The News Thread

Apparently last week or the week before the same officer saved another persons life with CPR.

Reactions: CiG
Oh okay so in a civil war situation, criminal organizations will kill the "gun nuts" because for some reason the "gun nuts" will threaten said organizations...?

Maybe you've watched too much TV?

Were they not organized? Not capable of defense? I think you're reading a bit too much into the reference.

Fair enough, I'm not qualified to interpret what an activist means when she says "Who do we protect? Black criminals!" into a megaphone during a protest because I'm not American. Reasonable position. What she actually meant was we need to protect falsely accused black people black people guilty of a petty crime that then gets trumped up and has them hit with a heavier sentence.

Well, you might not be qualified to interpret what she means for reasons other than you not being American.

But yeah, I think you're being very eager to jump to conclusions.

Were they not organized? Not capable of defense? I think you're reading a bit too much into the reference.

Of course, but I'm just not sure how these organized crime networks are even relevant to the topic at hand. Then you have the more "conservative" criminal orgs with their own ideological preferences/racial biases. That's a whole other discussion I feel like.

Well, you might not be qualified to interpret what she means for reasons other than you not being American.

But yeah, I think you're being very eager to jump to conclusions.

No dude, you're the one jumping to conclusions by extrapolating what she said into whole other areas. I'm simply taking what she said at face value. Furthermore what she says reminds me of other rhetoric like "protect black bodies with white bodies" which is a common practice that when a black activist does something they could get in trouble for, a white ally takes the blame. If I wanted to, I could jump to conclusions like that but I didn't even do that lol.

And the whole "you're not American" thing is cheap and retarded, because you know well enough that many Americans share similar or mirror sentiments to me.

Of course, but I'm just not sure how these organized crime networks are even relevant to the topic at hand. Then you have the more "conservative" criminal orgs with their own ideological preferences/racial biases. That's a whole other discussion I feel like.

I didn't think so.

No dude, you're the one jumping to conclusions by extrapolating what she said into whole other areas. I'm simply taking what she said at face value.

That's part of your problem.

Furthermore what she says reminds me of other rhetoric like "protect black bodies with white bodies" which is a common practice that when a black activist does something they could get in trouble for, a white ally takes the blame. If I wanted to, I could jump to conclusions like that but I didn't even do that lol.

Good for you...?

And the whole "you're not American" thing is cheap and retarded, because you know well enough that many Americans share similar or mirror sentiments to me.

Yeah, especially people here. It's a regular ol' echo chamber in these parts.

Oh yeah definitely an echo chamber. All the left-wing members are being forced to never speak up on subjects (except you, one of the most outspoken members on the site) and the mods delete any comments that go against the right-wing narrative.

Oh yeah definitely an echo chamber. All the left-wing members are being forced to never speak up on subjects (except you, one of the most outspoken members on the site)

Oh come ON :lol: I pop in for a back-and-forth how often? And how many others are there who take my side? I’m usually responding to three or four of you guys in a single post. So yeah, generally speaking it’s an echo chamber.

and the mods delete any comments that go against the right-wing narrative.

upload_2020-8-14_23-50-21.gif

Oh come ON :lol: I pop in for a back-and-forth how often? And how many others are there who take my side? I’m usually responding to three or four of you guys in a single post. So yeah, generally speaking it’s an echo chamber.

It's not our fault your comrades are cowards. That's not what an echo chamber is dude, we debate here. Yes it sucks you're like the only person who says anything anymore but you're still heard and taken seriously. You're not bullied off the site or moderated, I've been on sites that were like echo chambers and this place ain't that.

upload_2020-8-14_23-50-21-gif.25882

Reference to sites where the mods actually do stuff like this. By contrast we can have pretty edgy and diverse arguments here. (Sweet gif btw, I'm actually in the middle of rewatching The Office lmao.)

And speaking of what will happen if "gun nuts" take on organized networks, I wonder what will happen if these clowns keep this kinda shit up?

http://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1294081790324494336

:lol:

Reactions: Einherjar86
It's not our fault your comrades are cowards.

:tickled: I think they just have more self-discipline than I do.

