The night we'll remember

Strahd

I am fine
Apr 3, 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden
www.gs.gfs.gu.se
Words can not express how great last nights Evergrey concert were. The ones who were there will know what I mean and the unfortunate ones that weren't will hopefully be able to get a glimpse of the magic on the upcoming DVD. I say a glimpse because I'm not sure the DVD will be able to do it justice. I'm not saying that the DVD will be bad, far from it, I believe it will be great! It's just that this night had something that no camera can ever capture. Pure musical magic. The guys were on fire, the stage was great and the fans even better! I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to fans from Scotland, Spain, Germany, Holland, Norway and USA. To all of you who traveled here only to see the band and then hurrying home the next day I can only say cheers! You truly are great fans and it was an honour to enjoy this evening with you all! Hope you had a safe journey home and perhaps I'll see you all on another occasion.

So what of the gig itself you might ask? Well I've been to many Evergrey gigs but this one surpassed them all. They played songs from all albums and a string quartet from the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra joined in for some of the songs making them sound even more alive than before. For those of you who want to know the setlist to the DVD, this is what they played

Blinded
End of Your Days
More Than Ever
She Speaks to the Dead
Rulers of the Mind
Blackened Dawn
Waking Up Blind
As I Lie Here Bleeding
Misled
Mark of the Triangle
- The String Quartet Enters
When The Walls Go Down
Harmless Wishes
Essence of Conviction
Solitude Within
Nosferatu
Recreation Day
- The String Quartet Leaves
For Every Tear That Falls
A Touch of Blessing
The Masterplan

This night was truly a night to remember!

Strahd said:
Words can not express how great last nights Evergrey concert were. The ones who were there will know what I mean and the unfortunate ones that weren't will hopefully be able to get a glimpse of the magic on the upcoming DVD. I say a glimpse because I'm not sure the DVD will be able to do it justice. I'm not saying that the DVD will be bad, far from it, I believe it will be great! It's just that this night had something that no camera can ever capture. Pure musical magic. The guys were on fire, the stage was great and the fans even better! I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to fans from Scotland, Spain, Germany, Holland, Norway and USA. To all of you who traveled here only to see the band and then hurrying home the next day I can only say cheers! You truly are great fans and it was an honour to enjoy this evening with you all! Hope you had a safe journey home and perhaps I'll see you all on another occasion.

So what of the gig itself you might ask? Well I've been to many Evergrey gigs but this one surpassed them all. They played songs from all albums and a string quartet from the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra joined in for some of the songs making them sound even more alive than before. For those of you who want to know the setlist to the DVD, this is what they played

Blinded
End of Your Days
More Than Ever
She Speaks to the Dead
Rulers of the Mind
Blackened Dawn
Waking Up Blind
As I Lie Here Bleeding
Misled
Mark of the Triangle
- The String Quartet Enters
When The Walls Go Down
Harmless Wishes
Essence of Conviction
Solitude Within
Nosferatu
Recreation Day
- The String Quartet Leaves
For Every Tear That Falls
A Touch of Blessing
The Masterplan

This night was truly a night to remember!

Man I wish I could of gone :cry:

I dare say that setlist makes me really want to purchase this DVD. Let's hope it'll make it to shelves before Christmas. :) That would be nice...getting both PoS and Evergrey DVDs.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Let's hope it'll make it to shelves before Christmas. :)
I wouldn't bet on that. I doubt that the DVD will be out before late spring, early summer next year. It takes quite some time to get the DVD's done and then there's marketing etc, etc. But no matter when it will be out it will have been worth the wait.

Wow....I planned on traveling to the show from the USA but my plans fell through. It sounds like it was great and I can't wait to see the DVD. I will certainly be visiting Sweden at some point to see the country and catch an Evergrey show while I'm there! I'm glad the show went well.

I read a review in the swedish newspaper GP today...4 towers out of 5 :D
and the reviewer Bella Stenberg said also that there will be a live album early next year from the show! :headbang: is this true?

The best fucking night in my whole fucking life, Iam fucking shocked right now. Evergrey fucking rules. Thank you for the best fucking gig in my life!!! THANK YOU!

Yeah it was really great! I was there too. I was the girl with the red flashing devilhorns^_^ If anyone who was there saw me.