The News Thread

Speaking of political theater...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06...elp-china/?s_campaign=breakingnews:newsletter

In the months following the summit, Bolton described Trump’s inordinate interest in Pompeo delivering an autographed copy of Elton John’s ‘'Rocket Man'' CD to Kim during Pompeo’s follow on visit to North Korea. Trump originally used the term ‘'Rocket Man'' to criticize the North Korean leader but subsequently tried to convince Kim that it was a term of affection.

‘'Trump didn’t seem to realize Pompeo hadn’t actually seen Kim Jong Un [during the trip], asking if Pompeo had handed'' the CD, wrote Bolton. ‘'Pompeo had not. Getting this CD to Kim remained a high priority for several months.‘'

Doesn't matter if it's all true, it won't change those who love Trump for precisely these reasons. But if even half of it is true... :rofl: This has been the most entertainingly stupid presidency of my lifetime.

Apparently there are mass walk-outs of police officers all over the U.S. (especially Atlanta) and hundreds of calls are going unanswered and unreported because there aren't enough to take care of it all. Officials are doing damage control but all over Twitter people are saying they're monitoring call centers and radars and tons of calls are getting Code 12's which means unreported due to no officers available. Kind of insane to witness this all going down.

popcorn.gif

The LAPD announced a few days ago that they maxed out their overtime pay($40 million) and will be replacing it with comp time. Lot of cops are pissed off.

Funny thing is one of the BLM lezzie leaders came out and declared it as some kind of victory for their "defund the police" campaign.

Reactions: CiG
PQNw9LQ.jpg

Pieces like this remind me that Vox actually does publish unbiased, well-researched material:

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/18/21293784/alex-vitale-end-of-policing-review

Vitale’s main thesis is that, historically and causally speaking, the main origins of police forces were as instruments of social control more than public safety, reflecting various kinds of elite fears about urban working classes, immigrants, and runaway enslaved people. And he sees the problems with policing as too deeply ingrained to be combated with reform.

“The origins and function of the police are intimately tied to the management of inequalities of race and class,” he writes, and “a kinder, gentler, and more diverse war on the poor is still a war on the poor.” He says that “any real agenda for police reform must replace police with empowered communities working to solve their own problems.”

And while the book sketches out some convincing areas in which we could get by with less policing and some promising ideas for social programs that might be more useful instead, you will not find a detailed vision of what those empowered communities are going to do about violent crime. This somewhat cavalier attitude to how we would deal with violent crime in a post-police world is driven by Vitale’s intense skepticism that status quo policing is doing anything to reduce crime. But he doesn’t provide evidence for this proposition.

conservatives to proclaim "But what about history!" They don't really care all that much for the statues themselves. I mean, does anyone?
oh shit, conservatives who are trying to conserve the history of this country? so shocked. "does anyone?" Not everyone is a dumb ignorant progtard like you are.

:lol:

I don't think many people actually care about those monuments on either side. It's political theatre.
actually there are a lot of people who care about those monuments and the history of this country. The liberals are the ones who have made this mostly political. Most conservatives are not super politicized and dont look at everything through a political lens. They dont go looking to deface the statues of people they dont like(which there are plenty of in this country). One side behaves like normal human beings, the other side operates like pure commie scumbags.

Do you also see people who dont want to see the US flag trashed as people who are mainly just doing it for politics too?

They fucking vandalized+toppled a George Washington statue and burned a US flag on him a yesterday. smfh.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...h7k9YutRPFZVLFAe3yDPD_0Hf-lHSQ-tZWK_-c_1nymWY

oh shit, conservatives who are trying to conserve the history of this country? so shocked. "does anyone?" Not everyone is a dumb ignorant progtard like you are.

Well, I don't expect everyone to be perfect.

actually there are a lot of people who care about those monuments and the history of this country. The liberals are the ones who have made this mostly political. Most conservatives are not super politicized and dont look at everything through a political lens. They dont go looking to deface the statues of people they dont like(which there are plenty of in this country).

True, they just kill the people the statues represent.

George-Costanza-Point-Wink-On-Seinfeld.gif

They fucking vandalized+toppled a George Washington statue and burned a US flag on him a yesterday. smfh.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...h7k9YutRPFZVLFAe3yDPD_0Hf-lHSQ-tZWK_-c_1nymWY

I like how you complain about media bias and then post Breitbart.

True, they just kill the people the statues represent.
Oh yes, because conservatives are running around killing people. They're the ones doing all the killing during these "peaceful protests" because they dont agree with the other side and what they represent. Amirite? :lol:

I like how you complain about media bias and then post Breitbart.
... its basically on every news outlet you nitwit. pick and choose moron. :lol: Did you expect me to link a cnn or msnbc article or something? Lulz. How soft is your head? Also, please tell me which part of that article was "biased"? Oh yea, you cant because you're just blindly talking out of your ass again.

And yes, i complain about the mainstream media constantly showcasing their left wing bias(something you tried to argue against and got crushed and laughed at by everyone here) and yes i commend the few outlets that give the other side a voice amongst the sea of shit that is fed the feeble minded idiots like yourself who then go on to regurgitate it.

Well, I don't expect everyone to be perfect.

main-qimg-48de2d40369758ca7e1d4e13b38e6756

Last edited:
Oh yes, because conservatives are running around killing people. They're the ones doing all the killing during these "peaceful protests" because they dont agree with the other side and what they represent. Amirite? :lol:

giphy.gif

... its basically on every news outlet you nitwit.

...and you cited Breitbart.

giphy.gif

And yes, i complain about the mainstream media constantly showcasing their left wing bias(something you tried to argue against and got crushed and laughed at by everyone here) and yes i commend the few outlets that give the other side a voice amongst the sea of shit that is fed the feeble minded idiots like yourself who then go on to regurgitate it.

I couldn't lose an argument to you if I tried. :p

Do you also see people who dont want to see the US flag trashed as people who are mainly just doing it for politics too?

No I definitely believe people are genuine when they intervene on flag desecration, but do I believe all the people outraged over confederate monuments being trashed are genuine? No not really. Maybe they care because they view it as a blanket attack on American history? To me it seems like it's mostly because they hate the people doing it so much.

but do I believe all the people outraged over confederate monuments being trashed are genuine? No not really.
we can never say "all the people" when talking about anything like this, but yes most do care and it has nothing to do with politics. I know you seem to think everyone and everything in this country is fueled by politics ... but that's definitely not true. It seems that most of your thoughts on what goes on out here are based off of what you hear and see from the news outlets. I hate to break it to you, but you're far more politically minded then most of the conservatives out here.

To me it seems like it's mostly because they hate the people doing it so much.
dude a lot of these church going bible-thumping conservatives dont have a hateful bone in their body.