The Nostalgia Thread

2pop4wi.jpg

Found this gem in one of my game cases, I will be glued to my television all night. It's the only game I've ever been able to beat, but I'm horrible at video games anyway.

^Love that. Still I prefer the first Crash Bandicoot, but Warped is the game I've been playing most in my life. And I'm not counting Tekken 3 :lol:

I liked Warped alot. I miss the really stupid platformer games like Crash, Gex, and Spyro :(

Now all we have left is Ratchet and Clank, which is fine, but that series is dying too =/

Warped was by far the pinnacle of the Crash series imo.
Well, it's one of the best platformers ever made, but I still prefer the first. In my opinion it has more memorable boss fights like Pinstipe Potoroo, Nitrus Brio (I wasn't allowed to play this boss while my brother was awake because the second form scared the shit out of him :lol:) and of course Neo Cortex. Also the level design is something that you don't see in every game. And though it is a game for children, it is very challenging. Try to get the gem on the Slippery Climbing level without dying before the first checkpoint. I played the game 100% last autumn and some levels are still near impossible for me.
I liked Warped alot. I miss the really stupid platformer games like Crash, Gex, and Spyro :(
Gex Deep Cover Gecko is one of the most entertaining platformers ever. It's a long time since I've last played it, but I still remember the game. It was never too repetetive. I also loved the idea of "open world" (I mean that it's very similar to Spyro). It's shame that there won't be any new Gex games in near future :(.

Yeah, I agree. It came out when I was probably like 12 I think o___O

So many good games a long time ago. Not just a bunch of games trying to rip each other off =/

Twisted_Metal_2.jpg

I used to play that for hours, along with Tekken 3, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Nemesis, Medievil, Spyro 2, Bust a move, Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit, Cool Boarders 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, and the Legacy of Kain series.

I used to play that for hours, along with Tekken 3, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Nemesis, Medievil, Spyro 2, Bust a move, Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit, Cool Boarders 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, and the Legacy of Kain series.
I still play most of those. Dude, if someone would make me to choose between PSOne and PS2, I would definitely choose PS1.

lol, I used to always use the little alien guy who was one of the secret characters. He would get so much air I could do 1080's like nothing.

lol, I used to always use the little alien guy who was one of the secret characters. He would get so much air I could do 1080's like nothing.

Although, I loved that game, I could never manage to do anything cool besides run into trees (really, I'm that bad at video games haha), but I still remember playing it all the time. lol

I could never manage to do anything cool besides run into trees
That's probably all I could do in Cool Boarders 3 demo. Sometimes I managed to do some kinda boardslide on one of those tree branches but that's all. It was also fun to beat other boarders :lol:

I was pretty decent at them for someone who never took the game too seriously. I obviously didn't like dominate the game or anything. Me and my friends always just had fun trying to dodge stuff coming at us at like 50 miles per hour :rofl:

I obviously didn't like dominate the game or anything.
That's the way I play games. If I'm playing with a friend, I'm just trying to have fun. If I start to play seriously with a friend, our gaming ends up in a silent nerd rage where the only thing you can hear is the sound of us mashing the shit out of our controllers. Especially in Tekken :D