The Obsidian Conspiracy - Instrumental Version

I know that expressing negative opinions about nevermore gets threads locked around here but I have to comment on this. Did anyone else think that these songs floating around in youtube were kinda unimpressive musically? Except from "she comes in colors" which kick ass. I actually prefer matt's version of the title track.
The guitar tone is fucking awesome though, definitely better that TGE in my opinion. It's kinda different in general from all previous albums, or maybe it's all in my mind. I believe Loomis going to a lighter string gauge may had something to do with that.

I know that expressing negative opinions about nevermore gets threads locked around here but I have to comment on this. Did anyone else think that these songs floating around in youtube were kinda unimpressive musically? Except from "she comes in colors" which kick ass. I actually prefer matt's version of the title track.
The guitar tone is fucking awesome though, definitely better that TGE in my opinion. It's kinda different in general from all previous albums, or maybe it's all in my mind. I believe Loomis going to a lighter string gauge may had something to do with that.

Just noticed by reading my post again that maybe it wasn't quite clear what I meant. By "these songs" I meant the original 4 nevermore songs that have leaked in youtube not the competition entries.

And btw, Andy, I would really like to know what amps you ended up using in the album please.

I agree. I haven't listened to She Comes in Colors yet... but I didn't dig the two slow ballad songs (The Day You Built The Wall & The Blue Marble and The New Soul) much at all other than the guitar solos. I hope there are more faster songs like the title track on the rest of the album.

Listened to She Comes in Colors now and it's pretty good, and I've been digging the title track since it first popped up... I don't like those slow ballads though.

For me Nevermore is a typical "grower" band..much more than other bands. I´m 100% sure, some of the songs of their new Album will need some time to unfold!! No one should be so early settled with opinions about new Nevermore songs floating around.

What gauge did he jump over to?

Somewhere in these videos he mentions that he switched to 9-46 and 64 for the 7th.

Listened to She Comes in Colors now and it's pretty good, and I've been digging the title track since it first popped up... I don't like those slow ballads though.

Yes, I liked the title track too musically, it's the vocal melodies that seem really uninspired.

im waiting til the full album is out to listen to this, but god i am so so so so tempted

Somewhere in these videos he mentions that he switched to 9-46 and 64 for the 7th.

Awesome. I'm using that same 1-6 gauge, and a 66 for the 7th. The Jazz III could barely pluck the 70.

Anyway enough derailing.

Haven't heard any of these new Nevermore tracks apart from what's been put up on the teaser. I'm keen to just pop the CD in and let it take its journey without marring it by bad online rips.

Haven't heard any of these new Nevermore tracks apart from what's been put up on the teaser. I'm keen to just pop the CD in and let it take its journey without marring it by bad online rips.

+1000

I follow you with that idea, Ermz. The other way is simply unworthy, since we are on Andy´s forum.

I will NOT download the leaked songs, I love Nevermore too much to betray them like that, The teaser videos were enough for me, I can't wait to go and buy the album :D

Just noticed by reading my post again that maybe it wasn't quite clear what I meant. By "these songs" I meant the original 4 nevermore songs that have leaked in youtube not the competition entries.

And btw, Andy, I would really like to know what amps you ended up using in the album please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nocdtt-PNWs#t=8m08s

Although, that's not saying Andy didn't reamp.

Andy most definitely did reamp. Do those clips sound even remotely SE-esque to you guys? With the low end squish and overall smoothness it's got going on, I'm convinced it's a 5150 or 5150III.