The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Still it's more natural to pick someone who's born for that sort of role, while the other guy has his own thing going on anyway.

"OFF"
New post from Warmen...
" Kesäloma. "
106497569_3243735165691676_7278710918211915089_o.jpg

9AGxsNq.png

Jaska's having an Insta account?

IMO, all that band drama started when Alexi decided to do that lifestyle change (what Roope mentioned in that interview). I wonder why he didn't ask Archie to be the bassist for BAM since both went the same bad way and ended up in a band-split.

He didn't ask Archie because it seemed like everyone tried to distance themselves from him. From what I understand, he had real problems with different substances, also his ex-fiance said he was abusive both mentally and physically. I heard rumors that he was pushy when trying to hit on feminine fans. He was kicked out of The Local Band in 2018 so I guess others had problems with him for a while. If you guys go on his Instagram, you can see he deleted all his posts and started posting again. He says he's been on rehab and intense therapy.

He didn't ask Archie because it seemed like everyone tried to distance themselves from him. From what I understand, he had real problems with different substances, also his ex-fiance said he was abusive both mentally and physically. I heard rumors that he was pushy when trying to hit on feminine fans. He was kicked out of The Local Band in 2018 so I guess others had problems with him for a while. If you guys go on his Instagram, you can see he deleted all his posts and started posting again. He says he's been on rehab and intense therapy.

I second this, I heard all of this from different sources, some of them were girls who have met him privately and he was a mess. Shame for a guy who could have many girls just by being nice to them. I hope that rehab will help him change, he was a nice guy when he started Santa Cruz.

Little random post:

I just discovered that there are preorders available for limited Re-Releases of colored HCDR and FTR Vinyls in several online shops like napalm records. The description says they are remastered by Anssi Kippo and limited to 600 copies.
Interestingly the FTR Vinyl will feature the Shot in the Dark Cover song. I might be wrong but I believe this one wasn't on an actual Bodom record before was it? I only know it from that tribute compilation album with various artists.

Think it was on some Japan edition of FTR before? Not sure at all I just found out about that cover existing a few days ago when reading old magazines.

Yeah that's possible.
But atleast it wasn't among the bonus tracks of regular releases and also not on skeletons. Even digital you can only buy it from these tribute compilation albums.

I honestly hate Japanese Editions. The idea to release content only in specific countries is so outdated and just feels wrong. Imagine this would happen in other mediums like video game releases. The shitstorm would be gigantic.

I was extremely pissed when I found out that my 50 Euro edition of IWC is missing the cruel summer cover only because I'm not from Japan.

Why don't I get all the songs if I decide to pay 50 Euros in times where most people don't pay anything for music?
The labels should atleast put those Japanese Editions in their collectors editions, if they really need to keep this bullshit going.
And also make those tracks available for digital platforms worldwide. It's ridiculous that we still need people to put those songs unofficially on YouTube.

Sorry for the off topic talk. But I just had to rant about this

I remember them explaining it that for some reason foreign CDs are more expensive in Japan so they put something extra to get the fans excited to get the album.
But at the same time, I haven't been to a single COB show in finland where at least 1/3 of front row isn't Japanese people! I bet they buy the albums just like everyone else if they are so fanatic like everyone is saying.

Huge respect to all the japanese COB fans who traveled to finland for COB many times! I always wished to go to Japan to see COB but it never will happen, I was actually planning to go for it if they had gone to asia on Hexed tour.

https://www.rockininterviews.com/middy
Interview with Middy, there's a little bit about BAM but not much.

He said he has heard about people thinking BAM is just going to be a COB cover band but - though old tunes are included- that is not the case, they are "hungry to release new music" but with this whole situation right now it's hard to say when they can release new material.

He also talked about joining BAM but "the story isn't that spectacular", so basically he was playing a show and Alexi just asked and he said yes.

There was also an instagram story from I guess a band practice yesterday, Alexi was speaking finnish and talking about "trying to find the right sound".
lol I just hate when someone of them posts a story and the rest of them repost that like 5 hours later and you think it's gonna be something new but it's what you saw earlier :D

Reactions: COB-666
I actually think that the new material will be good, probably much better than what people are expecting. Waltteri is an incredible drummer and I bet it's a breath of fresh air to write with new members. Usually I'm cynical but I actually expect good things this time.

Reactions: tragician