The Occult and Metal

Cythraul said:
Oh we've all looked further into the question. Infoterror himself has provided the occasion for that very thing in his "indo-european roots of metal" thread. Thanks for the advice but I think some of us know which subjects are barely worthy of even a cursory investigation thnx.

That's why you're posting here, then? YHBT and YHL.

Øjeblikket said:
this is the kind of waste that turned me away from a.n.u.s., too. Maybe you and Blaphbee can reserve the crap for the crapper?

Maybe you need a reality check: he's complaining about how the post is beneath his notice, yet devotes his time to a reply. Can you spot the contradiction?

Good, good.

Adding in satanic/occult themes is a cheap way for a metal band to shock or create a sense of the arcane. Listening to someone talking about the occult who have never taken part in any aspect of it is like listening to a virgin explaining intercourse. Granted there are those (Such as Mayhem) that were deeply immersed in the occult and that comes through with intensity of 'De Mysteriis...' for example.

infoterror said:
Can anyone explain why the occult figures so prominently in Romanticist art, music, and literature?

Hmm.

and what did you actually set out to clarify with that question? Surely it is an answer pretending to be a question that offers no real answer, don't ya think? Is it a question that is supposed to point to some one else's essay you've linked to elsewhere? Whatever, juvenile.

just say (write) what you think pertains to the conversation without pulling a fakeout/you guys are morons crap. If that is too difficult for you to consider, then I just won't bother reading your posts, no big deal.

Øjeblikket said:
and what did you actually set out to clarify with that question?

That the answer is obvious, and we should reach higher in our ambitions. It might not work for you, however ;)