That's not what an echo chamber is dude, we debate here. Yes it sucks you're like the only person who says anything anymore but you're still heard and taken seriously. You're not bullied off the site or moderated, I've been on sites that were like echo chambers and this place ain't that.

Yes, I'm the only one (pretty much). So if I'm not commenting on anything...

giphy.gif

Reference to sites where the mods actually do stuff like this. By contrast we can have pretty edgy and diverse arguments here. (Sweet gif btw, I'm actually in the middle of rewatching The Office lmao.)

I watch The Office way too damn much.

I don't post in this thread that often, but when I don't get the "echo chamber" vibe. Most of the people in here appear to have heterodox views and there doesn't appear to be any party fanboys or hardcore ideologues.

I can't speak for everyone who doesn't post anymore but I can say I agree with cf that the average poster here is heterodox to the average shit I see on FB, and the reason I don't bother posting anymore is that the trend here is that arguing changes nobody's mind, and more broadly speaking we are past even the pretense of Reason being a fundamental source of meaning making or understanding in society at large. Everyone is just spamming retarded memes past each other all day. We can't even agree on "what 'is' is".

Man that Kyle Rittenhouse kid is an absolute hero. The "Try and shoot me nigga" Rosenbaum he brained who tried to corner him was a convicted child rapist, the sk8r boi Huber who performed his last kickflip had a long record of domestic abuse, and disarmed war-crime-committing Grosskreutz had arrests for burglary. The footage is so clear for the last two that I can't imagine homicide charges will stick, and reporters who were on the scene seem to have testimony in Kyle's favor as well. Hope he manages to avoid any lesser charges that would prohibit this top-tier all-American hero from cleaning the streets of rats.

1598496323230.jpg

kyle cleaning the streets.png

Sex offender guy was 18 when he was convicted. Any link to his conviction details? I know it says he had sex with a minor. That may or may not exactly be the monstrous act it’s being made out to be

Man that Kyle Rittenhouse kid is an absolute hero. The "Try and shoot me nigga" Rosenbaum he brained who tried to corner him was a convicted child rapist, the sk8r boi Huber who performed his last kickflip had a long record of domestic abuse, and disarmed war-crime-committing Grosskreutz had arrests for burglary. The footage is so clear for the last two that I can't imagine homicide charges will stick, and reporters who were on the scene seem to have testimony in Kyle's favor as well. Hope he manages to avoid any lesser charges that would prohibit this top-tier all-American hero from cleaning the streets of rats.

View attachment 25925

View attachment 25926

You have such a pathetic worldview.

He is an absolute hero though. Speaking of pathetic worldviews, here's a copy and paste of a post I just came across on Zuck's public toilet:

Looks like I just have to walk away from social media today. I am already feeling crappy after a brutal wisdom tooth extraction yesterday (can't get the taste of blood out of my mouth, blecch).
But coming here and seeing evidence that the right wing of the US is now fully embracing terrorism and murder by championing the teenage scum who hunted and killed protesters in Wisconsin two days ago has really brought me low.
I know we see the world entirely differently than you do. But does that mean we are worth killing?
I stand with the protesters. Period. I don't care if they torch buildings or cars. I do think there are more constructive ways to protest, but I understand the anger. All of us would feel the same if we had been subject to centuries of violent oppression and dehumanization.
But building and cars are NOT worth more than a human life. You'd think the party of "pro-life" would get this. You'd think the side of the political spectrum that embraces Christianity most feverishly would value someone's existence over "property".
But it looks like they don't. They don't value black lives, we knew that already, but they don't value anyone's life who doesn't think like they do.
They want us dead.
It's too depressing to deal with right now. This is America in the 21st Century. And anyone who thinks this is going to get better is delusional. We are seeing the birth of a mainstream right-wing terrorist movement before our very eyes.
Sorry kids, the USA is over. It was a good idea, anyway. Too bad the execution of it was so lacking, and the end of it so bloody.
I won't be engaging in any arguments, so don't bother writing them. I'll just delete any comments that try to defend the indefensible.
Like I always say, at some point certain people are beyond help.