The News Thread

J.D. Vance wins Ohio, but Fetterman beat Oz. Boebert's out in Colorado, Maura Healey won in MA. Kari Lake and Herschel Walker are too fucking close for comfort in AZ and GA, respectively. All in all, not the red wave people feared but definitely not good. If GA elects fucking Herschel Walker, man...

EDIT: shit, might have called CO too soon. Fucking insane.
georgia and Colorado that close and ohio with vance, a mess lol

Reactions: CiG
Reminiscent of this from the unusual deaths files:
On 4 June 1923, Jockey Frank Hayes (USA) suffered a fatal heart attack while riding his horse Sweet Kiss in a race at Belmont Park in New York City, USA. Despite his sudden death, Hayes somehow remained in the saddle long enough for the 20–1 long shot to jump the final fence and cross the finish line in first place, making him the only jockey to ride to victory after his own death.

Trump called on lawmakers to institute the 'death penalty for drug dealers' despite the fact that he pardoned people convicted of selling drugs.
In his first rally appearance since the Mar-a-Lago raid on August 8, Trump criticized the FBI, the Department of Justice, and President Joe Biden, labeling him an "enemy of the state" in a lengthy speech.

"Under Democrat control the streets of our great cities are drenched in the blood of innocent victims," Trump said, adding that drug dealers were responsible for killing hundreds of people every year.

It's unclear where the numbers Trump cited came from.
This dude is so unhinged at this point. Can't wait to see how the "I'm not a fan of Trump but..." dickriders spin this, especially the ones who love to talk about how much Trump cares about underserved minority communities.

They have been cultivating a base of homophobic, xenophobic, racist misogynists for years now. This is both unsurprising and utterly terrifying. Trump saying he could shoot someone in broad daylight and not lose votes may have been hyperbole at the time, but it’s not anymore. It’s like the twilight zone.

Reactions: zerostatic
Thinking about it, conspiracy theories also are drugs. They have got strong hallucinating effects - at least on those susceptible to them. Thus I'd consider those spreading them also drug dealers. However, instead of death penalty, I'd rather prefer sentences like these:

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11/23/alex-jones-texas-lawsuit-damages/

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/10/media/alex-jones-sandy-hook-damages/index.html

This dude is so unhinged at this point. Can't wait to see how the "I'm not a fan of Trump but..." dickriders spin this, especially the ones who love to talk about how much Trump cares about underserved minority communities.
To some people, religious fundamentalists and Qanonanists do count as "underserved minority communities".