The next two are....

Honestly, this is the first Prog Power so far that the headliners that have BEEN ANNOUNCED so far havent made me wet... BUT Pink Cream 69 ALONE and Manticora are worth it for me and hey Circus Maximus sounds pretty sweet so far. March 8th man.... cmon baby get your ass here...

Ben

With the exception for maybe Leopard here, youre not gonna see someone more excited during PC 69's set I guarantee it.

how does this break down? #1........#2 strat....#3 therion.....#4..........#5 orphand land.........#6 im lost........

whats 1-10 suppose to be?

LOCALX said:
how does this break down? #1........#2 strat....#3 therion.....#4..........#5 orphand land.........#6 im lost........

whats 1-10 suppose to be?

1. unknown
2. Stratovarius
3. unknown
4. Therion
5. Orphaned Land
6. Pink Cream 69
7. Symphorce
8. Manticora
9. Circus Maximus
10. Stride

If I cannot confirm #1 that I have been after for four months, then Stratovarius moves into the #1 slot. The number #2 and #3 slots then become true co-headliners.

Glenn H.

Wait....so if you can't get #1 confirmed then there will only be nine bands? Or just a tenth band that's not headlining-material?

Barking Pumpkin said:
Wait....so if you can't get #1 confirmed then there will only be nine bands? Or just a tenth band that's not headlining-material?

Eh? Relax. You are all messed up.

If I don't get the band I want, then I replace them with another headliner band and the numbers around just a tad.

Glenn H

Harvester said:
Eh? Relax. You are all messed up.

If I don't get the band I want, then I replace them with another headliner band and the numbers around just a tad.

Glenn H

I not sure If I remember this correctly or not. The band you want is not a repeat right? Otherwise you should not have a problem getting them. If you do not get them, there may be a repeat in the headlining spot....correct?

The number 4 slot on Friday is the one that you said you were f 'n stoked about...correct?

By the way, good call with Symphorce!

FatesFan said:
I not sure If I remember this correctly or not. The band you want is not a repeat right? Otherwise you should not have a problem getting them. If you do not get them, there may be a repeat in the headlining spot....correct?

The number 4 slot on Friday is the one that you said you were f 'n stoked about...correct?

Correct on both statements, especially the #4 slot on Friday.

Glenn H.

Well, I hope it's not Crimson Glory. Never really liked them.

As for Ayreon, it's a cool project, but too many 70s influences, especially Pink Floyd. I like my prog Dream Theater style, not so much into the Genesis, Pink Floyd, ELP and King Crimson stuff.

I figure the #4 slot has a lot of possibilities, like Iron Savior, Masterplan, or maybe Labyrinth. But that #5 just stumps the heck out of me. Even looking at Crimson Glory objectively, I just don't see that they have enough material to headline. Don't they have just two albums with Midnight plus Astronomica?

Oh crap! I forgot about Sonata Arctica! Oh, please let it be them!

Glenn you are doing a fantastic job getting these bands. I will admit to not being very familar with a lot of the bands this year, but so what. I will go into the festival like I do every year...listen to as many cds by the bands as possible and then get blown away by their live shows.

Labyrinth would be sweet.. Since I first listened to them I was in awe and I consider their self-titled my favorite album, though return to heaven denied is awesome too

that said, i'm already stoked.. lots of great bands(eventhough i've only heard of two). i'm already a fan of orphaned land from my shiny new mabool cd and manticora and cm both sound great. symphorce is great as well, though I would have personally taken the other force, dragonforce, but i digress. (afaik, they aren't that big to be up in the upper echelons of numbers)

this will be my first progpower, but by the amazing artists you're getting this year, it certainly wont be my last. i just hope in the future i manage to see blind guardian or edguy repeat since i managed to miss them at an awesome event like this

Walter_Langkowski said:
And Symphorce is a good pick too. "Twice Second" is a solid Power Metal album. Does anyone know if they'll have a new album by Sept., or will they still be touring with that CD?

QUOTE]New Album for 2005!

Dear Phorceheads,

The Symphorce crew is currently busy working on new songs for a new album in early 2005. Tons of cool ideas for new songs are being thrown around and being collected. "We will continue writing and writing new material, to make sure we can put out the best songs we have ever written." -Symphorce

If all goes as planned, Symphorce would enter the studio around April/March of 2005, take on a few European Festivals and tentatively a tour for the FALL (next to the release of the album).

There is no album title as of yet, but we will keep you posted over the months as things start to develop!

We are sure the new forthcoming album will be amazing, we wish Symphorce the best and are VERY excited to hear the news!

Nice work Glenn! Stride was my superstar cd pickup at PP4, I play that thing all the time and Joel is a guitar god. I was not into symphorce much but Andy puts out alot of energy so thats another great pick. Now we just need more hints on 1 and 3...

VENOM4188 said:
Glenn you are doing a fantastic job getting these bands. I will admit to not being very familar with a lot of the bands this year, but so what. I will go into the festival like I do every year...listen to as many cds by the bands as possible and then get blown away by their live shows.

that is how I have been the last 2 years. there are always 1 or 2 bands that are can't miss with me that pull me to the fest. the rest I get into by making some hauls with various cd distros. I obviously lean alittle more towards the prog side but either way, I walk out of the club impressed come progpower time

I can't wait to see Symphorce. This is looking to be a great, if unusual, ProgPower.

But unusual is good!

Hhmm...l'm thinking the next 2 should be prog bands. The picks so far are all primarily power with the exceptions of Circus Maximus & Stride. Well...then there's Pink Cream 69...the oddball (ugh). This line up is just not doing it for me at all. l'm liking the Symphorce pick & maybe Stride. Maybe the next 2 will pull it out and make this a fest worth attending. Vanden Plas, Masterplan, Redemption, or Pagan's Mind would definitely do it. And, l'm kinda diggin' the Crimson Glory reunion idea. Masks and all would shred no doubt.

Glenn will not disappoint. I know some past years that he has had to juggle bands if things fall through, and I for one, have not been disappointed. I am "sure" his back-up headliners are fine.
On the Ayreon note - I think it would be a logistical nightmare for the band - getting musicians together to pull that material off live would be tough.
Then add the logistics of "guests" - wow. And not to mention what a nightmare it would be from a crew standpoint ! There were 2 guests last year that did not do soundcheck.... crew was informed shortly (minutes) before they joined the band onstage during the actual set. That could have easily unraveled, but it was pulled off anyway.
But hell - I'd love to see the Ayreon project live !

General Zod said:
I think that's what happened. Apologies for any confusion my confusion caused.

Zod

Shane also posted a message at Perpetual Motion a week or so ago stating that he was leaving the band. I take it that somewhere along the way you just mixed up the names Shane and Gary. I'd say that is fairly easy to do since I have no clue who any of them are.

Britt