The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

I think the Bodom After Midnight album would’ve been great based on the EP
Definitly agree. It gave me Hate Crew Deathroll Vibes. It was such an energetic and aggressive sound. Just amazing. True shame that they couldnt record the full album. But atleast we got the EP at all.

Definitly agree. It gave me Hate Crew Deathroll Vibes. It was such an energetic and aggressive sound. Just amazing. True shame that they couldnt record the full album. But atleast we got the EP at all.
i also 100% agree that bodom after midnight album would have been awesome. i could feel it. still breaks my heart:(

Reactions: COB-666
" Despite playing their last show already in 2019, the remaining CHILDREN OF BODOM members have been quite active in recent years to keep the band's (and Alexi Laiho's) memory alive. We recently attended their exhibition, Strikes and Gutters, Ups and Downs – Children of Bodom in retrospective photos, in Espoo and one month later, the trio is ready for the next steps in their career, a CHILDREN OF BODOM-themed bar with lots of memorabilia from the band's history and a sauna. We chatted with Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä, and Jaska Raatikainen the day before the grand opening of their new endeavor, Bodom Bar & Sauna in Niittykumpu, Espoo. "

I posted it to the interview thread too.

Bodom Bar
IG: https://www.instagram.com/bodombar/

" The tiles in the mixed sauna called for some proper paint on the dressing room walls, kind of like matching with the autumn colors and one of our albums. This sauna will be hot and ready for some proper löyly in less than two months. "

lWNG2Z0.jpg

" Our opening times are

Mon-thu 16-24
Fri 14-02
Sat 12-02
Sunday 12-20

Sauna time is from opening until 23 except Sundays until closing.
Please wear your bathing suit in the Mixed Sauna.
We also rent and sell towels in case you didn’t bring your own. "

3Xkdz9J.jpg

s3qpMJy.jpg

DnjWyxK.jpg

8DZ8z8x.jpg

Alexander (alexander_kuoppala) :

" Yesterday was amazing night out in the brand new Bodom Bar&Sauna. I met lot of people I haven't met in 20+years. It was so cool to chat and catch up with all of them.
Pic 1. The bar from the outside

AB3B59c.png

Pic 2. Me and Timo Isoaho, journalist that has been with COB for several tours.

zykV7nm.png

Pic 3. Left is legendary Anssi "Anjovis"Kippo who recorded SW, Hate breeder and HCDR albums and whipped us over the limit. In the center is Susanna Laamanen who helped us a lot in the beginning.

Z6GJuri.png

Pic 4. My COB guitar is displayed at the bar

bBhzOn3.png

Pic.5. Me Tuula Rossi who worked at Spinefarm rec back in the days and helped us also a lot.

JZbthJL.png

Pic 6. Almost the original line-up, missing Alexi❤️(Miss you very much little brother).

bselGLO.png

Pic 7. Pic taken by Henkka Seppälä, a glass in the desk

V9dSW4G.png

Pic.8 Jane's keytar that he used at least in Japan end of nineties and I guess later on. So EDM vibes . "

91nBxBo.png

Comments:

TnhHES2.png

Google Translate:
Jaska: So cool when you came to visit Ale yesterday!! A big thank you also for the guitar, which everyone admired !
Anssi: Many thanks for yesterday! We continued smoothly from where we left off 20+ years ago. ❤️

-----------------
I don't know, I like it. : )

Wow! Great stuff, @COB-666.
It’s nice to see all the love spreading
I’m still a bit on the fence about the bar part, when their friend died from an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.
They could have just made it a café, that also serves beer n shit. Somehow that would have been cooler towards Alexi. Alexi would probably have loved a bar though.
It’s great seeing everyone. I still nurse a naive hope that everyone will somehow come together and make music in one way or another again.

Wow! Great stuff, @COB-666.

They could have just made it a café, that also serves beer n shit. Somehow that would have been cooler towards Alexi. Alexi would probably have loved a bar though.

