The next two are....

General Zod said:
Is Gary performing with Stride? I thought I had heard he left the band?

Zod

Yes. Your post the other day sent me scrambling to the phone. Vocal tracks are in the process of being recorded now. Your source deserves a punch to the face.

Glenn H.

I assume Glenn does not have the main headliner 100% confirmed as of right now... which I can understand...

You can announce one of them next monday though!

Harvester said:
Andy Franck returns to the stage as Symphorce makes their North American debut with an exclusive date. "Tears" can be downloaded in the audio section.

Stride becomes the first band to jump from the pre-party to the main stage as an opening act. Their new album is due in October via Sensory Records. However, their disc will be available at the festival exclusively via The Laser's Edge. A new mp3 (different from the ProgPower V sampler) is located in the audio section.

The final headliners will be announced on March 8th.

Glenn H.

Glenn, since everyone else seems to be asking it, I'll go ahead...was the March 8 a typo on your part (1st?) or is the announcement still another two weeks away?

Thanks.

dargormudshark said:
Already knew about Stride, I thought the other band was going to be another prog band?

I wasn't going to mention this...but since someone else did...

They're even from Germany.

I guess he just said the announcement would make traditional prog fans happy, and I just jumped to the conclusion that it meant both bands were prog.

I'm still holding out for Ayreon.

It's GOT to be Ayreon. Why would anything else take so long to confirm?

So as I'm waiting for this Stride song to download, I've got very good feelings about this band. haven't heard them yet, but their site and logo look supremely cool.

Now if only I could figure out how to navigate their freaking website without just randomly clicking little blue spheres...

Walter_Langkowski said:
Right. Stride fits that category but Symphorce is about as Power Metal as they come, IMO.

You didn't think I was going to simply give everything away did you? Red herrings have value.

It will all be good in the end.

Glenn H.

SYMPHORCE!! I was crossing my fingers for that one! As far I'm concerned, Andy should be a permanent fixture to ProgPower! Any year without him somehow attending would seem just plain wrong. :cool:

Riceloft said:
Takes a long time to nail down Ayreon I guess :p

HAHAHAHA!!! Exactly!! Wouldn't that be great?! That would make 2 of the 4 bands that I never thought I'd see live end up performing at the same show!

~Tammy Z~