The NOW PLAYING thread

FV, I just couldn't get into Metropolis 2. Sure, it was better than Falling into Infinity, but that wouldn't be hard. I just don't think James hasn't used his voice to its full potential since Awake.

Now, I normally don't like high vocals (I sing bass), but James was one of the few that I liked. And his Tenor II voice isn't too impressive.

(Man, I love this LC track)...

Originally posted by FatherVic
"Images and Words" have most melodic and catchy songs so this album as the best for a start, I think... "Awake" is also very good, and you really MUST hear "Space-Dye Vest" from it... "Falling Into Infinity" is their simpliest and most 'poppy' album, and I don't like it too much, but some people started to listen to DT from it...

Hm... I'll check out those songs.... AND that album,
since The Nomad recommended the same one.....

Originally posted by FatherVic
@blackspirit: must listen Metrpolis2: Scenes from a Memory, IMHO the best (and most listenable to newbies) Dream Theater ablum!!!
it's the best album I've ever hear/read/caressed/enjoyed/madelovewith/etc etc

fathervic (one of those passionate dream theater fan :D )

SEE!!??!???? I WANT TO FEEL THAT!!!!?!?!!!!!!!! :eek:)))

Thanks for the tip man!

I'm still in mourning.......

@blackspirit: must listen Metrpolis2: Scenes from a Memory, IMHO the best (and most listenable to newbies) Dream Theater ablum!!!

Yeah, he is right! This album is brilliant!:) I think it is a kind of symphonic metal/hard rock! They are btw very great musicians

@Blackspirit, I think you should check out, the song Pull Me Under and Another Day, those songs and the album Images And Words, was what got me into Dream Theater...

Lutz, what do you mean one of the few? I can only think of maybe 5 tracks that aren't as good as the rest and they're STILL damn good. damn trolls...

Anyway, Blackspirit, if you wait long enough, you'll have all the tracks off of I&M, Awake, and Metropolis 2 recommended to you. Though, near as I can tell, you pretty much have to listen to M2 as a whole since that's how it was written... a complete lyrical (and perhaps musical) journey. But since I don't care about lyrics (kinda ironic), it doesn't give me any good feeling.

And finally, it's 0930, and I"m about to fall over. :err: :zzz: