The next two are....

dtfanatic said:
Who's heading there with you? ;) I need to hear something good about Orphaned Land or someone that knocks my socks off in the last 4 bands or you might me going solo.
You should like Orphaned Land. I like what I've heard except for the use of the death vox, you know me and death vocals, but I think you would get into them.

I'll add I don't recall hearing them ever, altho possibly on Earl Root's "The Root of all Evil" radio show in my local town, but I used to frequently read the Metalhead Directory and other parts of Metal Edge in the mid 90s and would always noticed Pink Cream 69..and for some reason I always thought they were connected to Pink Floyd for some reason, lol.

I dunno if they are/will be my cup of tea, but I'm 1/2 curious about them now.

Kyle

TheWhisper said:
You should like Orphaned Land. I like what I've heard except for the use of the death vox, you know me and death vocals, but I think you would get into them.

I'll check them out then. I like the death vocals as long as they aren't of the cookie monster variety, but I can take them as long as the music is of the good variety. :D

Just heard a few samples of PC69 and I REALLY LIKE what I hear!!! Sounds like a perfect fit. Nothing wrong with a melodic band being in there...

Great choice Glenn.

DarkTide said:
Who did you have in mind for Prog Power 6 ??

Well, I thought Symphorce was going to be a given this year. Granted, I know nothing of them but I know Andy rocked incredibly hard with Brainstorm, so I was looking forward to seeing him again.

As for the 4 bands I was really pulling for, 2 would be returning bands from PPIII and the other two... Well, I don't want to get into who I was hoping for until after he finishes announcing everyone. All I know is there has yet to be a single band announced that I'm a fan of.

TheGraveDigger said:
Wow, glad to see so many people here love PC69! \m/

This is fucking unreal!!! PC69, Therion & Stratovarius closing out the entire fest!!! I'm happy to finally check out PC69!!! My friend is going to die when she finds out!!! She just saw them in Germany last month!!!! I left her a message on her machine & broke the news to her...she's going to flip!!! :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!! ORPHANED LANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

THIS COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO fucking estatic!!!!!

Glenn, YOU FUCKING RULE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Calling friends in NY, Brazil and Israel

IM GOING TO SEE ORPHANED LAND, I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE IT!!!!

Glenn, I'm paying you a drink at the show. Period.

Originally posted by TheGraveDigger
My predictions - Conception, Masterplan, Freedom Call, and (praying) MERCENARY!

I would seriously fucking die if both Orphaned Land AND Mercenary played.

I really don't know what to think of this line up so far. I don't know if I'm disapointed or what? Last year's friday was better than this whole line so far. And yes this is just my opinion, but I've been to three of these. I will say that most of the sound bytes seem pretty cool (I can't wait to buy Circus maximus). But I keep buying "Strato" cds and I'm still wondering WTF!!!

dtfanatic said:
I'll check them out then. I like the death vocals as long as they aren't of the cookie monster variety, but I can take them as long as the music is of the good variety. :D

IMO, the vocals both clean and growling compliment each other on this disc. Kinda like Mercenary's, but Orphaned Land has more clean vocals, I think, than Mercenary. I like the middle eastern sound mixed in with the metal. I'm not one that particularly cares for the growling vocals, but sometimes I can deal with it. It mostly depends on the music itself for my tastes. I couldn't take Mabool out of my cd player for the 1st month or 2 after purchasing it at PP last year.

Danny

PhantomLord said:
Well, I thought Symphorce was going to be a given this year. Granted, I know nothing of them but I know Andy rocked incredibly hard with Brainstorm, so I was looking forward to seeing him again.

As for the 4 bands I was really pulling for, 2 would be returning bands from PPIII and the other two... Well, I don't want to get into who I was hoping for until after he finishes announcing everyone. All I know is there has yet to be a single band announced that I'm a fan of.
Hopefully Glenn will announce a couple of your favorites real soon. Some of the fun for me is getting to know the bands I'm not familiar with prior to them playing at Prog Power. So far I'm pretty familiar with the bands except for Circus Maximus, so the disc ordering list might be small this year.

PC69 is about as good of a melodic metal band you will find, so I'd recommend that you check them out. Their two best are Electrified and Sonic Dynamite.

Orphaned Land created one of the most interesting and unique discs I've heard in a few years with Mabool. It might be worth checking out. You never know, you might wind up really digging some of these bands prior to show time. Plus, we still have four more bands to be announced so hopefully a favorite or two of yours will be included.

Britt

great stuff so far, from what i've heard.. i only have a couple therion and strato cds, other than that these guys are all new to me. but i agree that circus maximus sounds great, and the rest of those bands dont sound too bad either.

i'm hoping for, not matter how unlikely, elvenking and dragonforce for the last two "low" spots on the list

DarkTide said:
Hopefully Glenn will announce a couple of your favorites real soon. Some of the fun for me is getting to know the bands I'm not familiar with prior to them playing at Prog Power. So far I'm pretty familiar with the bands except for Circus Maximus, so the disc ordering list might be small this year.

PC69 is about as good of a melodic metal band you will find, so I'd recommend that you check them out. Their two best are Electrified and Sonic Dynamite.

Orphaned Land created one of the most interesting and unique discs I've heard in a few years with Mabool. It might be worth checking out. You never know, you might wind up really digging some of these bands prior to show time. Plus, we still have four more bands to be announced so hopefully a favorite or two of yours will be included.

Britt

MAYBE one of my four bands I'm hoping for would be the #4 on Friday night, but I think any of the 4 would have to have the headlining slot, so only one of them will be on it if any... And since I think the headliner is either Rhapsody, Conception, Helloween, or Running Wild I'm not too optimistic.

Going to ProgPower III, the ONLY band I liked was Blind Guardian. They were one of my favorite bands, so of course I was going to make the trip for their first show in the US. I fell in love with Angra, Edguy, and Pain Of Salvation thanks to that festival. ProgPower V I went for Into Eternity, Edguy, and PoS (PoS is my favorite band), and I really dug Brainstorm and loved Tad Morose.

Trust me, I know if I go I'll like several of the bands... But I can't take that many days off work/school and spend that much money if there isn't a SINGLE BAND I like going into it. We'll see what happens, but I doubt any of my 4 will be announced. (Hint : 2 were mentioned in this post)

Since Kamelot was at PP last year and they were still finishing their album, when would have had any time to work on any new Conception material? Although I can't think of anything I'd rather see.

Meanmistreator said:
Since Kamelot was at PP last year and they were still finishing their album, when would have had any time to work on any new Conception material? Although I can't think of anything I'd rather see.

Those 4 bands I mentioned as headliners... I don't really have the first clue about any of them, just general knowledge. All I know is I've seen their names thrown around A LOT, and if so many people who know more about this type of music than I do think they may be there, I gotta believe it more then what I'm hoping for.