The News Thread

I have a real hard time believing this lanky little twerp isn’t just trolling everyone; but given the current political tides on the right, it’s impossible not to take him seriously.

Last edited:
Merriam-Webster has just chosen "gaslighting" as its word of the year.
Searches on its website for the word have spiked by 1,740% in 2022, according to the company.

Gaslighting is the act or practice of grossly misleading someone, especially for one's own advantage.

"In this age of misinformation - of 'fake news', conspiracy theories, Twitter trolls, and deep fakes - gaslighting has emerged as a word for our time," Merriam-Webster said in a statement on Monday.

Curiously, search interest in the word was not driven by any single event, the company's editor-at-large told the Associated Press.

"It was a word looked up frequently every single day of the year," Peter Sokolowski told the US wire service.

Reactions: MasterpieceMesias
Iran and Saudi Arabia agree to restore ties after China-brokered talks.
Iran and Saudi Arabia, the two great oil-producing rivals of the Middle East, have agreed to restore ties and reopen embassies seven years after relations were severed.

The agreement came after Chinese-brokered talks held in Beijing. “As a result of the talks, Iran and Saudi Arabia agreed to resume diplomatic relations and reopen embassies … within two months,” Iran’s state news agency Irna reported, citing a joint statement.

This is huge.

This happened last night. About 70 miles or a little over an hour from where I'm at. It was a Morbid Angel show + Skeletal Remains and Revocation . Not sure if it was an actual tornado or just strong winds? Reports around here were over 90mph winds! 1 dead and over 28 people injured........crazy

• Wow
Reactions: zerostatic and CiG
I was reading that last night. Seems like the theatre copped a fair whack, taking out the roof and the front awning. Morbid Angel posted on FB that the show was cancelled and asked anyone still traveling to the gig not to come, so I guess the gig hadn't started at the time.

Britain’s roads could be paralysed by Beijing with electric cars made in China with “major security issues”, an industry figure has warned.

Well that sounds fun to watch unfold!

Excited Interest GIF

come here, big tits. come here, big tits. come here, big tits. your tits belong to me. give them to me. i want to claim my tits. i want to claim my tits. i want to claim my tits. these are my tits.

ChatGPT is still fuckin' weird:

Over just a few months, ChatGPT went from correctly answering a simple math problem 98% of the time to just 2%, study finds
Over the course of the study researchers found that in March GPT-4 was able to correctly identify that the number 17077 is a prime number 97.6% of the times it was asked. But just three months later, its accuracy plummeted to a lowly 2.4%. Meanwhile, the GPT-3.5 model had virtually the opposite trajectory. The March version got the answer to the same question right just 7.4% of the time—while the June version was consistently right, answering correctly 86.8% of the time.