The News Thread

This possibly belongs in the comedy thread, but a lot of my relatives are sharing it as genuine news, so...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stell...-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.

But both Facebook and Twitter eventually deleted videos of Immanuel’s speech from their sites, citing rules against COVID-19 disinformation. The deletions set off yet another round of complaints by conservatives of bias at the social-media platforms.

Immanuel responded in her own way, declaring that Jesus Christ would destroy Facebook’s servers if her videos weren’t restored to the platform.

I acknowledge the problems with social media gatekeeping information, but when so many people are stupid enough to listen to this woman...

This possibly belongs in the comedy thread, but a lot of my relatives are sharing it as genuine news, so...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stell...-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

I acknowledge the problems with social media gatekeeping information, but when so many people are stupid enough to listen to this woman...

Social media should stop helicopter-parenting the dumbest among us and let them fall for bogus remedies etc. Lunatics like her make the Internet interesting, and this is just a sad sign that soon the Internet's most entertaining and retarded stuff will be filtered to the seediest parts of the Internet. If you want to claim endometriosis is caused by fucking demons in your sleep you'll have to do it in the same places that people share zoosadism, which is a shame.

I watched about 2 mins of the video. Looked very obviously staged and I’m guessing orchestrated by Breitbart. Surely they could’ve paid off a few slightly more reputable quacks than this nutbag?

Reactions: Einherjar86
Social media should stop helicopter-parenting the dumbest among us and let them fall for bogus remedies etc. Lunatics like her make the Internet interesting, and this is just a sad sign that soon the Internet's most entertaining and retarded stuff will be filtered to the seediest parts of the Internet.

The problem is that in the case of public health, belief in these sorts of ideas puts other people's lives at risk--not just the "dumbest among us" who fall for such things. It would be different if their idiocy only endangered themselves, but it doesn't. I don't think it's worth trading public health for an entertaining internet.

The problem is that in the case of public health, belief in these sorts of ideas puts other people's lives at risk--not just the "dumbest among us" who fall for such things. It would be different if their idiocy only endangered themselves, but it doesn't. I don't think it's worth trading public health for an entertaining internet.

I was mostly being facetious. Mostly.

Reactions: Einherjar86
https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...der-on-covering-preexisting-conditions-2020-8

Trump said he's going to sign an executive order requiring health insurers to cover preexisting conditions. That's already the current law under Obamacare, which Trump has repeatedly tried to repeal.

tenor.gif

Such a stupid choice politically. Progressives don't like her because she moonwalked on Medicare for All, supported expanding the military budget and had a terrible record as attorney general of California. She arrested parents when their kids were truant from schools and supporting 3 strikes laws. On the other hand, she was soft on corporate crime. She actually let Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin off the hook when he was CEO of One West Bank for thousands of violations of foreclosure laws that cost regular people their homes. She's just about the worst pick if you were trying ride the coat-tails of the BLM protests. However, neolibs won't get that because they'll just assume activists will be excited for her simply because she's black. Social moderates won't like her because she goes hard on identity politics and wokesplaining. She's super fake and calculating. She might do well in the debate with Pence because she's good when on the attack, but she chokes when attacked, especially if she doesn't see it coming. The only people who like Kamala are the "Blue no matter who" Democrats. So, this was really about giving the donors and Democratic establishment someone they feel safe with.

Tulsi destroying Kamala on her criminal record and Kamala choking on neoliberal babble.