The News Thread

bla bla bla ... all i hear is crying and whining from a bitch who has been proven wrong again and again

tenor.gif

You've read about idiosyncrasies, but you haven't talked to people.
omg this is so rich.
giphy.gif

You pretending that im the one who's "read about things" and not the one with actual experience with what goes on in the streets and the real world. Lmfao, truly gold. And please, lets not pretend you have any black friends, or ones who arent upper class at least. You cant lie to me. I see straight through bitches like you.

Stopped reading.

Just kidding.

But seriously, so you're acknowledging that blacks are more likely to be killed by cops?

Think about how this translates for all black Americans. It doesn't matter whether they've committed a crime (or violent crime); they know cops see them as liable to have committed a crime, and are more likely to use deadly force.

So I say again: racism.

Of course I acknowledge it. If blacks were being killed by cops proportionately to their percentage of the population, that would indicate severe anti-white racism. Blacks are more likely to commit homicide and other violent crimes: it should be expected that they are going to be more likely as a percentage of the population to be killed by cops as a result.

No, it definitely matters if they've committed a crime, and particularly a violent crime. While it is obviously true that some blacks are killed by cops for non-crimes (like the black Dallas woman who was killed in her own house by a cop from outside), and while that may be due to police bias/prejudice/fear of blacks, we're now talking about a tiny percentage of cop shootings, which in turn make up an even smaller percentage of total causes of death of blacks. No non-criminal black person with a functioning brain thinks "Well, I'm black and being pulled over for a speeding violation, I had better use deadly force".

Reactions: CiG
It's true.

You assume that if a black person who's committed no crime is pulled over, they have nothing to worry about. That's a bold assumption. Most of them won't act aggressively because they're terrified the cop is already out to get them.

It's true.

You assume that if a black person who's committed no crime is pulled over, they have nothing to worry about. That's a bold assumption. Most of them won't act aggressively because they're terrified the cop is already out to get them.

For a hypothetical black person being pulled over for a traffic violation, I can imagine the following thoughts in his head:

"Damn, a cop, I better be extra-polite and respectful because they have a bias against me, I really don't want a ticket or any problems"

or

"Fucking cops, he pulled me over because I'm black, I'll give him a piece of my mind"

And I'll even admit that those thoughts might be justified, particularly in certain parts of the country. Certainly cops have been caught profiling blacks in routine traffic stops and/or giving their good ole boys special privileges.

What I do not imagine is

"Oh my God I'm going to die, I am so afraid, I am crying, please God let me survive this encounter, I beg of you" :lol:

The media plays a role in this blanket of fear, if it exists. Treating a tiny % of innocent black deaths via cops like an inevitable outcome by dint of skin colour is fearmongering. A blanket of fear for a black dude passing another black dude is more justified if we're going strictly by statistics and likelihoods.

It's extremely telling that you think this

is incompatible with this

It's not, but you were just making the argument that...

"Well, I'm black and being pulled over for a speeding violation, I had better use deadly force"

...is a normal thought process for blacks (or anyone for that matter). It's not. If it was, the numbers wouldn't be 1 in 1000 young black males shot by cops, it would be far far higher.

MLK would have never burned down or looted anyone's property.

Trying "reading":

Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention

fwiw I've said here previously that the anti-Kaepernick sentiment was weird and probably a product of racial bias. I support his right to free expression, same as I do that Patriots guy who received some (though admittedly far less) shit over praying during a game. I also don't have any problem with BLM protesting peacefully about anti-black racism, even though I think a lot of their arguments are kinda bullshit. I don't even have a problem with violent protest/terrorism intrinsically, but when it's used to destroy random property and trivialize property rights, that's an issue. I'm more of a John Brown/Timothy McVeigh/Micah Johnson kind of fan. Violence should be used against the violent. If it devolves into indiscriminate chaos, or discriminate chaos against groups, then it needs to be shut down immediately.

Trying "reading":
you're implying that MLK would be okay with burning down peoples property and stealing shit and was for violence? bahahahaha man what a smooth-brained ignarant bastard you are

Here are some quotes form the man himself...

Nonviolence is not sterile passivity, but a powerful moral force which makes for social transformation.(1946)

As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline, using only the weapon of love. Let no man pull you so low as to hate him. Always avoid violence. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in your struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.(1956)

We believe in law and order. We are not advocating violence. We want to love our enemies. If I am stopped, our work will not stop, for what we are doing is right.
- 1956, in Montgomery, Alabama

A fifth point concerning nonviolent resistance is that it avoids not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. The nonviolent resister not only refuses to shoot his opponent but he also refuses to hate him. (1958)

We did not hesitate to call our movement an army. But it was a special army, with no supplies but its sincerity, no uniform but its determination, no arsenal except its faith, no currency but its conscience. (1963)

Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
- Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, 1964

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. Indeed, it is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it.
- Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Stockholm, Sweden, 1964

One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal. We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means

tenor.gif

And this is the guy who says he knows black people. I'm starting to think you don't know any black people at all.

i grew up on Washington Blvd in Pasadena, CA. Ask a few of your imaginary black friends and they might tell you a thing or two about the area

John Muir High School .... racial makeup 72% hispanic, 23% black, 1% white, 3% other....
https://www.publicschoolreview.com/john-muir-high-school-profile

giphy.gif