The News Thread

First off LMFAO@ "bubutbut did you see when i said it".

:lol::lol::lol:

omg I'm so happy right now. You're seriously quoting that as an example of me calling someone racist?

Yes. i 100% am.

You've called cythraul a racist quite a few times btw. Youve also called Ozz and HBB racist and even referred to some of CIG's comments as racist(but you will once again try to use your "bud dat doesnt mean i said he was a racist" fallacy

Did you even read what I wrote?

yes, you basically said someone who commits racist actions isnt racist :lol:. Is someone that murders people not a murderer? If i came over there and raped you would i not be a rapist? You're embarrassing yourself brah

"racist speech isnt racist" "racist ideals arent racist". Only time you can be a racist is if a liberal needs you to be one :lol:

Suuuuuure, with this wealth of evidence you've provided, I believe it. :rolleyes:
you never referred to books as racist?
Booker T. Washington's Up From Slavery; frustrating, at times even racist book:
9780312394486.jpg

The Lord of the Rings is a racist book

you never referred to films as racist?
a lot of pre-1960s films are racist (as are a lot of post-1960s films)

you never referred to directors as racist?
Spike Lee is a racist asshole

racist bands?
Incorrigible Bigotry is fantastic. They garner lots of bad reviews because of their racist ideals
waiting for .... "racist ideals doesn't mean they're racist" blablabla

But they can't put him in jail for being racist. And he is such an obscure figure that the global media won't pay him much attention. The metal community knows of his crimes, but most of us (I'd venture) would still purchase his new album even if he maintains his views. Which, as you say, he is doing. I honestly don't think he has much to worry about as far as keeping a tight lip.

you never said jokes can be racist?
So, can we make racist jokes?

But as long as the joke exists, so does racism.

I grew up around guns, racist jokes, and confederate flags.

I love Ta-Nehisi Coates;
the fact that you love this racist Anti-American POS is very telling. Do you also like saladin ahmed?

the fact that he failed to distinguish between members of the East Asian cultures makes him a racist in my book.
so this is why Stalin was a racist? Because *you think(and are incorrect btw) he failed to distinguish between east asian cultures :rofl:

What do I need to fucking delete? I've had conversations about racism, sure--but somehow that equates to me calling people racist?
:lol:no, you slow idiot. How are you having trouble with some of this? It means exactly what i said .. that someone who's fixated on racism(guy comes to a metal forum and has hundreds and hundreds of posts on racism) is most likely the only true racist here.

Dude, I'm glad you find me so entertaining

Anything can be racist because racism is simply part of our cultural DNA
Lulz. that is all

just like the manager who chooses a white job candidate over a black one isn't intentionally racist, or probably even consciously racist.
Lulz. a manager choosing someone over another person based on just the color of their skin is indeed racism you ignorant schmuck.

Charlottesville is a very different case though. Even if Harris did "attack" first, the retaliation was outrageously disproportionate. Those fucking assholes were in racist heaven while they beat the shit out of that kid.
"racist heaven" bahahhaha but when blacks beat the shit out of whites and call them all kinds of racial slurs it's not racist. bahahhaha oh man. People like you who spread this kind of shit are disgusting.

Eh, I'm sorry but the fact that he was directing his comments on the train toward Muslims based on appearance, and making assumptions as to their legal status... he was racist.
i love it. This literally goes against everything you said today you little flip-flopping little beeyaach.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop insinuating that I'm a racist
Glad that plenty of other people here have also notice this. And no, we will not stop. True racists like you are nothing more than a virus to mankind

Jesus Christ, now I'm just thinking it's you who is the racist here.

Reactions: CiG
Ahhhh, there it is. Lovely.

tenor.gif

Enjoy your day, that's all I wanted.

Actually, I take it back:

You've called cythraul a racist quite a few times btw. Youve also called Ozz and HBB racist and even referred to some of CIG's comments as racist(but you will once again try to use your "bud dat doesnt mean i said he was a racist" fallacy

Let's see those quotes, honeybee (other than the CLEARLY sarcastic one you don't seem to understand).

Does seem like how you define racism depends heavily on what you need it to be in any given situation.

That's not true; and I never actually denied calling books/albums/movies/etc. racist. I was able to get TB to track down some very specific references though.

I've referred to cultural objects racist tons of times, and I wouldn't dispute that they are. And if TB could actually have a conversation, maybe that would have come out before he spent an hour looking for comments.

However, I do take pains to avoid accusing people of being racist. I actually go out of my way to not say people on this board are racist, but I don't think that's how it works. I do think people's words can be racist, though--because words are part of a linguistic and rhetorical structure, and don't translate perfectly back onto the identity of the person who spoke/wrote them.

And that post calling Cyth a racist was a joke from way back when I was a young tyke and tossed words like that around casually. I think it's pretty obvious that that post was sarcastic.

Why do you differentiate between racism and prejudice when racism by definition is race-based prejudice?

I differentiate because I think it's important for purposes of clarity and having a dialogue. Racial prejudice/bigotry describes individuated and isolated manifestations of racism, which is distributed, institutionalized prejudice. I think it's harmful to accuse people of being "racist"; it's more responsible and productive to try and point out to people the ways that certain language/behavior is informed by a system of institutionalized racism. This is a double-edged sword, since it means that people will unintentionally say racist things; but it also means it isn't they themselves that are racist. And if they care to acknowledge and alter their behavior, they can change. But even if they continue to behave the same way, I don't think that makes them racists; technically, it means they don't care about racism. And sure, if someone is told about the racist structures that inform their behavior and they do nothing to change it, then that makes them a bigot.

... because "racism" can only be used by the left who have hijacked and weaponized the word. The rest of us cant use it.

Well, not if you don't know how. ;)

Booker T. Washington's Up From Slavery; frustrating, at times even racist book:
9780312394486.jpg

The Lord of the Rings is a racist book

a lot of pre-1960s films are racist (as are a lot of post-1960s films)

Spike Lee is a racist asshole

Incorrigible Bigotry is fantastic. They garner lots of bad reviews because of their racist ideals

So, can we make racist jokes?

But as long as the joke exists, so does racism.

I grew up around guns, racist jokes, and confederate flags.

Eh, I'm sorry but the fact that he was directing his comments on the train toward Muslims based on appearance, and making assumptions as to their legal status... he was racist.

I differentiate because I think it's important for purposes of clarity and having a dialogue. Racial prejudice/bigotry describes individuated and isolated manifestations of racism, which is distributed, institutionalized prejudice. I think it's harmful to accuse people of being "racist"; it's more responsible and productive to try and point out to people the ways that certain language/behavior is informed by a system of institutionalized racism. This is a double-edged sword, since it means that people will unintentionally say racist things; but it also means it isn't they themselves that are racist. And if they care to acknowledge and alter their behavior, they can change. But even if they continue to behave the same way, I don't think that makes them racists; technically, it means they don't care about racism. And sure, if someone is told about the racist structures that inform their behavior and they do nothing to change it, then that makes them a bigot.

lolwhat.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity