The next two are....

I dont think you'd get Ayreon partly due to the fact that Erik Norlander/Lana Lane parted ways with Arjen after their fiasco on the Lana Lane tour before THE. If you notice, both are not on the Human Equation, but, I think FoTM and ITEC are the best Ayreon, largely due to Erik Norlanders expertise.

For this, It appears Ayreon would be restricted to material off THE, and face it, I fuckin wanna hear Dawn of a Million Souls.

Oh yea, NO Evergrey, They've played the fest 3 times, give them a break, plus, I dont find them that special anyways, Recreation Day was a real repetitive album.

dargormudshark said:
To be honest, The line-up isn't doing much for me, but everyone else seems to be happy, and I still have not seen the whole line-up yet. I am stil going because I love this festival and I want to support Glenn so he can put on a festival I will love next year.

S'ok bro. Even if you DON'T go someone else will buy your ticket. :wave:

If there's one thing I've learned just working alongside Glenn...you truly CANNOT please everyone. My dream lineup was PPUSA 2 (with PPUSA 3 coming in a CLOSE second). But ALL of the other years have been absolutely killer as well imo. Can't have my favorite bands every year. That would get boring fast for other people. There's a LOT of diversity in this scene. So many sub genres. Trying to put together a show with universal appeal is a challenge.

Creeps said:
With as many people who are involved with projects like that it would take a miracle to see somethign [sic] along the lines of Ayreon or Avantasia.

You are correct sir. And those who are "dreaming" about either Ayreon or Avantasia (or "Days Of Rising Doom" and any of the other similar "opera" projects for that matter) can just roll back over and catch some more shut eye. These are not touring shows. They are one off studio projects. Think of the logistics involved for a moment people. 12 singers, each from different bands. A half dozen or more guest instrumentalists. None of whom play together regularly. In fact, none of whom have played/performed ANY of those songs at ALL since the recording sessions ended. So CONSIDERABLE rehearsal would be required. Now imagine the nightmare of arranging the rehearsals...much less the performance. It just isn't going to happen.

But Star One on the other hand...hmmm...

:Spin:

tattooedsean666 said:
I will be happy none the less if I go as I won't get into the complaining game as I know I have had a good time in my 2 years attending. I just think I hope it doesn't resort to a returning band especially evergrey and sym x as although I love both, I can see them anytime now on tour. I make trips to fests to see special performances by bands I have hard time seeing on tours.

Yeah, you can see those bands on tour as of late, but where exactly will you be seeing them play 90 minutes (especially Evergrey, being from Sweden)?

People want those repeat bands because we've gotten emotionally attached to their material and want to hear as much as possible. It's cool to see a really awesome new band play live but there is nothing like seeing a fave band with 3+ albums that you have been listening to for years.

I'm all for repeat bands, just ones I like.:)

I tried really hard to get into Evergrey, but it just didn't happen. I don't do dark music. When Evergrey does an album called "Happy happy joy joy", I'm there, dude!

adaher said:
I'm all for repeat bands, just ones I like.:)

I tried really hard to get into Evergrey, but it just didn't happen. I don't do dark music. When Evergrey does an album called "Happy happy joy joy", I'm there, dude!

That's cool dude. I really don't get into the Happy Happy music for the most part but there are some exceptions.

Evergrey is just a phenomenal band for me personally. They are a HEAVY Progressive Metal band and they are truly unique. Plus they really do well with an extended set that showcases all their great catalog. They blew me away at PP4. I'm really hoping for them this year.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Yeah, you can see those bands on tour as of late, but where exactly will you be seeing them play 90 minutes (especially Evergrey, being from Sweden)?

People want those repeat bands because we've gotten emotionally attached to their material and want to hear as much as possible. It's cool to see a really awesome new band play live but there is nothing like seeing a fave band with 3+ albums that you have been listening to for years.

I am not disagreeing nor did I say all new bands. there are tons of bands that have 3+ cds that still haven't ever played 1 show in America and I am just saying I would prefer them than to see bands that have the opportunity to tour over here. I am not knocking evergrey as I really like them. I just know that despite the fact that I have more opportunities to get back over to europe than I have in the past, I would like to see some bands that are long past deserved an opportunity to play in america.

Oops, got it wrong.

We all live in happiness our life is full of joy
We say the word "tomorrow" without fear
The feeling of togetherness is always at our side
We love our life and we know we will stay
:)

Evergrey is cool but...
1. They are WICKED formulaic. I've never heard an Evergrey riff I found particularly creative. To me they just seem like they are in the studio and go "how bout this" and noodle a riff. The prog power bands I really like are the ones who manage to come up with riffs/progressions that exceptionally unique, yet quickly become familiar and catchy (case in point Symphony X and Angra). Everything else just sounds like a variation on Metallica, ugh!

2. Their lead guitars are HORRID! I mean, the tone and mixing on the album is one thing, with that disgusting fake squaky distortion that could just as easily be coming from a 30 dollar crate amp. But the composition is worse! solo section - dugadadugadadugada (up the scale) dugadadugadadugada (down the scale) predictable arpeggio, bend note with bar. Their solos have nothing to do with the songs and they have NO finesse. I love solos that really relate to the song and have a purpose in unfolding its mood (ie EVERY solo off Symphony X - V or anything Henjo and Kai do in Gamma Ray). I've simply grown out of these shred solos that are composed by guys who can play fairly quick and know their scale patterns that almost seem like the other guy wrote a song and they were like 'I already have a solo at that tempo!'.

X, Angra, G-Ray - I needs one of ya!