The NOW PLAYING thread

Originally posted by Fjelltussa

Yup, I read that, and it's true. (But I don't understand why this is written in some sort of danish on the album...:confused: ) But this is the culture that has been in Norway after christianity came here, so not just norse... but yes, as you say, we're both right ;)

hmm, but that is also on the other two albums of the trilogy, bergtatt and nattens madrigal! "aate hymner til ulven i manden"...as far as i remember mand is danish for man, not norwegian!?
it also says in bergtatt:
"Ofver hendes Hode
Det drybber fra Qviist
Draabe for Draabe some Blodet
Fra Kroppen til Jesu Christ"
so they sing about a time norway has allready been christianized!

Originally posted by Fleischwolf

hmm, but that is also on the other two albums of the trilogy, bergtatt and nattens madrigal! "aate hymner til ulven i manden"...as far as i remember mand is danish for man, not norwegian!?
it also says in bergtatt:
"Ofver hendes Hode
Det drybber fra Qviist
Draabe for Draabe some Blodet
Fra Kroppen til Jesu Christ"
so they sing about a time norway has allready been christianized!

Yup... so I guess this must be taken from somewhen between 1500 and 1850 (cirka), because then danish was the official language in Norway.... hmmm.. didn't really think about that until now...

Btw, I've tried to figure out what they say on these songs, but much of it is indeed hard to understand. Got to listen to it a bit more before I post smth about it here...

Check out paganmetal.com. You can find there a lot of good bands. Most people here willl like this site. So, check it out!!

btw. blackspirit, you can find Adhur there

WHOA! Thanks, both of you! :eek:)

I decided to just put something on and
chose this folder with three songs....
When I heard them again I realized how
much I enjoy them! :eek:))
Now it's time for me to check out
audiogalaxy + paganmetal.com!

You're the best!

Thanks YMIR :) i tried to check that site like a million times before but it kept sending me to the same page.. now it works :D

edit: I love this forum
pblob2.gif

:D

hmm i'm really bad at explaining music so i stole this from the band's site www.gjallarhorn.com

"Gjallarhorn features world music with roots in the Swedish folk music of Finland. A personal and talented echo of the ancient folk music tradition of Scandinavia with its mythical medieval ballads, whirling minuets, prayers in runo-metric chanting and ancient Icelandic rímur epics."

.....that doesn't explain it very well either, does it? :p

Originally posted by astarte
hmm i'm really bad at explaining music so i stole this from the band's site www.gjallarhorn.com

"Gjallarhorn features world music with roots in the Swedish folk music of Finland. A personal and talented echo of the ancient folk music tradition of Scandinavia with its mythical medieval ballads, whirling minuets, prayers in runo-metric chanting and ancient Icelandic rímur epics."

.....that doesn't explain it very well either, does it? :p

Must.Check.Out :eek:)