The offical TIPPING (WTF) thread

I don't get the jizz part though, how can he get jizz on your food after you don't give him a tip? Or when he sees you don't give him a good tip does he just ask you "excuse me, just a sec before you close the door, I want to wank on your pizza".

It would be a hell of a lot simpler if restaurants charged more for the food and paid their workers more. That way there wouldn't have to be this substandard system of gratuities for income and everyone can be happy.

Furthermore, Carbonized's delivery job description sucks. It isn't right that a restaurant should expect it's employees to deliver in the employee's own vehicle on their own gas without any compensation. I can see how that situation would warrant it.

Maqus said:
I don't get the jizz part though, how can he get jizz on your food after you don't give him a tip? Or when he sees you don't give him a good tip does he just ask you "excuse me, just a sec before you close the door, I want to wank on your pizza".

i had a friend that worked for Chinese Delivery when we were teens ... no tip = surprise in your mailbox ... usually some yellow liquid type :loco:

i tip bartenders + dilvery dudes + waiters and see nothing at all thats even debatable about it...

Dilvery dudes = ride there ass around in a car all day long giving my lazy ass food so I can beet another fuking level of Doom3 without getting of my piece of shit lass and getting the food myself. They deserve some extra god damn money.

Bartenders = Shuffle there ass behind a shitty bar all night long serving drinkings to drunken rowdies CONSTANLY, females having to deal with getting hit on by ugly fat dudes, etc etc. this one doesn't need much justification, i think most people tip bartenders. I think the reason is cuz the are doing there job RIGHT IN FRON OF YOU so you know damn well how hard/frustrating it is/looks.

Waiters/Waitresses = Damn, of COURSE you tip them, thats how they make there fuckin money. Well if there real shitty then I don't give em much, but thats very very rare. Its a FUCKING hard job, one of the hardest there is, they need there tizips yo.

well, whenever i order (has to be like once a week), i give a $3 - $5 tip. I figure it as a kind gesture, because they ARE using their own cars and own gas money. I know that if I was a delivery driver, i wouldn't wanna wait to get my paycheck to fill my car up. I'm also very appreciative that the dude brought my food to my lazy ass.

pizza delivery people do use their own cars, at least around here....I think most of them are ex-cons. I usually tip ten percent when the weather is good, more in the winter, because then it must be one of the suckiest jobs in the world.

I think you do have to be careful with these people though because nowadays they log you into a computer system so your address and phone # are there for them to misuse, and you'll be eating handtossed double jizzed pizza til the end of time.

haha we use to party in my basement a lot and eventually the local pizza/sub/etc shop that we usually ordered from (being from massachusetes, theres about 29387429837429387423987 sub/pizza/etc. shops in every town, all named after people, my town alone has Kens, Joes, Joes, Joes, Andreas, Glorias, Giovanis...uh can't think of others) yea well they stopped dilivering, we'de call and they just would say "No" because we where to rowdy once or somthing...i guess its better then getting your food jizzed on though.

I don't go outside much, but I always tip at restaurants cause they don't make that much money at all. Also, my mom used to be a waitress and my best friend's mother currently is one, so I know all the stories about bitchy customers and some of them not tipping at all despite good service.

Also, a lot of them are parents or students trying to make ends meet. And if it's a cute guy... then... I'm even more inclined to do so.

As for some other places like fast food kiosks, I only tip if the service was exceptional and/or I'm a regular and they know my order already before I arrive.

Um, I saw an ad for pizza delivery drivers. $9/hr + tips. That said, I usually throw in a buck or two for the dude. I imagine they make 4 deliveries an hour or so on average, that's $9 + $8 = $17/hr for delivering pizza. Not bad for a crap job.

I always tip at restaurants that actually bring you your food and refill your drinks. I never know quite what to do at Chinese buffets. I mean, sometimes they are cool and refill the drinks, but they don't need to, and you get your own damn food. I usually leave $1, but I always wonder why.

Now I see tip jars at places like Quiznos. Screw that; I'm not tipping you for making my damn sandwich. You already get paid for that.

I agree tipping should be abolished as a norm. The food price should be adjusted, and the base salaries rased, and then if they are good, you can throw in a little more to say thanks.

I agree tipping should be abolished as a norm. The food price should be adjusted, and the base salaries rased, and then if they are good, you can throw in a little more to say thanks.

that would mean employees would have to be on the books and basically all immigrants would be out of the job.

not sure how it is in the rest of the country, but in NYC basically all waitresses and delivery people are struggling immigrants.

hahaha amen to that. And its so worth it. There like footballs.....delicious yummy yummy footballs..mmmmmmmm

20030531-chipotle.jpg

I wish they had Chipotle in Utah, but Barbacoa is pretty much the same thing. There used to be one calle Z-Teca (then changed it's name to Q-Doba) that had the absolute best hot sauce I've ever had. It was the 'extra hot' sauce, habanero-based. Oh man, I about creamed my pants.

Chipotle hot sauce isn't that hot to me; it's on par with Taco Bell fire sauce probably. Still, good-tasting stuff.