The nicest compliment

Lolita Vampiriá

Sister of Mercy
Feb 24, 2003
Espoo, Finland
What's the nicest compliment you've ever received?

I just remembered this strange incident which happened last summer.
I was walking on the street going to see my friends' band at a club and suddenly this cute Harley guy with dark, long curly hair pulls over next to me and asks: "Miss, do you have a moment?" I was astonished since it's not usual total strangers talk to me on the streets of Helsinki and this one was goodlooking guy riding a shiny HD. I answered yes. He told me that he thought I was beautiful and he liked the way I dressed, it reminded him about old Finnish movies from the 50's, and asked if being too familiar. He also wanted to know if I was interested in having a cup of coffee with him sometimes. I blushed and was speechless for a second. :oops:

How come things like this never happened when I was a single and lonely? However I said thanks for the nice words but I didn't think I could make it. He was very polite, smiled all the time, and I almost felt sorry for not being able to talk to him more and maybe meet sometime. He seemed like a very interesting person, needless to say very goodlooking too.

So back to the topic, what the nicest compliment you've ever received?

My best friend once told me that I give her the feeling to be at the right place at the right time.. and that sometimes she'd go crazy if I werent there.

That's probably not what you expected.. but it was meant to be a compliment and is one of the most special things anyone has ever said to me.

Yes, friends sometimes say nice things to each other, not just compliments but words with deeper meaning to them. I do say things like that if I care about someone but it's not always easy.

when i was singing , this guy said i want you to sing on my wedding day, that was a nice compliment, and when i was younger a man followed me home from the train station and asked me if i wanted to ever do modelling for him and gave me his card, but i was'nt very confident then :erk:so i never took the offer up.

Ofcourse i like teh compliments i get about how i look.

But the best one i got from a friend, he said " You are the only person in the whole world that i would trust with something."

That one made me happy. :)

i was once told i was the beginning and the end of this world
i take that as a compliment on my plan of world domination

The Lantern Nut said:
1."You're really an artist"
2. A song called "A pair of brown eyes" being played...for me!
3."You can take a lot of booze" ;)
A pair of brown eyes...the traditional Irish song popularly sung by The Pogues among others? If so, I approve.

I've gotten various ego-boosting compliments from women and things but it doesn't really make me feel very good to think about because its all from things that went all to hell and leave you feeling guilty/angry/disgusted rather than 'nice'. But not to drag things down, when I used to play death metal type stuff, alot of people at shows considered me to be Schuldiner-esque though not a copycat. That was quite nice considering Chuck has always been one of my heroes. :kickass:

Indeed. Do you think that, therefore, the best compliment, that could be known to be non-ego-boosting, is one where you are told you haven't done anything wrong so far?

Ethereal Sage said:
Indeed. Do you think that, therefore, the best compliment, that could be known to be non-ego-boosting, is one where you are told you haven't done anything wrong so far?
Maybe. Or if the compliment is given by a person who you respect and trust no matter what. Also even if you don't know the person well and you have an intuition that the person is sincere, it's all good. You'll know if the person is trying to get an advantage of you.