I’m sorry but how’s a “cafe that serves beer n shit”different. Is it the word “bar” that bothers you? Cause you kinda lose your point there. In this bar you can also get pizza and shit, not just alcohol. Or you can just go sauna and not drink anything. They’ve actually had an interview in Finnish Radio Rock maybe couple days before the official opening where they were asked if they got any “negative” feedback and Jaska addressed this exact argument. His reply was that this has been something that Alexi has always wanted and there had been many thoughts and talks about it through the years when the band was active and he was still alive. Also, Alexi’s family is 100% supporting this endeavour, which ofc also shows by the various Alexi’s personal stuff that were donated and are part of the museum of the bar.

The place is great, it’s really worth a visit if you find yourself in Helsinki, Espoo etc. There’s so much cool stuff in there that every fan would love to see. And hopefully more stuff added in the future. At least for me, it’s obvious that the COB guys really loved their buddy and it’s a celebration of him and their legacy.

I’m sorry but how’s a “cafe that serves beer n shit”different. Is it the word “bar” that bothers you? Cause you kinda lose your point there. In this bar you can also get pizza and shit, not just alcohol. Or you can just go sauna and not drink anything. They’ve actually had an interview in Finnish Radio Rock maybe couple days before the official opening where they were asked if they got any “negative” feedback and Jaska addressed this exact argument. His reply was that this has been something that Alexi has always wanted and there had been many thoughts and talks about it through the years when the band was active and he was still alive. Also, Alexi’s family is 100% supporting this endeavour, which ofc also shows by the various Alexi’s personal stuff that were donated and are part of the museum of the bar.

The place is great, it’s really worth a visit if you find yourself in Helsinki, Espoo etc. There’s so much cool stuff in there that every fan would love to see. And hopefully more stuff added in the future. At least for me, it’s obvious that the COB guys really loved their buddy and it’s a celebration of him and their legacy.

I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure I'll visit one day.

Reactions: mrs.bodOm

You’re spot on - it’s just the word “bar” rubbing me the wrong way.
I’d love to go, and I’d try everything on the menu there. Maybe we should even make a forum meet-up there. It’ll be fun with all 6-7 of us. First rounds on me!

I’m trying not to be “holier than thou” about alcohol, but I’ve seen and felt the soul-destroying effects of excessive consumption in both my private life and professionally. I’ll still enjoy a drink once in a while. Share a bottle of red in good company or have a beer at a party.

I’ll definitely make a pilgrimage out of visiting Helsinki and Espoo at some point. If I could ever shake the hands of all the former and current band members and tell them how much the music they helped create and have played for decades have meant to me, I’d be super stoked. These guys will always have my support.

One of their best songs imo, a perfect blend of black/melodic/folk/heavy metal :kickass::kickass:

I didn't expect them to release another album. But that's a welcome surprise.

I hope it will also come with a Bluray and not just a CD.

They are planning one more album... in theory... a cover album.
But it would be nice, if the "album" had some kind of "documentary" and interview or something extra... (with Alexander?) like Chaos Ridden.

Reactions: Szeptu Cha
Considering how long we've been collectively asking for a new live DVD, this is godsend.
As for a cover album, that would be great, but I do not recall hearing about it and I would be surprised if they had enough new material to publish something nice. Although it would be a nice opportunity to release that long-awaited version of Talking with the Trees.

Considering how long we've been collectively asking for a new live DVD, this is godsend.
As for a cover album, that would be great, but I do not recall hearing about it and I would be surprised if they had enough new material to publish something nice. Although it would be a nice opportunity to release that long-awaited version of Talking with the Trees.

They talked about the cover album ~1-1,5 years ago in a livestream (maybe in this: ). They talked about a new book (stories and photos) and a new COB TV as well. I'm waiting for these stuffs, and the live album it was a pleasant surprise.

Lets hope it really is a Bluray and not just a CD. Im not into listening to live shows. I need to watch em too for full enjoyment.