The Nightwish Concert Picture Thread

Tramz

OSA Council Member
Aug 9, 2007
Long Island, New York
With the tour underway, everyone might like a place to post a few pictures of their experiences and this would be the place to do it.

For me, it was extremely hard to get decent pictures. In Philly, we decided to go to the second level, so the distance made it difficult. In NYC, the crowd was so fanatical, in such a frenzy, and so desperate to get even the slightest bit closer that no words can really describe the madness. Either you were up front at a concert and know what i mean, or you weren't and don't. Suffice it to say, this made taking decent pictures virtually impossible as you weren't kept still anywhere *near* long enough to focus. I pulled out some of my better pictures from these two events (i'm not yet sure if i will post the member gathering pictures from Vintage Vinyl and whatnot):

setlistphillypr1.jpg

While waiting in line for the Meet & Greet at Philly, i ran into someone who had a set list. I didn't get the greatest picture, so here is what it says: Intro - Bye Bye Beautiful, Cadence of Her Last Breath, Anette Speak, Dark Chest of Wonders, Ever Dream, Marco Speak, Amaranth, The Islander, The Poet And The Pendulum, She Is My Sin, Anette Speak, Sahara, Sleeping Sun, Marco Speak, Slaying The Dreamer, Nemo. Encore: Eva, Wishmaster, Anette & Marco Speak, Wish I Had An Angel. Outro: Blood Diamond. Don't ask me about the crossed out stuff, the kid was a bit nervous that i was going to run away with the list (as if) so i never got a good look.

nightwishphillytj1.jpg

Philly, shot from the second level.

nightwishphilly1xo3.jpg

I didn't take many pictures at Philly because of the distance. This is the band lining up before leaving the stage at the end of the concert.

nightwishnyc9ek5.jpg

Now these are from NYC. Again, remember that taking sharp pictures at NYC of anything not right on top of you was virtually impossible.

nightwishnyc01rm8.jpg

nightwishnyc02sd4.jpg

nightwishnyc2afq4.jpg

Here's one for the Chin Milkers. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

nightwishnyc03ne3.jpg

nightwishnyc4sy6.jpg

nightwishnyc05lg6.jpg

nightwishnyc06gq7.jpg

nightwishnyc7tf7.jpg

nightwishnycamn1.jpg

nightwishnyc8mr2.jpg

You know, i tried to get some decent close shots of Jukka but they are all completely blurry and useless. Even photoshop isn't helping them. Sorry Jukka! My camera may not have liked you, but we all thought you were extremely cool at the meet & greets.

Heh did they have a different outfit for Anette for each show on the tour?

There are a couple nice group shots in your pictures.. sans Tuomas of course, being aaaalll the way over on the left, as he was.

lololol..... wow, can that outfit look any more 'Amy Lee' than that?!?! o_O; WHAT IS WITH THE PIGTAIL THINGS? o_O;;;;;;;;;; She's not 12!

I like the picture where her arm is around Marco, very cute!

lololol..... wow, can that outfit look any more 'Amy Lee' than that?!?! o_O; WHAT IS WITH THE PIGTAIL THINGS? o_O;;;;;;;;;; She's not 12!

I like the picture where her arm is around Marco, very cute!

Actually the girl that we were standing next to at the Culture Room concert thought that she looked like an evil Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz.

*Shrug* well its true!! She looked like a dark punky/metal version of Dorthy! And it works for her too!

What drives me crazy is that she's 36 and she looks like she's barely 20!

Good pics KT, makes me wish all the more I could have gone to the Galaxy show, because I could have taken some really great shots. House of Blues is a nice venue but I never enjoy the venues where I can't take pictures as much as the ones where I can.
blink2.gif

The second batch of pics you hosted, though, I can't see for some reason. :(

And yeah, it looks like Anette does change outfits every night. In L.A. she was wearing a little black top, a black skirt, and black boots with little pink bows on the tops of them.