the OFFICIAL "explain your user name" thread!!!!!

AnvilSnake

Anvil = Found it on a business card under the name, "Anvil Glass" when I was 8 or 9, and have been using it as a Username ever since.

Snake = I love how people use snake as such a bad animal. Especially in the bible, the snake being the devil and all. Just made "Snake" sound so... sly... I guess.

and now AS Design (used to be AnvilSnake Graphic and Web Design) has gotten pretty big. Its pretty cool.

It's the name of a band, among other things. I guess that's where I got it from, on some subconscious level. Usernames usually are not of much importance to me.

Totaly asome thread dude!!! I agree!!!

My name is cuz i was born METAL
I live METAL
I shit METAL
I will die METAL!!!!

So that all eqals that I am METAL FOR LIFE

Zivilyn is vaguely mentioned in a book. I don't know if he actually exists as a character in any of the spinoffs, but I liked the idea of him.
Zivilyn is deity of wisdom, enlightenment, and insight. His realm is awareness, balance, and understanding. His branches reach into every time and place in the River of Time, into the past and into the future. He exists in all times and places simultaneously, and is wisest of the gods.

Corny, no?

Metal Fo' Life said:
Totaly asome thread dude!!! I agree!!!

My name is cuz i was born METAL
I live METAL
I shit METAL
I will die METAL!!!!

So that all eqals that I am METAL FOR LIFE

You sir, Are far from metal! j/k

My name came from a bad game of darts, in which a dictionary was hit.

When I was unregistered, my username was "unregistered", but when I did finally register, I found out it was taken, so I chose "unknown"

Karmic said:
pointed randomly in a booklet, and this was the word
i always thought it was from "Heart Collector," actually :p

Dreaming Neon Black is my favorite Nevermore album. Darkspot was my nickname-type thing when i was about 14. i put them together and it sounded cool.

There ya go.

My name in real life is Salman. (WTF?)
It looks kind of like Salmon.
My friends in the 2nd grade found this hilarious, and called me fish.
I liked this nickname, and made it cooler with a PH instead of an F.
Soon would i realize a stoner band had the same name.

GLAH.

Explained.

Shpongled a term created by Simon Posford that signifies listening to his music (Shpongle) under the influence of psychadelic drugs. Although I do no condone this sort of behavior, I have been "Shpongled" many times before.

Nowadays, I just love the music and think it's a cool word with a cool meaning. Much less childish and cliche than "dead_fetus," which was my nick from 2001 until about a month ago.