The News Thread

Why does the restrictiveness matter?

Exactly. So why gun control?

The important part is the fact that they were armed to the teeth and killed 14 people. That's a global-religion-wide culture allowing that to happen not a state-wide culture.
FYP

Guns aren't inherently bad and obviously don't fire themselves, a person has to pull the trigger. Them's the facts we're working with right now

A lot of people would disagree.

I'm debating still. Would definitely go Mossberg if I do.

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

A basic 12g Mossberg is dirt cheap. You can afford a CCW worthy handgun and a Mossberg to have by the door or whatever.

Tangent: Why the fuck do they even make any shotgun gauges besides 12?

CCW is the ultimate goal.

~$100, a Saturday, and a background check. Although, especially if you have no firearms experience I recommend practicing with your weapon before/after you take the class. Too many people just buy a gun, take the class, shove it in their bag or glovebox or whatever and don't even know how to fire the thing. Also, whether or not to get a revolver or semiauto depends on how you plan to use it. If you want to stash it and forget it, go revolver. You have to cycle magazines in semi autos to keep the springs from getting weak.

Do you have to CCW each weapon you plan on having concealed?

No. You don't even have to bring "your" weapon. I know people who have borrowed pistols to take the class before they actually bought a gun.

Spring only wear out when they are used over and over and over
Can store a mag for years and years and it will be fine

Well yeah using it wears it out. Did some looking just now and the consensus seems to be only leaving a mag fully compressed will cause noticeable weakening.

So many metal bands were showing their support for Paris on various social media outlets. I'm not seeing a single peep for San Bernardino.

Kind of weird too since Cali spawned a lot of metal bands. I guess the body count wasn't high enough? They didn't attack a concert venue?

More likely to me that the news is just spreading a bit slower, Europe is the mecca of Metal so a huge attack on a European city is going to spread faster I guess.

I think I saw Noothgrush say something about the Cali shooting though.