The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

New COB book!

upload_2023-2-9_16-35-52.png

" Since we stopped making music and suffered the tragic loss of our brother Alexi, we’ve been remembering so many great times that we had together. In 2023 it will be the thirty years since Alexi and Jaska formed a band, and the time is right for us to create a book which tells the story of Children of Bodom in our own words and includes lots of photographs – many never published before – from our own collections. "

LINK: https://childrenofbodombook.com/

341042782_219803144072722_2293282994469529010_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rj rl
WTF:O Petri joined to Warmen!!

"
WARMEN
- complete new line-up
The good news coming from the WARMEN camp do not stop. Already at the end of last year the band reported back and announced a brand new studio album for 2023. After re-releasing the last studio album "First Of The Five Elements" (2014) in March, the band announced the first line-up change shortly after via social media. Seppo Tarvainen will succeed Mirka Rantanen on drums.
Mirka comments:
"After 24 years I'm happy to have Seppo as my successor and I think he's definitely the right man for the job. Good luck Seppo and Warmen!" (the full statement can be found on the band's Facebook page).
Today the band can now confirm the complete line-up and introduce their new singer: Petri Lindroos (Ensiferum).
WARMEN states:
"Due to the recent more aggressive style in songwriting, we were faced with the question of who should be the vocalist for the new album. After much consideration we contacted Petri, as Janne has known him forever and we thought he would be a perfect fit.
We are super excited to announce Petri as the lead singer for our upcoming album. We also think Petri would be perfect for a live show, so stay tuned for more news about the new album!"
Petri adds:
"The Wirman brothers sent me a message asking if I would be interested in singing for their new album, and I said of course I am. It sounds like a very cool thing to do and also very metal."
The band is currently in the midst of recording their new, as-yet-untitled album, which is due out later this year via Reaper Entertainment.
More info to follow shortly, stay tuned!
More about WARMEN:
WARMEN has been a kind of solo project of Janne "Warman" Wirman for many years, or a musical balance to his main band at that time. When the keyboardist wasn't touring the world with Children Of Bodom, he was regularly recording albums with his brother Antti Wirman (guitar), Jyri Helko (bass), Mirka Rantanen (drums, Kotipelto, ex-Hevisaurus) and various session singers. After the much too early end of Children Of Bodom and the tragic death of Alexi Laiho, Janne initially fell into a deep black hole and wasn't sure if he ever wanted to make music again. Finally, his environment helped him to focus on his great passion music again with WARMEN.
DISCOGRAPHY:
UNKNOWN SOLDIER (2000)
BEYOND ABILITIES (2001)
ACCEPT THE FACT (2005)
JAPANESE HOSPITALITY (2009)
THE FIRST OF THE FIVE ELEMENTS (2014, 2023)
Line-Up:
Janne Wirman - Keyboards
Petri Lindroos - Vocals
Antti Wirman - Guitar
Jyri Helko - Bass
Seppo Tarvainen - Drums "

1681394720278.png

Reactions: Sany
Cool, Warmen going for a more brutal sound then? Petri doesn't do cleans as far as I know, so I'm assuming they're going down the MDM route. Hopefully Janne will add some Hatebreeder-era neoclassical flourishings ... this should be great.

Reactions: COB-666
Cool, Warmen going for a more brutal sound then? Petri doesn't do cleans as far as I know, so I'm assuming they're going down the MDM route. Hopefully Janne will add some Hatebreeder-era neoclassical flourishings ... this should be great.
Petri's done cleans in the interlude to Ensiferum's "Bonus Song". He's not bad, but they wouldn't have hired Petri if they wanted cleans.

WARMEN
- releasing "Here For None" on August 18, 2023
Release-Show on Summer Breeze Open-Air!

WARMEN are back!
The new album by the Finnish powerhouse WARMEN around Janne Wirman (CHILDREN OF BODOM) HERE FOR NONE will be released worldwide by REAPER ENTERTAINMENT on August 18th 2023 - including some tangible surprises!

