The next two are....

Harvester said:
The 3rd slots go to Orphaned Land and Pink Cream 69. Both are U.S exclusives.

Glenn H.
HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! :OMG: :OMG:

PINK CREAM 69 ~ Fucking Unbelievable! :headbang: :worship: There are not enough 'smily' accolades I can use to express my astonishment at this news. I predict they are going to be the surprise act of the event. Bless You Glenn. :D

This year is looking to be a very ecclectic range of bands/styles. And so far, only two bands I am familiar with.

I've never heard any 'Pink Cream 69', probably because the name alone had me running in the opposite direction. :loco:

With that said, Orphaned Land?? ORPHANED MOTHERFUCKING LAND???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is me right now ->
worship.gif

Mabool = #1 album of 2004. Wow, I'm speechless right now....thank you Glenn.

Originally posted by angra150
WTF?

this definitely lowers my moral for this festival!! orphaned? i have never ever heard the name of that band!!

A prog show with a band someone hasn't heard of before? Who would've thought!

Seriously though, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I suggest you check out the band before you change your morals.;)

what is it like orpaned land? Ive been here in the power and prog metal scene for 8 years, and never have heard of it... I would say its because of something...

I was trying to read through the biography but it doesnt show a clue about what is it about, and my connection is too fucking slow to DL a song... Can you tell me how it is?

I for one am happy about the two new bands. I think they both sound very good, and since they sound different (in my own opinion) than the bands we already knew about, everyone is going to sound that much better for it.

\m/ thanks Glenn.

dargormudshark said:
How Dare You question Glenn's decisions! :err:

I am not questioning anything. He said some would say "WTF" and I said "WTF" cause when I read it I literally thought "WTF?"

... and for the record I dare do whatever I want PUNKY! :)

(In reply to Angra150)

I'll send you a song through instant messenger if you want, if it would go any faster.

You probably haven't heard of them because they aren't really prog or power metal. Basically you've got heavy music with middle eastern melody/harmony. They've got softer songs too, and use a bunch of instruments typical of middle eastern music. Then on vocals you've got both English and Hebrew lyrics, there are sung and growled vocals. There are also some female vocals.

Aaand that's about the best unbiased description I can give of Orphaned Land over the internet.

Words cannot describe how happy I am at this announcement, especially after what happened last year with Adagio. I think everyone here who knows me knows what a huge fan I am of Pink Cream 69 and David Readman. Thank God my boss approved my vacation request this morning. I was afraid he'd say no, because he almost didn't let me go last year.

Glenn, THANK YOU!!!! You have no idea how much this means to me.

Orphaned Land is definately interesting. I heard the new album and I will be cool to see them. I've only heard of PC69 just now and the samples on the site here sound pretty good, very standard sounding, but good. They do however have the worst name of all time.

Mountain King said:
You'll have to excuse him, he's a bit of a moron.

Wow, THAT was necessary.

I guess since I haven't different tastes in music than some people here, that qualifies me as a moron.

Sorry, I'm just not excited about a single band on this lineup. Three of my friends who were planning on going are no longer planning on it, regardless of who else is announced (which I think is stupid... I'm waiting for all 10 before I decide). Oh well, there's always PPVII.

I know I'll get flamed for this,however I don't care. "So far" this is the least appealing PP ever. I hope there is something here for me in the last 4 bands. I like Strat and I find Circus Maximus to be promising. I can't wait to hear the whole Album. But that is it for me so far. This does not hold a candle to PP3 much less any of the other PP's. Go ahead and get mad and tell me how I'm insulting Glen and all that stuff. Remeber, this is just my opinion. I am glad that many of you are happy.

When Glenn told me he was going after PC69 I was like "Hm, wow, this could be very interesting, what a choice! I *personally* loved the band but I didn't know how well it would go over with the Prog/Power crowd. I am amazed at HOW well and much people are into it!

I remember first hearing them in the early 90s at some party. A guy threw this cassette (hah!) in without saying who it was, and I was blown away (I think it was One Size Fits All). Excellent Melodic Hard Rock with killer guitar work and melodies. Can't wait to see them! This is definitely a band you don't let the name fool you.