The next two are....

Mephistopheles said:
It might just kill him considering how hard he works to make one amazing show happen a year... but a big one off show featuring just Ayreon seperate from ProgPower would be amazing and doesn't seem impossible.

I think you could get a lot of people to a show like that.

I know I've seen this scenario at least once before around here... I don't recall if it was mentioned by the man himself though. Doubt it...

With as many people who are involved with projects like that it would take a miracle to see somethign along the lines of Ayreon or Avantasia. All those other people in all those different bands, touring schedules, studio dates, rehearsals... keep on dreamin (and I dont mean that in a rude way, dreams are nice).

Like someone posted before me, lets be happy we get to see Symphorce and Stride! All this talk about gigs that 99% will never happen (big projects, Helloween but only original lineup) is a little much. You think instead of rehashing the same dreamy gigs would get old. Try coming up with some other bands that are realisticly able to play ProgPower that may spark Glenn for the next lineup.

I'd say Crimson Glory are a definite maybe. Let's just hope if that's the case Midnight can still pop up those brutal highs ;p I mean... Eternal World just wouldn't be the same 1 octave lower. For slot #4 I just can't get my mind off of Rhapsody... everything makes sense with it being a US debut AND Rhapsody's homepage saying they'll play a 3rd festival but they can't annouce it yet because all the slot assignments haven't been decided (sounds like Prog Power to me). Admittedly I would have liked to see Angra again, but hell.. my fiancee is Brazilian so I can go there to Brazil anytime and see them play during their 4 tours a year there. But I wonder who this mystery 3rd band is who will play if the #1 slot is out. And from what people have said it seems like it would be a return band... Maybe Symphony X told Glenn they're available?

DarkTide said:
Shane also posted a message at Perpetual Motion a week or so ago stating that he was leaving the band. I take it that somewhere along the way you just mixed up the names Shane and Gary. I'd say that is fairly easy to do since I have no clue who any of them are.
Yep. I think Shane is the bass player, and Gary is the vocalist.

Zod

I've been wanting to see Stride play since I grabbed the demo last year at PPV!! I live in Houston (well close enough) and now it looks like I will travel across the states to see them. Go figure. :p

I realllyyyyy REALLLLY hope RAGE somehow gets on the bill, that would be sick as hell.

I LOVE RAGE, but since im in the states, there prolly wont be many oppertunities for me to see them. Unless they play PP.. Rage and Strato... OMG I'd shit myself

Listening to the two new guys now - based on those 2 songs here's my thoughts

Symphorce seems kindof typical and I'm not big on the vocals. Not a fan of the production and tonality either. Nothing special in my book

Stride is wicked cool, very unique and original. Good production, catchy melodies, like the singer, I'll be mega pleased to see them rock the place.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the 2nd friday slot will be Rhapsody, it just makes sense on every level. The number 1 slot, I have no idea, but I highly doubt these elaborate Avantasia, Aryeon, reunion from all corners of the Earth are the answer. Plus I'd rather see a fricken BAND than an overly elaborate concept album project or a bunch of guys thrown back together trying to get in shape for the show. No idea who the unique headliner would be, but I sure hope the backup is Gamma Ray, Symphony X, or Angra, and I sure hope it defaults to one of them. Thems the best!

PS Mephistophelis, is that Kefka?

Mephistopheles said:
It might just kill him considering how hard he works to make one amazing show happen a year... but a big one off show featuring just Ayreon seperate from ProgPower would be amazing and doesn't seem impossible.

I think you could get a lot of people to a show like that.

I know I've seen this scenario at least once before around here... I don't recall if it was mentioned by the man himself though. Doubt it...

Could even do a 1 day mini fest with the bands of some of the singers. Ayreon + Mostly Autumn + After Forever +....

That brings us back into high cost though I bet.

urinalcakemix said:
I realllyyyyy REALLLLY hope RAGE somehow gets on the bill, that would be sick as hell.

I LOVE RAGE, but since im in the states, there prolly wont be many oppertunities for me to see them. Unless they play PP.. Rage and Strato... OMG I'd shit myself

You'd shit yourself and I'd kill myself; I don't know what's worse!

urinalcakemix said:

Rage already told me themselves that they won't be playing this year. Actually, Mike sounded less enthusiastic than Peavy. he said "maybe in another 4 or 5 years." :p

I don't need Kai, although I'd love to have him.:)

I wouldn't worry about Kiske so much if they'd gotten someone good to replace him, but Andi Deris just doesn't do it for me.

I will be happy none the less if I go as I won't get into the complaining game as I know I have had a good time in my 2 years attending. I just think I hope it doesn't resort to a returning band especially evergrey and sym x as although I love both, I can see them anytime now on tour. I make trips to fests to see special performances by bands I have hard time seeing on tours.