The News Thread

A difference between what?

Koran interpretations and the Bible's? I thought I was being obvious here, especially when you didn't challenge Dak's statements about a page ago.

My point is that it is absurd to say no one will be afraid to go to a Planned Parenthood after the attack. Of course people will, just like people were afraid to fly after 9-11.

Maybe a few may be scared, but it's not going to have the impact of establishing the TSA did after 9/11. Let's not trivialize 9/11 by trying to really put forth this Christian terrorist agenda.

When you say extremist, what exactly is your definition? Extremists, usually, are an incredibly small minority. But IS and their like minded followers are not an incredible minority. And what Christian terrorists are supporting this? You cited one website that did not have it on their page.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/the-dawn-of-the-space-mining-age/

The legislation, called the “U.S. Commercial Space Launch Competitiveness Act,” calls for facilitating “commercial exploration for and commercial recovery of space resources by United States citizens.” If the President signs the Act into law, it means commercial ventures will finally be able to try and profit from space exploration—which will stimulate further development, innovation and exploration. In light of this policy shift it seems likely that other nations will quickly follow suit.

This is yuuuuge.

It got SJW'd haha

First Comment
I'm very concerned about your comment on 15th century European 'profiting from exploration'. The 'new world' was not new, it was already inhabited by hundreds of millions of native people. It was not 'explored', it was already well known to its original inhabitants. Most of the profit the Europeans made was based on mass enslavement, genocide, and theft of resources that belonged to the native peoples. European colonization was one of the worst atrocities in the history of humanity, not some naive 'Age of Discovery' whitewashed of all historical context.

More interested in reading about logistics of asteroid-gathering and space laborers. Sounds fascinating.

http://brilliantmaps.com/terrorism-world-map/

Same thing happened at this link. Guy couldn't be bothered to actually read even the first sentence of what is written before he starts commenting....might it be our very own cf?

That tech is supposedly at the point where we can harvest asteroids is a little crazy to me. It would be easy to assume that a planet with a base would be easier, but I guess distance and gravity wells are greater obstacles than size and speed.

Edit: the author responded to the guy:

Thank you all for your comments. A few thoughts:

night81: Actually, I made a specific effort in my wording of the "Age of Discovery" paragraph when I wrote it. While you are correct that the genocide perpetrated (for profit) against the native people who first inhabited the western hemisphere was an atrocity, it's not possible (or necessary) for an author to address this in every article, particularly if that article is about an entirely different topic.

The post doesn't reference the "new world", a term I intentionally avoided. From the viewpoint of the European's, they did explore the western hemisphere since they didn't yet know this land. I don't present genocide and theft as a positive example of anything and the unfortunate basis of many of those explorers' profits aren't relevant to our current day exploration of space. Finally, while unfortunately "Age of Discovery" is for you a loaded term, it is a relatively neutral, widely understood shorthand for that period of European history. That is all I will say on this subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Apparently there are multiple attackers. I haven't heard the latest on it but they had killed 2 of them or something an hour ago

Cali shooting. Christian or Muslim? Let's have a guessing game.

This is extremely important as to how the board will react to the situation. Btw, if they aren't mooslims they're Xtians by default. Without looking too hard I've seen pics of the two splattered attackers. Apparently when you die in a hail of gunfire you really do poop/pee yourself.

114864-Karen-Allen-shit-gif-Imgur-Ani-aZtL.gif

Muslims. We lost. But Daesh is as confused as we are at this point.

Yeah, I was expecting an ex-patient from the facility that decided to take out his autismos on his peers/counselors. gj muzzies

Reactions: Onder