The "Norwegian" thread

Well yeah, orange IS a nice color!

Have fun! Never really been to Eindhoven, I live in Amsterdam.

I've only been to Amsterdam's airport, IT'S FUCKING HUGE! Then got picked up by my brother and he drove me to Eindhoven. I have a lot of Dutch friends from Eindhoven and a few in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, so I might have to come up and visit some time. :p

Eindhoven is an okay City but nothing special. It's just so beautiful compared to my home Country, I was tempted to stay there. (ps riding bikes all the time is just insane and scary :C )

I've only been to Amsterdam's airport, IT'S FUCKING HUGE! Then got picked up by my brother and he drove me to Eindhoven. I have a lot of Dutch friends from Eindhoven and a few in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, so I might have to come up and visit some time. :p

Eindhoven is an okay City but nothing special. It's just so beautiful compared to my home Country, I was tempted to stay there. (ps riding bikes all the time is just insane and scary :C )

Yeah Schiphol (the airport) is quite big!

You should visit meh too! :p

Bikes are cool btw, not scary at all! :p

Yeah Schiphol (the airport) is quite big!

You should visit meh too! :p

Bikes are cool btw, not scary at all! :p

Haha I'll try, it's always fun meeting more people. I should be meeting 2 or 3 friends from the net next time and we'll all go for a drink in Eindhoven and stuff.

I went to Eindhoven last August and that was my first time riding a bike since I was a child, and if we ever did ride bikes I only ever did it in a park or something, never along side cars. I know they have their own bike lanes, but it's still scary when a car goes zooming past you, or even other people on their bikes or scooters. Your bikes are also very unique and were a bit awkward to ride at first, I fucked up a few times when I had stopped at lights and had to go again, it's so embarrassing.

Hehe yeah Holland is really really nice, when I was there I loved it :) :headbang: .
I went to Amsterdam and Tilburg, only to see 1) Legion of the Damned, Finntroll and Sodom and 2) The Gathering.

Lucky fucking me :headbang: .

Amsterdam is really nice :headbang: .

The norwegian æ is exactly the same as the a in ass. Note: NORWEGIAN. Danish is such a bizarre language :erk: No offence

Really? Okay then, I just thought we pronounced them the same way. As the Swedish ä is the same as the Danish æ.

Do Norwegians really pronounce it in the same way as the Finnish ä?

Also: None taken, I know we have a weird language, unlearnable by most. Pretty kvlt actually. Underground linguistics.

^ :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

So how different is Danish from Norsk and Swedish? Judging from the comments I'd say there are some craZy difference :p

Well Danish and Swedish people pronounce æ (or ä) like the e in "hey". Written, there is next to no real difference between bokmål Norwegian and Danish. Norwegians just pronounce their words a lot more like they're written, whereas we in Denmark lowing throwing silent letters and letters that sound like other letters but aren't all over the place. We also mumble a lot, and like to speak more with our throat and diaphragm, compared to the other Nordic languages' more tongue-oriented pronunciation. It's also quite a bit less musical than Norwegian and Swedish. They have a more sing-song approach where Danish is a lot more gruff.

I'm quite proud I'm starting to spot the difference between Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. I was watching a TV show were a lot of various Scandinavian folk (and English and Canadian) got together to sail on a long ship from Denmark over to Dublin and re-enact the usual Viking's journey. Was nice to see I could pick out who was Danish or Norwegian or Swedish while they spoke either their mother tongue or English. *dance*

Although admittedly I've had a Danish friend since I was young so I picked up on the accent so easily (to the point where I have a habit of throwing in the accent to a lot of words I say). I pick up on accents way to easily, to the point wheere my entire accent is just a huge mixture of everything and anything, ugh.

On Prayer of a Son and Lokasenna I can understand some of the Icelanitc, or atleast I think I can. :lol: It seems to have a lot of words that are the same in Irish.