Janne states:
“Whether you know of Warmen or are new to our music, you are in for a treat! We have put a lot of thought and energy into this release and the new album really represents what we are musically. A lot of melodic stuff and crazy soloing with brutal riffing and drumming!”
HERE FOR NONE heralds a new era - true to the motto "The king is dead, long live the king", WARMEN are not only musically departing to new, heavier shores - due to the new line-up it can now be said with justification that WARMEN are taking on the musical legacy of Janne's former band in a spectacular way.
“I will always be Janne from Bodom. That's okay with me, I'm happy about it and I don't have to hide my past. I also see that as a positive thing for WARMEN,” Janne knows about his good reputation and the attention he gets in the scene. Together with his brother Antti Wirman and longtime friend Jyri Helko they managed to recruit Seppo Tarvainen on drums and no other than Petri Lindroos (ENSIFERUM) on vocals to make HERE FOR NONE a true masterpiece of Melodic Death Metal!
The band will also present this legacy live at selected events, such as the release show at the Summer Breeze Open Air. Until then, the brutally varied, yet extremely coherent HERE FOR NONE is the new reference work in terms of melodic heaviness from Finland!

Tracklist:
1 Warmen Are Here For None
2 The Driving Force
3 A World Of Pain
4 Too Much, Too Late
5 Night Terrors
6 Hell On Four Wheels
7 The End Of The Line
8 Death's On Its Way
9 The Cold Unknown
10 Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

WARMEN are:
Janne Wirman - Keyboards
Petri Lindroos - Vocals
Antti Wirman - Guitars
Jyri Helko - Bass
Seppo Tarvainen - Drums

350111669_156581657395843_4688252828517553006_n.jpg

350339162_780520960177482_6790544351123693484_n.jpg

Can't wait... : )

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
WARMEN
- releasing "Here For None" on August 18, 2023
Release-Show on Summer Breeze Open-Air!

WARMEN are back!
The new album by the Finnish powerhouse WARMEN around Janne Wirman (CHILDREN OF BODOM) HERE FOR NONE will be released worldwide by REAPER ENTERTAINMENT on August 18th 2023 - including some tangible surprises!

Janne states:
“Whether you know of Warmen or are new to our music, you are in for a treat! We have put a lot of thought and energy into this release and the new album really represents what we are musically. A lot of melodic stuff and crazy soloing with brutal riffing and drumming!”
HERE FOR NONE heralds a new era - true to the motto "The king is dead, long live the king", WARMEN are not only musically departing to new, heavier shores - due to the new line-up it can now be said with justification that WARMEN are taking on the musical legacy of Janne's former band in a spectacular way.
“I will always be Janne from Bodom. That's okay with me, I'm happy about it and I don't have to hide my past. I also see that as a positive thing for WARMEN,” Janne knows about his good reputation and the attention he gets in the scene. Together with his brother Antti Wirman and longtime friend Jyri Helko they managed to recruit Seppo Tarvainen on drums and no other than Petri Lindroos (ENSIFERUM) on vocals to make HERE FOR NONE a true masterpiece of Melodic Death Metal!
The band will also present this legacy live at selected events, such as the release show at the Summer Breeze Open Air. Until then, the brutally varied, yet extremely coherent HERE FOR NONE is the new reference work in terms of melodic heaviness from Finland!

Tracklist:
1 Warmen Are Here For None
2 The Driving Force
3 A World Of Pain
4 Too Much, Too Late
5 Night Terrors
6 Hell On Four Wheels
7 The End Of The Line
8 Death's On Its Way
9 The Cold Unknown
10 Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

WARMEN are:
Janne Wirman - Keyboards
Petri Lindroos - Vocals
Antti Wirman - Guitars
Jyri Helko - Bass
Seppo Tarvainen - Drums

350111669_156581657395843_4688252828517553006_n.jpg

350339162_780520960177482_6790544351123693484_n.jpg

Can't wait... : )
With Petri as a Vocalist, this might be the closest thing to a new Bodom Album we could ever get. Im hyped.

Last edited: