The NOW PLAYING thread

lol funny you mention that DWD, I actually am quite a fan of video game music, I have the 3cd set of the whole Final Fantasy 3/6 soundtrack, from back in 1993 lol. Video game music rules! CT has some good tunes on it.......

uh......yes J, Soilwork does indeed slay and rule, Nomad is just a wolf, dont listen to him ;)

good ol Dan Swano........why did Eternal Tears of Sorrow murder this song? :cry:

This song is wicked, so I downloaded the original.. and was surprised at how horrible it was. But, Chris Johnsson did a good job at noticing how cool the chord progression COULD be, and made something of it...

@Fleischwolf: I've got myself the Kveldssanger album now... And it's great! :D (But I don't see that it has got very much to do with norse mythology and such... seem more medieval folk-ish to me...)

yippeh! well, i told you it's great!
hmm, you don't think it's got much to do with norse mythology? well, here' what garm said about it:
" 'Twilight Songs' is a musickall Project primarilie founded on the Darke Sides of Norwegian Folklore. This is nevertheless no traditionall Album of Folk Musick, but rather a Neo-Folk adaptation of the Sentiments we hold towards the magical and mythical elements in older aspects of our Culture. We here attempt to paint Naturall-Mystickall & Trollish Atmospheres solelie with acoustic Instruments, and what You hear is the result of late Nightes where we have found ourselves in Creative Longing for old Norway's grand Historie, marvellous Nature and the Spellbinding Atmospheres of Olde that She doth convey.
The Romantick School of Thought which sprang up in the Germanick Countries towards the end of the 18th Centurie have exercised a considerable Influence on this Work, with its Intonation of free Phantasie & Abilitie to vividlie & absorbinglie tie connections between the Emotionall and the Medieval Age's view on Life & Popular Culture.

Beware the Light of Day... "

so we're both right aswell!:D :) :D :)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
This album is so majestic....
The sound is crap, but....
The way the vocalist sings....
The viking/folk thing....
It's great! :eek:)

Iiihiii!!! Love that song!! _And that album. I think the sound makes it more... mmm... it strengthen the atmosphere the music gives you. ;)

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
yippeh! well, i told you it's great!
hmm, you don't think it's got much to do with norse mythology? well, here' what garm said about it:
" 'Twilight Songs' is a musickall Project primarilie founded on the Darke Sides of Norwegian Folklore. This is nevertheless no traditionall Album of Folk Musick, but rather a Neo-Folk adaptation of the Sentiments we hold towards the magical and mythical elements in older aspects of our Culture. We here attempt to paint Naturall-Mystickall & Trollish Atmospheres solelie with acoustic Instruments, and what You hear is the result of late Nightes where we have found ourselves in Creative Longing for old Norway's grand Historie, marvellous Nature and the Spellbinding Atmospheres of Olde that She doth convey.
The Romantick School of Thought which sprang up in the Germanick Countries towards the end of the 18th Centurie have exercised a considerable Influence on this Work, with its Intonation of free Phantasie & Abilitie to vividlie & absorbinglie tie connections between the Emotionall and the Medieval Age's view on Life & Popular Culture.

Beware the Light of Day... "

so we're both right aswell!:D :) :D :)

Yup, I read that, and it's true. (But I don't understand why this is written in some sort of danish on the album...:confused: ) But this is the culture that has been in Norway after christianity came here, so not just norse... but yes, as you say, we're both right ;)