical Maher-esque rhetoric against them while acting as if they were as aggressive as the Floyd protests which eventually became a clusterfuck of fires being started, stores being looted and streets being vandalized.

I'm not the kind to huff my own farts but I'm way less uncritical than you, especially lately. Not sure what's going on with you, anyway I'm going to tap out. I don't like how these things always devolve into a dogpile because you're the only one willing to speak up in here.

You're one of the most biased motherfuckers I've ever met, dude. :lol:
there is not a bias bone in my body. I go by what i think is right. I dont belong to any group and never will. That's for sheep like you.

EDIT: sorry, I guess I haven't "met" you. And I definitely don't want to
yea, it wouldn't be good for your health. I would stomp people like you who are afraid of their own shadows and use the internet to say things to others that they would never say in person.

The source is the NAS. I don't know what the 13/50 rule is. You can explain your reasoning, but just saying it ignores a "rule" doesn't convince me you know what you're talking about more than the NAS.

The paper published in PNAS that you're citing makes no effort to look into why it is that way. It simply includes a few figures showing basic death rate statistics. Additionally, it uses the term 'Latinx' which means that it was probably pozzed communists that wrote it.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/116/34/16793.full.pdf

By contrast, a different paper (conveniently also published in PNAS) looks at various other factors and finds that the variable with the greatest odds-ratio correlated to cop killings of people X is that of the violent crime rate of people X in the area. In other words, when blacks commit disproportionate amounts of crime (roughly 50% of murders are committed by blacks, who make up 13% of the population), cops are more likely to shoot and kill blacks.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/116/32/15877.full.pdf

there is not a bias bone in my body. I go by what i think is right. I dont belong to any group and never will. That's for sheep like you.

omg this is so rich.

And it's "biased" bone. You're an idiot and you don't know wordz.

Or maybe you're coining a new phrase, the "bias bone." Get on that shit man, might be your key to success: appealing to masculine brainlets with tiny dicks.

yea, it wouldn't be good for your health. I would stomp people like you who are afraid of their own shadows and use the internet to say things to others that they would never say in person.

Because beating someone up = winning an argument.

You're a gem.

You said the fact that you're more likely to be shot by cops as an unarmed black man vs an armed white man = racism. I'm saying that fails to consider case-by-case details.

I think only a black American knows what it's like to be black in America, and I also think there is no such thing as a universal experience based on race in America today. This is precisely why you have blacks identifying with all different kinds of movements, ideologies, worldviews, religions and so on. To try and say you understand the black American experience better than I do because you have black friends is just honestly kind of bizarre.

This is much clearer.

So often, people appeal to blacks who support Trump, who vote republican, who attend KKK rallies (it's true), etc. You're right, my black friends don't give me a full picture; and there are weird exceptions to everything.

But better than your exceptions are people who've told me stories and whose perspectives open onto a connected racial history in this country. You've read about idiosyncrasies, but you haven't talked to people. Racism in America doesn't reduce to individual experiences. You have to connect experiences to history and, as you say, context. Small-scale contexts aren't unimportant, but they still take place within a larger context--that of this country's history with racism. And those individual contexts link back to personal histories and experiences.

I don't mean to discount any single black person's experience, but it's not enough to disprove the lingering systemic gravity of racism literally written into our legal and judicial history.

In what way am I being uncritical? You literally just assumed I think the Michigan protesters were patriotic heroes or some shit based on as far as I can tell, nothing I've said at all. You're the uncritical one here. I've already stated that I disagree with the Michigan protesters' cause and have more sympathy for the Floyd cause, meanwhile you're just spewing a bunch of typical Maher-esque rhetoric against them while acting as if they were as aggressive as the Floyd protests which eventually became a clusterfuck of fires being started, stores being looted and streets being vandalized.

I'm not the kind to huff my own farts but I'm way less uncritical than you, especially lately. Not sure what's going on with you, anyway I'm going to tap out. I don't like how these things always devolve into a dogpile because you're the only one willing to speak up in here.

I don't think you're willing to recontextualize. You talk about context, but you're actually not being critical in doing so; you're relieving yourself of the responsibility to think about how context is never stable and isolated, but connected to a larger context. You can always expand the frame. You seem unwilling to do this.

So I'm sorry if you take offense, but you're making it easier for yourself by limiting your frame of reference.

pozzed communists

Stopped reading.

By contrast, a different paper (conveniently also published in PNAS) looks at various other factors and finds that the variable with the greatest odds-ratio correlated to cop killings of people X is that of the violent crime rate of people X in the area. In other words, when blacks commit disproportionate amounts of crime (roughly 50% of murders are committed by blacks, who make up 13% of the population), cops are more likely to shoot and kill blacks.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/116/32/15877.full.pdf

Just kidding.

But seriously, so you're acknowledging that blacks are more likely to be killed by cops?

Think about how this translates for all black Americans. It doesn't matter whether they've committed a crime (or violent crime); they know cops see them as liable to have committed a crime, and are more likely to use deadly force.

So I say again: racism.