The Official Metal Month Thread

For the non Germans:
- Rock Solid - Randy Staub EZX
- Metal Guitar Gods: Amp&Speaker Presets (i guess for EZMix 2)
- 2 Midi Libraries
- Producer Packs (Presets) for SD 2.0
- some kind of stripped down Metal Bundles for SD and EZDrummer (whatever this means...)

it's a damn phenomenon!
nowadays, companies spend 99% of their money and time
to hype their mostly ueles stuff instead of creating something
really interesting...

what will we get the next year!?
more user presets and presets for user presets!?

it's ridiculous to even think about taking money for
stuff that has no actual worth.
i highly doubt that there is any
real work put in the presets, it's bullshit thrown
together in a few minutes...well at least it sounds so.

:D

For the non Germans:
- Rock Solid - Randy Staub EZX
- Metal Guitar Gods: Amp&Speaker Presets (i guess for EZMix 2)
- 2 Midi Libraries
- Producer Packs (Presets) for SD 2.0
- some kind of stripped down Metal Bundles for SD and EZDrummer (whatever this means...)

I really hope that's not everything. One EZX and a bunch of stuff I'll never need.

we have to realize that we are not the focus market for toontrack.
Most of the people here ( not me) are able to get really pro mixes that sound at radio level.

I believe toontrack target are the newcomers kids, the laptop metal warriors at a very beginner level. For them the presets stuff do make a difference improving their work.

Its noticiable while slate points to the pro market, toontrack seems to forget you all and turn their attention to the metal kids.

Thanks Condenado for the news, Gonzo666 for the translation and Ola for the teasing!!

we have to realize that we are not the focus market for toontrack.
Most of the people here ( not me) are able to get really pro mixes that sound at radio level.

Yeah sure...:loco:

Most people here are the bedroom warriors you're talking about.

I'll admit, I do use EZmix, when I've got riff/song ideas and I just can't be arsed to mix properly, or it's 5am and my ears are shot :lol: Just slap a few Bergstrand presets on the drums and bass and it's all good.

it's a damn phenomenon!
nowadays, companies spend 99% of their money and time
to hype their mostly ueles stuff instead of creating something
really interesting...

what will we get the next year!?
more user presets and presets for user presets!?

it's ridiculous to even think about taking money for
stuff that has no actual worth.
i highly doubt that there is any
real work put in the presets, it's bullshit thrown
together in a few minutes...well at least it sounds so.

:D

Like someone already pointed out - Toontrack makes a helluva lot more money from their products from the home studio/hobbyist market than the professional market. Useless is a relative term, interesting as well. Just like a recent thread about "the business" - any person/company needs to know where the real money comes from and target their products towards that demographic.

No surprisingly, it sounds uber processed. That doesn't leave any room for tweaking. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just not for me. Metal Machine was better in that regard. Also when drums are already that compressed in the mix, it must be a pain to keep some punch trough the mastering chain. The demos definitely don't have that "Stauby" punch . Just my thought.
Must be cool for stacking with other sounds though.

Well, I hear an overcompressed drum sound, the rest of instruments would have to adapt to this sound. I prefer Metal Machine.:bah:

same here. i've tried to mix my stuff with the stock plugins on my DAW, but i couldn't quite get it right. when i first used EZmix, i was like "where the fuck have you been all my life."

Do you think EZ mix is a good tool to learn mixing techniques from?

I think it would sound great for more rock oriented stuff. Will probably grab it once the american retailers get it and I can order at a better price.

Randy Staub - Rock Solid EZX

Last edited by a moderator: