The News Thread

Kaepernick caused a lot of backlash with stuff like wearing cop/pig socks on the field tbh. Also wasn't the main complaint that he was protesting while technically on the job?

Yeah but Olympics athletes have made protests going at least back to the 1960s. The very institution of our sports organizations are so connected to the government and propaganda purposes anyways. Hell, Gerald Ford's first brush with politics was in state college football, where he was the star quarterback and he refused to play for his team unless they reversed an action that prevented his black friend from playing with him. I don't think any organization with any substantial public support should have the right to shut down calm political expression.

It's not, but you were just making the argument that...

"Well, I'm black and being pulled over for a speeding violation, I had better use deadly force"

...is a normal thought process for blacks (or anyone for that matter). It's not. If it was, the numbers wouldn't be 1 in 1000 young black males shot by cops, it would be far far higher.

That’s not what I was arguing. I was saying that the disproportionate violence against blacks by police gives rise to a sense among black people that they’re at greater risk of police violence (and statistically speaking, they are).

So many/most black people feel anxiety in the presence of police that most white people don’t. This is all part of how racism works. We have the privilege of being calm and judicious with the police, whereas African Americans have to labor under an umbrella of fear.

Yeah but Olympics athletes have made protests going at least back to the 1960s. The very institution of our sports organizations are so connected to the government and propaganda purposes anyways. Hell, Gerald Ford's first brush with politics was in state college football, where he was the star quarterback and he refused to play for his team unless they reversed an action that prevented his black friend from playing with him. I don't think any organization with any substantial public support should have the right to shut down calm political expression.

Fair enough.

you're implying that MLK would be okay with burning down peoples property and stealing shit and was for violence? bahahahaha man what a smooth-brained ignarant bastard you are

Here are some quotes form the man himself...

Nonviolence is not sterile passivity, but a powerful moral force which makes for social transformation.(1946)

As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline, using only the weapon of love. Let no man pull you so low as to hate him. Always avoid violence. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in your struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.(1956)

We believe in law and order. We are not advocating violence. We want to love our enemies. If I am stopped, our work will not stop, for what we are doing is right.
- 1956, in Montgomery, Alabama

A fifth point concerning nonviolent resistance is that it avoids not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. The nonviolent resister not only refuses to shoot his opponent but he also refuses to hate him. (1958)

We did not hesitate to call our movement an army. But it was a special army, with no supplies but its sincerity, no uniform but its determination, no arsenal except its faith, no currency but its conscience. (1963)

Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
- Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, 1964

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. Indeed, it is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it.
- Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, 1964

One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal. We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means

tenor.gif

i grew up on Washington Blvd in Pasadena, CA. Ask a few of your imaginary black friends and they might tell you a thing or two about the area

John Muir High School .... racial makeup 72% hispanic, 23% black, 1% white, 3% other....
https://www.publicschoolreview.com/john-muir-high-school-profile

giphy.gif

Dude, come on. Use those superb critical thinking skills.

None of what you just quoted contradicts what I shared. C’mon. Come onnnnnnn...

So many/most black people feel anxiety in the presence of police that most white people don’t.

So many *criminals(regardless of race) feel anxiety in the presence of police. If you actually lived in the real world instead of progressive echo chambers on the internet you would have known this.

This is all part of how racism works.
95% of your posts are pretty much the definition of how modern day racism works.

That’s not what I was arguing. I was saying that the disproportionate violence against blacks by police gives rise to a sense among black people that they’re at greater risk of police violence (and statistically speaking, they are).

So many/most black people feel anxiety in the presence of police that most white people don’t. This is all part of how racism works. We have the privilege of being calm and judicious with the police, whereas African Americans have to labor under an umbrella of fear.

How much of that anxiety is due to a news media that may as well claim that cops as the lead cause of death of blacks? This isn't Sundown Town 1950s Birmingham anymore.

Reactions: CiG
Dude, come on. Use those superb critical thinking skills.

None of what you just quoted contradicts what I shared. C’mon. Come onnnnnnn...
it's rather simple ... you're defending people committing theft, destruction of property and acts of violence, and using a trending MLK quote from twitter as some kind of validation for wahts going on when i just threw about a dozen quotes at you that prove the man would have never stood for whats going on right now. He was a part of numerous protests and not one of them involved burning cities to the ground, looting stores and beating the shit out of others. Stop using the mans name to push your agendas. I know its a part of how you slimeballs operate ... but its pretty damn disgusting.

Reactions: Sophii
So many *criminals(regardless of race) feel anxiety in the presence of police. If you actually lived in the real world instead of progressive echo chambers on the internet you would have known this.

So you assume they’re all criminals. It allllll becomes clear...

95% of your posts are pretty much the definition of how modern day racism works.

100% of your posts are the definition of stupidity. You’re a sad child playing adult.

How much of that anxiety is due to a news media that may as well claim that cops as the lead cause of death of blacks?

Not as much as you probably want to think.

And I’ve met cops who wish there were still sundown laws; I was raised in the boonies.

But that’s anecdotal evidence.

it's rather simple ... you're defending people committing theft, destruction of property and acts of violence, and using a trending MLK quote from twitter as some kind of validation for wahts going on when i just threw about a dozen quotes at you that prove the man would have never stood for whats going on right now. He was a part of numerous protests and not one of them involved burning cities to the ground, looting stores and beating the shit out of others. Stop using the mans name to push your agendas. I know its a part of how you slimeballs operate ... but its pretty damn disgusting.

So what are your thoughts about his comment on rioting? Or didn’t you “read” that?

So you assume they’re all criminals. It allllll becomes clear...

yea that's what i said:rolleyes: signature slimeball move lmao. not surprised one bit.

You assuming that alllllll black people are afraid of cops shows how disconnected from the real world you are. fucking bigot.

100% of your posts are the definition of stupidity. You’re a sad child playing adult.
the cries of defeat :lol: i love it. one day you will leave your little gated community and walk into the real world and realize just how hilariously dumb most of your posts on this forum were. Just make sure to remember me when that happens...
brad-pitt-kiss-new.gif

Funny thing, I've found exactly two videos of gunfire, and in both cases the subhumans scattered immediately. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Didn't work out so well for the boomer that tried taking on a mob with a sporting bow.

Reactions: CiG